|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2 - Bartleby, the Scrivener: A Story of Wall-Street.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is the narrator not pleased with Bartleby's industriousness?
(a) Bartleby is not cheerful.
(b) Bartleby is relentlessly cheerful.
(c) Bartleby is only occasionally industrious.
(d) Bartleby is frighteningly mechanical.
2. What is the profession of the narrator of Bartleby?
(b) Tax accountant.
3. Where does the narrator in The Town-Ho's story tell his tale?
(a) On the deck of the Pequod.
(b) On the deck of the Town-Ho.
(c) The Cape of Good Hope.
(d) Lima, Peru.
4. What are the two failings the narrator sees in his middle-aged scrivener?
(a) Ambition and indigestion.
(b) Indigestion and messiness.
(c) Dishonesty and ambition.
(d) A bad temper and gambling.
5. What age is the narrator of Bartleby?
(a) In his thirties.
(b) In his sixties.
(c) In his fifties.
(d) In his forties.
Short Answer Questions
1. What good qualities does Bartleby have as an employee?
2. With what weapon does Radney threaten Steelkilt?
3. What does a scrivener do?
4. What famous person expressed a good opinion of the narrator of Bartleby?
5. What does Steelkilt threaten to do if he is flogged by the captain?
This section contains 229 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)