|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2 - Bartleby, the Scrivener: A Story of Wall-Street.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Bartleby's demeanor show about his eccentricities?
(a) They are unimportant.
(b) They are voluntary.
(c) They are involuntary.
(d) They are important.
2. What prevents Steelkilt from taking revenge on Radney?
(a) The captain orders Radney executed.
(b) Radney apologizes.
(c) Moby Dick kills Radney.
(d) Steelkilt has a change of heart.
3. What part of the United States does the narrator of the Town-Ho's story claim is much like the sea?
(a) The Mississippi.
(b) Lake Tahoe.
(c) The Great Lakes region.
(d) The Erie Canal.
4. What is the first thing Bartleby says he would prefer not to do?
(a) Go for coffee.
(b) Copy a comparison of an original.
(c) Compare a copy with its original.
(d) Originate a copy.
5. What does the crew decide to do after Steelkilt is flogged?
(a) Murder Radney.
(b) Obey the captain.
(c) Start a mutiny.
(d) Desert together.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is the narrator not pleased with Bartleby's industriousness?
2. What makes Moby Dick an unusual whale?
3. What do the crew members do as soon as the Town-Ho reaches port?
4. What does the narrator say a man does when confronted with an unreasonable situation?
5. Whose job is it to normally sweep the deck of a ship?
This section contains 276 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)