|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2 - Bartleby, the Scrivener: A Story of Wall-Street.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does the captain fear to shoot Steelkilt for his insubordination?
(a) It would be unfair.
(b) It would spark a mutiny.
(c) It would justify Radney's dishonorable actions.
(d) It would lead to a admiralty investigation.
2. Why does Radney dislike Steelkilt?
(a) Steelkilt is unfriendly.
(b) Steelkilt is insubordinate.
(c) Steelkilt is handsome.
(d) Steelkilt is rude.
3. How does Bartleby respond to the other employees?
(a) He emulates them.
(b) He ignores them.
(c) He resents them.
(d) He thanks them.
4. What nicknames does the narrator of Bartleby give his employees?
(a) Grandpa, Grumpy, and The Kid.
(b) Turkey, Nippers, and Ginger Nut.
(c) Chompers, Grumpy, and Short Stuff.
(d) Chicken, Rooster, and Cluck.
5. What does the narrator's middle-aged employee offer to do for Bartleby?
(a) Fire him.
(b) Black his eyes.
(c) Teach him better work habits.
(d) Teach him manners.
Short Answer Questions
1. With what weapon does Radney threaten Steelkilt?
2. Why does the captain decide not to flog Steelkilt?
3. What prevents Steelkilt from taking revenge on Radney?
4. What do Steelkilt's three remaining conspirators decide to do to save themselves?
5. What do the other employees think of Bartleby's refusals?
This section contains 265 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)