|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 17 - 21.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is the strange ship low on provisions?
(a) They have been under supplied.
(b) They have been becalmed.
(c) They have taken on additional passengers.
(d) They have been lost.
2. What surprises Captain Delano when he first sees Benito Cereno's ship?
(a) The ship doesn't fly the flag of any nation.
(b) The ship is giving a distress signal.
(c) The ship is in ill repair.
(d) The ship is bound for an uninhabited island.
3. What sentence was chalked below the figurehead?
(a) "Never follow."
(b) "Follow your faith."
(c) "Follow orders."
(d) "Follow your leader."
4. Why does the captain fear to shoot Steelkilt for his insubordination?
(a) It would lead to a admiralty investigation.
(b) It would spark a mutiny.
(c) It would be unfair.
(d) It would justify Radney's dishonorable actions.
5. How does the narrator get into the London theater presentation?
(a) He sneaks in a side door.
(b) A stranger gives him a ticket.
(c) He finds a ticket on the sidewalk.
(d) He pawns his overcoat to buy a ticket.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is the narrator not pleased with Bartleby's industriousness?
2. Why does Coulter come home for lunch?
3. Whose cause does the Marquis de Grandvin champion?
4. What first alarms the narrator about the apple-tree table?
5. What first attracts the narrator of "The Piazza" to a building far in the mountains?
This section contains 282 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)