|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2 - Bartleby, the Scrivener: A Story of Wall-Street.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What previous employment had shaped Bartleby?
(a) Working as a court reporter.
(b) Working on a locomotive.
(c) Working in a dead letter office.
(d) Working in a morgue.
2. What do the Peruvian listeners force the storyteller to do to prove his story is true?
(a) Produce another witness.
(b) Swear on the Bible.
(c) Cross his heart.
(d) Show some evidence.
3. What nicknames does the narrator of Bartleby give his employees?
(a) Turkey, Nippers, and Ginger Nut.
(b) Grandpa, Grumpy, and The Kid.
(c) Chicken, Rooster, and Cluck.
(d) Chompers, Grumpy, and Short Stuff.
4. Who are Pedro and Sebastian in The Town-Ho's Story?
(a) Sailors on the Pequod.
(b) Sailors on the Town-Ho.
(c) Friends of the narrator.
5. What does the arrangement of the office allow Bartleby to do with the narrator?
(a) Hear him but not see him.
(b) See him but not hear him.
(c) Both see and hear him.
(d) Neither see him nor hear him.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why doesn't the narrator dismiss Bartleby for insubordination?
2. What age is the narrator of Bartleby?
3. What do Steelkilt's three remaining conspirators decide to do to save themselves?
4. What good qualities does Bartleby have as an employee?
5. What does the narrator's middle-aged employee offer to do for Bartleby?
This section contains 270 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)