|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3 and 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the narrator of "Cock-a-Doodle-Doo?" believe the rooster's crow is saying?
(c) Glory be to God in the highest!
2. Why doesn't the narrator dismiss Bartleby for insubordination?
(a) Bartleby is calm, showing no emotion.
(b) Bartleby promises to improve.
(c) Bartleby is obviously emotionally upset.
(d) Bartleby is distressed.
3. What age is the narrator of Bartleby?
(a) In his fifties.
(b) In his forties.
(c) In his thirties.
(d) In his sixties.
4. What nicknames does the narrator of Bartleby give his employees?
(a) Chompers, Grumpy, and Short Stuff.
(b) Turkey, Nippers, and Ginger Nut.
(c) Grandpa, Grumpy, and The Kid.
(d) Chicken, Rooster, and Cluck.
5. What does Steelkilt threaten to do if he is flogged by the captain?
(a) Tell the admiralty board of review.
(b) Seek an unnamed revenge.
(c) Jump overboard.
(d) Murder the captain.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the crew decide to do after Steelkilt is flogged?
2. What do Steelkilt and his men demand in return for obeying orders?
3. Why does Radney dislike Steelkilt?
4. How does the narrator of "Cock-a-Doodle-Doo?" treat his creditor after hearing the crow?
5. What animal from the islands supplies sailors with food and utensils?
This section contains 245 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)