|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 8 - 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the main task of the narrator's youngest employee in Bartleby?
(c) Legal research.
(d) Errand boy.
2. What is the profession of the narrator of Bartleby?
(c) Tax accountant.
3. How does the narrator of "The Two Temples" attend the meeting at the church?
(a) He disguises himself as the bell ringer.
(b) He hides in the bell tower.
(c) He sneaks into the foyer.
(d) He bribes the man who guards the door.
4. What do Steelkilt's three remaining conspirators decide to do to save themselves?
(a) Sneak back to their posts.
(b) Kill Steelkilt.
(c) Support Steelkilt's mutiny.
(d) Bind Steelkilt and give him to the captain.
5. What do the crew members do as soon as the Town-Ho reaches port?
(a) They murder the captain.
(b) They call for help.
(c) They desert the ship.
(d) They give up life on the sea.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Merrymusk convince the narrator that he is a rich man?
2. What does Bartleby's demeanor show about his eccentricities?
3. What office does the narrator of Bartleby hold that no longer exists?
4. What was the message of the church meeting the narrator observed?
5. How does the narrator of "Cock-a-Doodle-Doo?" view locomotives and steamships?
This section contains 280 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)