|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 8 - 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the narrator in "The Lightning Rod Man" feel about the storm before the salesman arrives?
(a) He thinks the storm is "radiant" and "beautiful."
(b) He thinks the storm is "grand" and "glorious."
(c) He thinks the storm "thought-provoking."
(d) He thinks the storm is "terrifying."
2. What is unusual about the pork at the Coulters' dinner table?
(a) It is only fat and gristle.
(b) It is last year's.
(c) It is only hides.
(d) It is not really pork.
3. Why does the narrator of "Cock-a-Doodle-Doo?" call the rooster Signor Beneventano?
(a) The rooster reminds him of a character in a play.
(b) The rooster reminds him of a song.
(c) The rooster reminds him of a character in a book.
(d) The rooster reminds him of his neighbor.
4. What habit of the bachelors in the Temple does the narrator wish to introduce in his own country?
(d) Mulled wine.
5. How does the narrator of "The Two Temples" attend the meeting at the church?
(a) He bribes the man who guards the door.
(b) He disguises himself as the bell ringer.
(c) He hides in the bell tower.
(d) He sneaks into the foyer.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Bartleby's demeanor show about his eccentricities?
2. How does the narrator of "Cock-a-Doodle-Doo?" treat his creditor after hearing the crow?
3. Why doesn't the narrator dismiss Bartleby for insubordination?
4. What is the temperature at the mill?
5. Why does Coulter come home for lunch?
This section contains 296 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)