|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 8 - 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who takes possession as the sole ruler of St. Charles Isle?
(a) A Creole soldier.
(b) A Peruvian king.
(c) A Chilean adventurer.
(d) A Bolivian pirate.
2. What did a strange boy give the narrator in the theater?
(a) A cup of ale.
(b) An unexpected smile.
(c) A cake of barley.
(d) A cup of coffee.
3. Who is the worst enemy of the narrator of "Cock-a-Doodle-Doo?"
(a) His creditor.
(b) His neighbor.
(c) His wife.
(d) His banker.
4. What is the temperature at the mill?
(c) Oppressively hot.
5. How does Bartleby respond to the other employees?
(a) He resents them.
(b) He emulates them.
(c) He thanks them.
(d) He ignores them.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Blandmour believe God does for the poor?
2. How does Merrymusk convince the narrator that he is a rich man?
3. What does Melville say is the most populous species on the island of Albermarle?
4. What is the profession of the narrator of Bartleby?
5. What does Melville believe the charities of London do for the poor?
This section contains 252 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)