|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2 - Bartleby, the Scrivener: A Story of Wall-Street.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the Peruvian listeners force the storyteller to do to prove his story is true?
(a) Show some evidence.
(b) Produce another witness.
(c) Cross his heart.
(d) Swear on the Bible.
2. What is the first thing Bartleby says he would prefer not to do?
(a) Compare a copy with its original.
(b) Copy a comparison of an original.
(c) Go for coffee.
(d) Originate a copy.
3. Why is the narrator not pleased with Bartleby's industriousness?
(a) Bartleby is only occasionally industrious.
(b) Bartleby is frighteningly mechanical.
(c) Bartleby is not cheerful.
(d) Bartleby is relentlessly cheerful.
4. Why does the Town-Ho's captain have to put the ship into port?
(a) There has been a mutiny on board.
(b) Its crewmen are ill with scurvy.
(c) It has sprung a leak.
(d) It has run out of supplies.
5. What food does Bartleby appear to eat exclusively?
(b) Pine nuts.
(c) Ginger nuts.
Short Answer Questions
1. What quality of Bartleby's induces the narrator to hire him?
2. What do the other employees think of Bartleby's refusals?
3. What do Steelkilt's three remaining conspirators decide to do to save themselves?
4. Who are Pedro and Sebastian in The Town-Ho's Story?
5. What age is the narrator of Bartleby?
This section contains 262 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)