|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3 and 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does a scrivener do?
(a) Organizes court records.
(b) Records testimony in court.
(c) Makes copies of legal documents.
(d) Researches legal precedents.
2. Where do both the captain and Steelkilt go after they separate?
3. What did the American ship, the Essex, see in the Encantadas?
(a) An enchanted ship.
(b) An English ship.
(c) A ghost ship.
(d) A pirate ship.
4. How does Steelkilt respond to Radney's request that he sweep the deck?
(a) He quietly refuses.
(b) He meekly obeys.
(c) He complains loudly.
(d) He loudly refuses.
5. What does Bartleby's demeanor show about his eccentricities?
(a) They are voluntary.
(b) They are involuntary.
(c) They are important.
(d) They are unimportant.
Short Answer Questions
1. What food does Bartleby appear to eat exclusively?
2. What surprises the narrator of "Cock-a-Doodle-Doo?" about the owner of the rooster?
3. What does the crew decide not to do after Steelkilt is flogged?
4. What animal from the islands supplies sailors with food and utensils?
5. What do the other employees think of Bartleby's refusals?
This section contains 222 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)