|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 8 - 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the lightning rod salesman feel about thunderstorms?
(a) He is relaxed and unafraid.
(b) He is terrified.
(c) He is confident.
(d) He is assured of his own safety.
2. Why does Coulter come home for lunch?
(a) To rest a little while.
(b) To please his wife.
(c) To enjoy a hot meal.
(d) To get exercise from the walk.
3. What is the narrator's condition when he goes to the theater in London?
(a) He is well-fed and relaxed.
(b) He is comfortable and among friends.
(c) He is broke and alone.
(d) He is bored and overfed.
4. What does the narrator of "Cock-a-Doodle-Doo?" believe the rooster's crow is saying?
(a) Glory be to God in the highest!
5. How do the bachelors in the Temple keep time?
(a) By their reminiscences.
(b) By the jokes they told.
(c) By the courses of the meal.
(d) By the wine they drank.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the lightning rod salesman claim that his rods are superior?
2. What does a scrivener do?
3. What does the narrator in "The Paradise of Bachelors" say has become of the Knights Templar?
4. What do Steelkilt and his men demand in return for obeying orders?
5. What famous person expressed a good opinion of the narrator of Bartleby?
This section contains 271 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)