|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 17 - 21.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the narrator's condition when he goes to the theater in London?
(a) He is well-fed and relaxed.
(b) He is comfortable and among friends.
(c) He is bored and overfed.
(d) He is broke and alone.
2. What sentence was chalked below the figurehead?
(a) "Never follow."
(b) "Follow your faith."
(c) "Follow your leader."
(d) "Follow orders."
3. Why had Jimmy Rose often been chosen to present awards?
(a) He was handsome.
(b) He spoke well.
(c) He was a generous donor.
(d) He was famous.
4. What object does the lookout spot that takes Melville's ship to Norfolk Isle?
(a) A burning fire.
(b) A white bird.
(c) An American flag.
(d) A handkerchief.
5. How does Melville describe Captain Delano's personality?
(a) Trusting and benevolent.
(b) Pessimistic and unhappy.
(c) Autocratic and dictatorial.
(d) Mistrustful and suspicious.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the narrator of "I and My Chimney" decide never to leave home?
2. What did the American ship, the Essex, see in the Encantadas?
3. Where does the narrator in The Town-Ho's story tell his tale?
4. How does the lightning rod salesman feel about thunderstorms?
5. What is Poor Man's Pudding?
This section contains 257 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)