|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3 and 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the first thing Bartleby says he would prefer not to do?
(a) Go for coffee.
(b) Originate a copy.
(c) Copy a comparison of an original.
(d) Compare a copy with its original.
2. What does Bartleby's demeanor show about his eccentricities?
(a) They are important.
(b) They are involuntary.
(c) They are unimportant.
(d) They are voluntary.
3. What does the crew decide not to do after Steelkilt is flogged?
(a) Obey the captain.
(b) Start a mutiny.
(c) Call out when whales were sighted.
(d) Desert together.
4. What does a scrivener do?
(a) Researches legal precedents.
(b) Organizes court records.
(c) Makes copies of legal documents.
(d) Records testimony in court.
5. What does the crew decide to do after Steelkilt is flogged?
(a) Desert together.
(b) Obey the captain.
(c) Murder Radney.
(d) Start a mutiny.
Short Answer Questions
1. What emotion does the narrator of "Cock-a-Doodle-Doo?" say he has never felt since the rooster died?
2. What do Steelkilt and his men demand in return for obeying orders?
3. What action does Steelkilt determine to take after being locked in the hold?
4. What did the American ship, the Essex, see in the Encantadas?
5. Who is the worst enemy of the narrator of "Cock-a-Doodle-Doo?"
This section contains 252 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)