|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 8 - 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Radney dislike Steelkilt?
(a) Steelkilt is rude.
(b) Steelkilt is unfriendly.
(c) Steelkilt is insubordinate.
(d) Steelkilt is handsome.
2. What makes Moby Dick an unusual whale?
(a) He is intelligent and communicates with people.
(b) He is unusually small, white, and intelligent.
(c) He is unusually large, white, and vengeful.
(d) He has supernatural powers.
3. What did the failure of his invention do for the uncle in "The Happy Failure?"
(a) Made him disappointed.
(b) Made him furious.
(c) Made him a good man.
(d) Made him more determined.
4. How much does the uncle in "The Happy Failure" think his invention is worth?
(a) More than gold.
(b) More than silver.
(c) More than his house.
(d) More than a life's work.
5. What animal does Melville claim is not at home at sea, on land, or in the air?
(a) The walrus.
(b) The cormorant.
(c) The penguin.
(d) The bat.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the arrangement of the office allow Bartleby to do with the narrator?
2. What does the narrator's middle-aged employee offer to do for Bartleby?
3. How does the narrator get into the London theater presentation?
4. What is the attitude of the bachelors in the Temple toward pain and trouble?
5. What nicknames does the narrator of Bartleby give his employees?
This section contains 296 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)