|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 17 - 21.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On what holiday does John Gentian converse with passers-by?
(b) The Fourth of July.
2. What does the arrangement of the office allow Bartleby to do with the narrator?
(a) Both see and hear him.
(b) See him but not hear him.
(c) Neither see him nor hear him.
(d) Hear him but not see him.
3. How does Merrymusk convince the narrator that he is a rich man?
(a) He has a rooster worth five hundred dollars.
(b) He has a large tract of land.
(c) He has a large family.
(d) He has a barn full of hay.
4. What makes Moby Dick an unusual whale?
(a) He is intelligent and communicates with people.
(b) He is unusually small, white, and intelligent.
(c) He is unusually large, white, and vengeful.
(d) He has supernatural powers.
5. What caused the loss of Jimmy Rose's fortune?
(a) The stock market crash.
(b) His overly generous dealings.
(d) Duplicitous dealings.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Coulter come home for lunch?
2. How is the narrator punished for sneaking into the church?
3. What caused the bell-ringing automaton to kill Bannadonna?
4. What does the narrator in "The Fiddler" do with his manuscripts?
5. Why is the narrator not pleased with Bartleby's industriousness?
This section contains 272 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)