|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 17 - 21.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What effect does the Marquis de Grandvin have on those around him?
(a) His presence is enriching.
(b) His presence is irritating.
(c) His presence is confusing.
(d) His presence is embarrassing.
2. How does the narrator of "Cock-a-Doodle-Doo?" view locomotives and steamships?
(a) As symbols of human ingenuity.
(b) As harbingers of a bright future.
(c) As instruments of destruction.
(d) As uniters of families.
3. Why does the narrator of "Jimmy Rose" refuse to change the wallpaper in his parlor?
(a) It reminds him of his childhood.
(b) It reminds him of Jimmy Rose.
(c) It reminds him of better days.
(d) It reminds him or a rose garden.
4. What does the narrator in "The Paradise of Bachelors" say has become of the Knights Templar?
(a) They've become schoolteachers.
(b) They've become warriors.
(c) They've become doctors.
(d) They've become lawyers.
5. Why does the narrator of "I and My Chimney" identify with his chimney?
(a) They are both tall and handsome.
(b) They are both. the center of attention.
(c) They are both obese old smokers.
(d) They are both an annoyance to the household.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the main task of the narrator's youngest employee in Bartleby?
2. How does Captain Delano view the attitude of the black people on board?
3. Who is the worst enemy of the narrator of "Cock-a-Doodle-Doo?"
4. What did Jimmy Rose have to offer the rich after he lost his fortune?
5. What previous employment had shaped Bartleby?
This section contains 303 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)