|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 17 - 21.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why had Jimmy Rose often been chosen to present awards?
(a) He was famous.
(b) He spoke well.
(c) He was handsome.
(d) He was a generous donor.
2. What happens to the rooster when the Merrymusk family dies?
(a) The rooster goes home with the narrator.
(b) The rooster dies too.
(c) The rooster is sold for five hundred dollars.
(d) The rooster crows on the graves.
3. Why does Coulter come home for lunch?
(a) To get exercise from the walk.
(b) To please his wife.
(c) To enjoy a hot meal.
(d) To rest a little while.
4. What do Steelkilt's three remaining conspirators decide to do to save themselves?
(a) Support Steelkilt's mutiny.
(b) Sneak back to their posts.
(c) Kill Steelkilt.
(d) Bind Steelkilt and give him to the captain.
5. What caused the bell-ringing automaton to kill Bannadonna?
(b) A design flaw.
(c) An unrepaired defect.
(d) A manufacturing error.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the crew decide not to do after Steelkilt is flogged?
2. What does the narrator in "The Fiddler" do with his manuscripts?
3. What emblem does John Gentian wear on his left lapel?
4. What was the disadvantage of building the piazza on the north side of the house?
5. How does Captain Delano evaluate Benito Cereno's condition when he first meets him?
This section contains 295 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)