|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3 and 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What surprises the narrator when he goes to his office on a Sunday?
(a) Bartleby has been living there.
(b) Bartleby has stolen his things.
(c) Bartleby has invited friends to the office.
(d) Bartleby has been working on the weekend.
2. What part of the United States does the narrator of the Town-Ho's story claim is much like the sea?
(a) The Erie Canal.
(b) Lake Tahoe.
(c) The Mississippi.
(d) The Great Lakes region.
3. How does the narrator accommodate the weakness of his oldest scrivener?
(a) By giving him unimportant papers in the morning.
(b) By hiring an assistant for him.
(c) By giving him unimportant papers in the afternoon.
(d) By allowing him to work only half a day.
4. What office does the narrator of Bartleby hold that no longer exists?
(a) County Coroner.
(c) Justice of the Peace.
(d) Master of Chancery.
5. Who are Pedro and Sebastian in The Town-Ho's Story?
(b) Sailors on the Town-Ho.
(c) Friends of the narrator.
(d) Sailors on the Pequod.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Bartleby respond to the other employees?
2. What nicknames does the narrator of Bartleby give his employees?
3. Who takes possession as the sole ruler of St. Charles Isle?
4. What quality of Bartleby's induces the narrator to hire him?
5. What benefit does the narrator get from his indulgence of Bartleby's eccentricities?
This section contains 272 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)