|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3 and 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What nicknames does the narrator of Bartleby give his employees?
(a) Turkey, Nippers, and Ginger Nut.
(b) Grandpa, Grumpy, and The Kid.
(c) Chicken, Rooster, and Cluck.
(d) Chompers, Grumpy, and Short Stuff.
2. What does the crew decide to do after Steelkilt is flogged?
(a) Desert together.
(b) Obey the captain.
(c) Start a mutiny.
(d) Murder Radney.
3. What does the narrator of "Cock-a-Doodle-Doo?" believe the rooster's crow is saying?
(c) Glory be to God in the highest!
4. Why does the captain fear to shoot Steelkilt for his insubordination?
(a) It would spark a mutiny.
(b) It would lead to a admiralty investigation.
(c) It would be unfair.
(d) It would justify Radney's dishonorable actions.
5. What does Melville call the government the Creole soldier established on St. Charles?
(a) A riotocracy.
(b) A democracy.
(c) A monarchy.
(d) A theocracy.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the crew members do as soon as the Town-Ho reaches port?
2. Why does the Town-Ho's captain have to put the ship into port?
3. What does the crew decide not to do after Steelkilt is flogged?
4. What is the main task of the narrator's youngest employee in Bartleby?
5. Where does the narrator in The Town-Ho's story tell his tale?
This section contains 268 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)