|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 8 - 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose job is it to normally sweep the deck of a ship?
(a) The boys on board.
(b) The men on watch.
(c) All members of the work gangs.
(d) The lowest seaman.
2. What does the narrator of "Cock-a-Doodle-Doo?" believe the rooster's crow is saying?
(d) Glory be to God in the highest!
3. What benefit does the narrator get from his indulgence of Bartleby's eccentricities?
(a) The approval of his employees.
(b) Bartleby's friendship.
(c) The approval of his peers.
4. What does the narrator say a man does when confronted with an unreasonable situation?
(a) Digs in his heels.
(b) Acquiesces out of courtesy.
(c) Questions his own mind.
(d) Doubts the other person.
5. How does the narrator of "The Two Temples" attend the meeting at the church?
(a) He sneaks into the foyer.
(b) He bribes the man who guards the door.
(c) He hides in the bell tower.
(d) He disguises himself as the bell ringer.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is the narrator of "The Two Temples" not allowed to enter the church?
2. What action does Steelkilt determine to take after being locked in the hold?
3. What nicknames does the narrator of Bartleby give his employees?
4. What happens to the rooster when the Merrymusk family dies?
5. What has the uncle in "The Happy Failure" invented?
This section contains 308 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)