|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3 and 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do both the captain and Steelkilt go after they separate?
2. What is the profession of the narrator of Bartleby?
(a) Tax accountant.
3. What office does the narrator of Bartleby hold that no longer exists?
(a) Master of Chancery.
(b) Justice of the Peace.
(c) County Coroner.
4. What do the crew members do as soon as the Town-Ho reaches port?
(a) They give up life on the sea.
(b) They murder the captain.
(c) They call for help.
(d) They desert the ship.
5. What part of the United States does the narrator of the Town-Ho's story claim is much like the sea?
(a) The Mississippi.
(b) The Great Lakes region.
(c) The Erie Canal.
(d) Lake Tahoe.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the first thing Bartleby says he would prefer not to do?
2. What makes Moby Dick an unusual whale?
3. With what alliteration does Melville describe the islands?
4. What did buccaneers leave on the islands that Melville claims is proof of their better traits?
5. What age is the narrator of Bartleby?
This section contains 242 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)