|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3 and 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does the captain fear to shoot Steelkilt for his insubordination?
(a) It would justify Radney's dishonorable actions.
(b) It would spark a mutiny.
(c) It would be unfair.
(d) It would lead to a admiralty investigation.
2. What part of the United States does the narrator of the Town-Ho's story claim is much like the sea?
(a) The Erie Canal.
(b) The Mississippi.
(c) Lake Tahoe.
(d) The Great Lakes region.
3. Who is the worst enemy of the narrator of "Cock-a-Doodle-Doo?"
(a) His banker.
(b) His wife.
(c) His neighbor.
(d) His creditor.
4. What happens to the rooster when the Merrymusk family dies?
(a) The rooster crows on the graves.
(b) The rooster is sold for five hundred dollars.
(c) The rooster dies too.
(d) The rooster goes home with the narrator.
5. How does the narrator describe life on the sea as compared to farming or working the Erie Canal?
(a) Sea life is "quietly Christian."
(b) Sea life is "reckless and barbaric."
(c) Sea life is "daring and brave."
(d) Sea life is "calm and pure."
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the crew members do as soon as the Town-Ho reaches port?
2. What nicknames does the narrator of Bartleby give his employees?
3. What does the narrator of "Cock-a-Doodle-Doo?" believe the rooster's crow is saying?
4. What does Steelkilt threaten to do if he is flogged by the captain?
5. How does the narrator of "Cock-a-Doodle-Doo?" view the world?
This section contains 304 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)