Eight Week Quiz G
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 22 - Billy Budd.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What has Hautboy accomplished in "The Fiddler?"
(a) Hautboy has become rich.
(b) Hautboy has learned to be happy.
(c) Hautboy has become famous.
(d) Hautboy has developed great technical proficiency.
2. Why does the narrator of "Jimmy Rose" refuse to change the wallpaper in his parlor?
(a) It reminds him of Jimmy Rose.
(b) It reminds him or a rose garden.
(c) It reminds him of better days.
(d) It reminds him of his childhood.
3. What caused the loss of Jimmy Rose's fortune?
(a) The stock market crash.
(b) His overly generous dealings.
(d) Duplicitous dealings.
4. What has the uncle in "The Happy Failure" invented?
(a) A device for diverting rivers.
(b) A device for building dams.
(c) A device for purifying water.
(d) A device for draining swamps.
5. What contributes to the narrator's thoughts about the apple-tree table being supernatural?
(a) The table is old.
(b) The table is unusually beautiful.
(c) The table is Satanic-looking.
(d) The table is inscribed with signs and symbols.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the narrator of "Cock-a-Doodle-Doo?" view locomotives and steamships?
2. What habit of the bachelors in the Temple does the narrator wish to introduce in his own country?
3. Why was Bannadonna excused for the homicide he committed?
4. What effect does the Marquis de Grandvin have on those around him?
5. What does Blandmour believe God does for the poor?
This section contains 296 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)