|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3 and 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the narrator accommodate the weakness of his oldest scrivener?
(a) By allowing him to work only half a day.
(b) By giving him unimportant papers in the afternoon.
(c) By giving him unimportant papers in the morning.
(d) By hiring an assistant for him.
2. What prevents Steelkilt from taking revenge on Radney?
(a) Steelkilt has a change of heart.
(b) The captain orders Radney executed.
(c) Radney apologizes.
(d) Moby Dick kills Radney.
3. What does Bartleby's demeanor show about his eccentricities?
(a) They are involuntary.
(b) They are voluntary.
(c) They are unimportant.
(d) They are important.
4. Who takes possession as the sole ruler of St. Charles Isle?
(a) A Peruvian king.
(b) A Chilean adventurer.
(c) A Creole soldier.
(d) A Bolivian pirate.
5. What surprises the narrator when he goes to his office on a Sunday?
(a) Bartleby has stolen his things.
(b) Bartleby has been working on the weekend.
(c) Bartleby has invited friends to the office.
(d) Bartleby has been living there.
Short Answer Questions
1. With what weapon does Radney threaten Steelkilt?
2. Why does Radney dislike Steelkilt?
3. What does a scrivener do?
4. How does the narrator describe the men who work the Erie Canal?
5. What famous person expressed a good opinion of the narrator of Bartleby?
This section contains 252 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)