|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 17 - 21.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Poor Man's Pudding?
(a) Milk, eggs, and sugar.
(b) Flour, sugar, cinnamon, and milk.
(c) Water, salt, and flour.
(d) Rice, milk, and salt.
2. How does Melville describe Captain Delano's personality?
(a) Pessimistic and unhappy.
(b) Trusting and benevolent.
(c) Autocratic and dictatorial.
(d) Mistrustful and suspicious.
3. Who are Pedro and Sebastian in The Town-Ho's Story?
(a) Sailors on the Pequod.
(b) Sailors on the Town-Ho.
(c) Friends of the narrator.
4. Why was Bannadonna excused for the homicide he committed?
(a) It was accidental.
(b) It was done in self-defense.
(c) It was justifiable.
(d) It was caused by esthetic passion.
5. To what did Captain Delano attribute the ship's being so long becalmed?
(a) Poor seamanship.
(b) Bad luck.
(d) Unusual weather.
Short Answer Questions
1. What loss of John Gentian's is noticed most on May thirtieth?
2. What country possessed the Encantadas at the time Melville wrote?
3. Why is Captain Delano glad he was not astute enough to recognize the mutiny?
4. How was John Marr wounded?
5. What animal from the islands supplies sailors with food and utensils?
This section contains 227 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)