|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 8 - 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the failure of his invention do for the uncle in "The Happy Failure?"
(a) Made him furious.
(b) Made him more determined.
(c) Made him a good man.
(d) Made him disappointed.
2. What prevents Steelkilt from taking revenge on Radney?
(a) Steelkilt has a change of heart.
(b) Moby Dick kills Radney.
(c) The captain orders Radney executed.
(d) Radney apologizes.
3. What part of the United States does the narrator of the Town-Ho's story claim is much like the sea?
(a) The Great Lakes region.
(b) Lake Tahoe.
(c) The Erie Canal.
(d) The Mississippi.
4. What surprises the narrator of "Cock-a-Doodle-Doo?" about the owner of the rooster?
(a) He has a large family.
(b) He is old.
(c) He is poor.
(d) He has many such roosters.
5. What does the narrator in "The Fiddler" aspire to become?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the crew decide to do after Steelkilt is flogged?
2. Why doesn't the narrator dismiss Bartleby for insubordination?
3. Why does the lightning rod salesman claim that his rods are superior?
4. Why does the captain decide not to flog Steelkilt?
5. Why is it hard to see the mill when coming upon it?
This section contains 280 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)