|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3 and 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Steelkilt threaten to do if he is flogged by the captain?
(a) Jump overboard.
(b) Seek an unnamed revenge.
(c) Tell the admiralty board of review.
(d) Murder the captain.
2. Why does the Town-Ho's captain have to put the ship into port?
(a) Its crewmen are ill with scurvy.
(b) It has run out of supplies.
(c) It has sprung a leak.
(d) There has been a mutiny on board.
3. What prevents Steelkilt from taking revenge on Radney?
(a) The captain orders Radney executed.
(b) Radney apologizes.
(c) Moby Dick kills Radney.
(d) Steelkilt has a change of heart.
4. What food does Bartleby appear to eat exclusively?
(a) Ginger nuts.
(c) Pine nuts.
5. Where do both the captain and Steelkilt go after they separate?
Short Answer Questions
1. What action does Steelkilt determine to take after being locked in the hold?
2. With what alliteration does Melville describe the islands?
3. Who is the worst enemy of the narrator of "Cock-a-Doodle-Doo?"
4. What does Bartleby's demeanor show about his eccentricities?
5. How does the narrator describe the men who work the Erie Canal?
This section contains 239 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)