|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 17 - 21.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Steelkilt threaten to do if he is flogged by the captain?
(a) Seek an unnamed revenge.
(b) Tell the admiralty board of review.
(c) Murder the captain.
(d) Jump overboard.
2. How much does the uncle in "The Happy Failure" think his invention is worth?
(a) More than gold.
(b) More than silver.
(c) More than his house.
(d) More than a life's work.
3. Who is Atufal?
(a) Babo's best friend.
(b) A complaining woman among the slaves.
(c) A chained slave.
(d) A leader of the slaves.
4. How does Captain Delano evaluate Babo when he first meets him?
(a) Captain Delano evaluates Babo as woefully ignorant.
(b) Captain Delano evalutes Babo as vaguely threatening.
(c) Captain Delano evalutes Babo as a devoted companion.
(d) Captain Delano evaluates Babo as uncomfortably familiar.
5. What habit of the bachelors in the Temple does the narrator wish to introduce in his own country?
(a) Mulled wine.
Short Answer Questions
1. With what alliteration does Melville describe the islands?
2. How does the narrator of "Cock-a-Doodle-Doo?" view the world?
3. Why is it hard to see the mill when coming upon it?
4. What does the narrator's wife think of his apprehension about the apple-tree table?
5. Who lives in the cottage that the narrator of "The Piazza" finds in the mountains?
This section contains 305 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)