|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2 - Bartleby, the Scrivener: A Story of Wall-Street.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What prevents Steelkilt from taking revenge on Radney?
(a) Radney apologizes.
(b) Moby Dick kills Radney.
(c) The captain orders Radney executed.
(d) Steelkilt has a change of heart.
2. What does the crew decide to do after Steelkilt is flogged?
(a) Start a mutiny.
(b) Obey the captain.
(c) Murder Radney.
(d) Desert together.
3. What does Bartleby's demeanor show about his eccentricities?
(a) They are important.
(b) They are voluntary.
(c) They are unimportant.
(d) They are involuntary.
4. What part of the United States does the narrator of the Town-Ho's story claim is much like the sea?
(a) The Mississippi.
(b) The Great Lakes region.
(c) The Erie Canal.
(d) Lake Tahoe.
5. What are the two failings the narrator sees in his middle-aged scrivener?
(a) Indigestion and messiness.
(b) A bad temper and gambling.
(c) Dishonesty and ambition.
(d) Ambition and indigestion.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the first thing Bartleby says he would prefer not to do?
2. Whose job is it to normally sweep the deck of a ship?
3. What nicknames does the narrator of Bartleby give his employees?
4. What do the Peruvian listeners force the storyteller to do to prove his story is true?
5. What does the arrangement of the office allow Bartleby to do with the narrator?
This section contains 277 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)