|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3 and 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the narrator of "Cock-a-Doodle-Doo?" believe the rooster's crow is saying?
(a) Glory be to God in the highest!
2. Where does the narrator in The Town-Ho's story tell his tale?
(a) Lima, Peru.
(b) On the deck of the Town-Ho.
(c) On the deck of the Pequod.
(d) The Cape of Good Hope.
3. What makes Moby Dick an unusual whale?
(a) He is unusually small, white, and intelligent.
(b) He is intelligent and communicates with people.
(c) He is unusually large, white, and vengeful.
(d) He has supernatural powers.
4. What good qualities does Bartleby have as an employee?
(a) He is enthusiastic and energetic.
(b) He is eager to help.
(c) He is amiable and friendly.
(d) He is hard-working and honest.
5. Where do both the captain and Steelkilt go after they separate?
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Steelkilt and his men demand in return for obeying orders?
2. How does Steelkilt respond to Radney's request that he sweep the deck?
3. What does the crew decide to do after Steelkilt is flogged?
4. What age is the narrator of Bartleby?
5. What did buccaneers leave on the islands that Melville claims is proof of their better traits?
This section contains 252 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)