|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 17 - 21.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Steelkilt's three remaining conspirators decide to do to save themselves?
(a) Kill Steelkilt.
(b) Support Steelkilt's mutiny.
(c) Sneak back to their posts.
(d) Bind Steelkilt and give him to the captain.
2. What does the narrator in "The Fiddler" do with his manuscripts?
(a) Pays to have them printed.
(b) Sends them to publishers.
(c) Reads them to strangers.
(d) Tears them up.
3. What surprises the narrator of "Cock-a-Doodle-Doo?" about the owner of the rooster?
(a) He has many such roosters.
(b) He is old.
(c) He is poor.
(d) He has a large family.
4. What does the narrator of "Cock-a-Doodle-Doo?" believe the rooster's crow is saying?
(b) Glory be to God in the highest!
5. What caused the bell-ringing automaton to kill Bannadonna?
(a) An unrepaired defect.
(b) A manufacturing error.
(d) A design flaw.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the narrator accommodate the weakness of his oldest scrivener?
2. What prevents Steelkilt from taking revenge on Radney?
3. Why does the captain decide not to flog Steelkilt?
4. Whose cause does the Marquis de Grandvin champion?
5. What does the narrator's middle-aged employee offer to do for Bartleby?
This section contains 269 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)