|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2 - Bartleby, the Scrivener: A Story of Wall-Street.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What action does Steelkilt determine to take after being locked in the hold?
(a) He will apologize.
(b) He will seize the ship.
(c) He will kill the captain.
(d) He will kill Radney.
2. What do the other employees think of Bartleby's refusals?
(a) They think Bartleby should be fired.
(b) They think Bartleby should be forgiven.
(c) They think Bartleby should be promoted.
(d) They think Bartleby should be excused.
3. What famous person expressed a good opinion of the narrator of Bartleby?
(a) Theodore Roosevelt.
(b) John D. Rockefeller.
(c) John Jacob Astor.
(d) Andrew Carnegie.
4. What does the narrator say a man does when confronted with an unreasonable situation?
(a) Questions his own mind.
(b) Acquiesces out of courtesy.
(c) Digs in his heels.
(d) Doubts the other person.
5. What part of the United States does the narrator of the Town-Ho's story claim is much like the sea?
(a) Lake Tahoe.
(b) The Great Lakes region.
(c) The Mississippi.
(d) The Erie Canal.
Short Answer Questions
1. What age is the narrator of Bartleby?
2. Where does the narrator in The Town-Ho's story tell his tale?
3. What does the crew decide to do after Steelkilt is flogged?
4. What food does Bartleby appear to eat exclusively?
5. Why does Radney dislike Steelkilt?
This section contains 246 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)