|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2 - Bartleby, the Scrivener: A Story of Wall-Street.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What good qualities does Bartleby have as an employee?
(a) He is eager to help.
(b) He is hard-working and honest.
(c) He is amiable and friendly.
(d) He is enthusiastic and energetic.
2. Why does the captain decide not to flog Steelkilt?
(a) He suddenly feels sorry for Steelkilt.
(b) Steelkilt makes an inaudible threat.
(c) He suddenly feels ashamed of his own behavior.
(d) He suddenly feels the menace of the rest of the crew.
3. What does Steelkilt threaten to do if he is flogged by the captain?
(a) Jump overboard.
(b) Seek an unnamed revenge.
(c) Murder the captain.
(d) Tell the admiralty board of review.
4. What surprises the narrator when he goes to his office on a Sunday?
(a) Bartleby has been working on the weekend.
(b) Bartleby has stolen his things.
(c) Bartleby has invited friends to the office.
(d) Bartleby has been living there.
5. What is the main task of the narrator's youngest employee in Bartleby?
(a) Errand boy.
(c) Legal research.
Short Answer Questions
1. What age is the narrator of Bartleby?
2. How does Steelkilt respond to Radney's request that he sweep the deck?
3. How does Bartleby respond to the other employees?
4. Why is the narrator not pleased with Bartleby's industriousness?
5. What do the Peruvian listeners force the storyteller to do to prove his story is true?
This section contains 269 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)