|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 8 - 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Blandmour believe God does for the poor?
(a) God gives the poor everything they need for free.
(b) God gives the poor the challenges they need.
(c) God charges the rich to care for the poor.
(d) God gives the poor very little help.
2. How do the bachelors in the Temple keep time?
(a) By the courses of the meal.
(b) By their reminiscences.
(c) By the jokes they told.
(d) By the wine they drank.
3. How long has the uncle in "The Happy Failure" worked on his invention?
(a) Three months.
(b) Ten years.
(c) All month.
(d) All year.
4. Why does the narrator of "Cock-a-Doodle-Doo?" believe he should not be sued?
(a) His interest payments are exorbitant.
(b) His debt was unfairly imposed.
(c) His creditor is a grumpy person.
(d) He is a hospitable, generous man.
5. How does the lightning rod salesman feel about thunderstorms?
(a) He is relaxed and unafraid.
(b) He is assured of his own safety.
(c) He is confident.
(d) He is terrified.
Short Answer Questions
1. With what weapon does Radney threaten Steelkilt?
2. What had Hautboy lost in order to succeed?
3. Who takes possession as the sole ruler of St. Charles Isle?
4. What does Melville say is the most populous species on the island of Albermarle?
5. What does the narrator in "The Fiddler" aspire to become?
This section contains 234 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)