|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 17 - 21.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the American ship, the Essex, see in the Encantadas?
(a) An enchanted ship.
(b) An English ship.
(c) A pirate ship.
(d) A ghost ship.
2. How does Merrymusk convince the narrator that he is a rich man?
(a) He has a barn full of hay.
(b) He has a large family.
(c) He has a large tract of land.
(d) He has a rooster worth five hundred dollars.
3. Why does Coulter come home for lunch?
(a) To enjoy a hot meal.
(b) To get exercise from the walk.
(c) To please his wife.
(d) To rest a little while.
4. What does Blandmour believe God does for the poor?
(a) God gives the poor very little help.
(b) God gives the poor everything they need for free.
(c) God charges the rich to care for the poor.
(d) God gives the poor the challenges they need.
5. Why does the captain fear to shoot Steelkilt for his insubordination?
(a) It would be unfair.
(b) It would spark a mutiny.
(c) It would lead to a admiralty investigation.
(d) It would justify Radney's dishonorable actions.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the narrator of "Cock-a-Doodle-Doo?" view the world?
2. What did Jimmy Rose have to offer the rich after he lost his fortune?
3. What does the narrator in "The Fiddler" do with his manuscripts?
4. Why does the narrator of "I and My Chimney" identify with his chimney?
5. What is the narrator's condition when he goes to the theater in London?
This section contains 319 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)