|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3 and 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to the rooster when the Merrymusk family dies?
(a) The rooster goes home with the narrator.
(b) The rooster crows on the graves.
(c) The rooster dies too.
(d) The rooster is sold for five hundred dollars.
2. What makes Moby Dick an unusual whale?
(a) He is unusually small, white, and intelligent.
(b) He has supernatural powers.
(c) He is unusually large, white, and vengeful.
(d) He is intelligent and communicates with people.
3. What is the profession of the narrator of Bartleby?
(c) Tax accountant.
4. Why does the captain fear to shoot Steelkilt for his insubordination?
(a) It would justify Radney's dishonorable actions.
(b) It would lead to a admiralty investigation.
(c) It would be unfair.
(d) It would spark a mutiny.
5. Why doesn't the narrator dismiss Bartleby for insubordination?
(a) Bartleby promises to improve.
(b) Bartleby is obviously emotionally upset.
(c) Bartleby is distressed.
(d) Bartleby is calm, showing no emotion.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the narrator of "Cock-a-Doodle-Doo?" treat his creditor after hearing the crow?
2. Why does the narrator of "Cock-a-Doodle-Doo?" believe he should not be sued?
3. How does Steelkilt respond to Radney's request that he sweep the deck?
4. What office does the narrator of Bartleby hold that no longer exists?
5. What does the crew decide not to do after Steelkilt is flogged?
This section contains 275 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)