|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 17 - 21.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is unusual about the pork at the Coulters' dinner table?
(a) It is only hides.
(b) It is only fat and gristle.
(c) It is last year's.
(d) It is not really pork.
2. To what did Captain Delano attribute the ship's being so long becalmed?
(a) Bad luck.
(c) Unusual weather.
(d) Poor seamanship.
3. What did the failure of his invention do for the uncle in "The Happy Failure?"
(a) Made him furious.
(b) Made him a good man.
(c) Made him disappointed.
(d) Made him more determined.
4. What loss of John Gentian's is noticed most on May thirtieth?
(a) His empty sleeve.
(b) His blinded eye.
(c) His missing ear.
(d) His limp.
5. How does the narrator of "Cock-a-Doodle-Doo?" view the world?
(a) Full of puzzles, traps, and confusion.
(b) Full of sunshine, flowers, and rainbows.
(c) Full of dangers, snares, and delusions.
(d) Full of casualties, despotism, and knocks on the head.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the temperature at the mill?
2. Why is Captain Delano glad he was not astute enough to recognize the mutiny?
3. What contributes to the narrator's thoughts about the apple-tree table being supernatural?
4. What is unusual about the strange ship's figurehead?
5. Why is the strange ship low on provisions?
This section contains 283 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)