|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2 - Bartleby, the Scrivener: A Story of Wall-Street.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the profession of the narrator of Bartleby?
(c) Tax accountant.
2. What is the main task of the narrator's youngest employee in Bartleby?
(b) Errand boy.
(d) Legal research.
3. What are the two failings the narrator sees in his middle-aged scrivener?
(a) Dishonesty and ambition.
(b) Indigestion and messiness.
(c) A bad temper and gambling.
(d) Ambition and indigestion.
4. What makes Moby Dick an unusual whale?
(a) He is unusually small, white, and intelligent.
(b) He is unusually large, white, and vengeful.
(c) He is intelligent and communicates with people.
(d) He has supernatural powers.
5. What benefit does the narrator get from his indulgence of Bartleby's eccentricities?
(a) Bartleby's friendship.
(c) The approval of his employees.
(d) The approval of his peers.
Short Answer Questions
1. What action does Steelkilt determine to take after being locked in the hold?
2. What famous person expressed a good opinion of the narrator of Bartleby?
3. What good qualities does Bartleby have as an employee?
4. What is the first thing Bartleby says he would prefer not to do?
5. What does the crew decide not to do after Steelkilt is flogged?
This section contains 253 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)