|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 8 - 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the worst enemy of the narrator of "Cock-a-Doodle-Doo?"
(a) His wife.
(b) His neighbor.
(c) His banker.
(d) His creditor.
2. Who are Pedro and Sebastian in The Town-Ho's Story?
(a) Sailors on the Pequod.
(b) Friends of the narrator.
(c) Sailors on the Town-Ho.
3. What does the crew decide not to do after Steelkilt is flogged?
(a) Desert together.
(b) Start a mutiny.
(c) Obey the captain.
(d) Call out when whales were sighted.
4. What is the narrator's condition when he goes to the theater in London?
(a) He is bored and overfed.
(b) He is comfortable and among friends.
(c) He is broke and alone.
(d) He is well-fed and relaxed.
5. What caused the bell-ringing automaton to kill Bannadonna?
(a) A manufacturing error.
(b) A design flaw.
(c) An unrepaired defect.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Steelkilt and his men demand in return for obeying orders?
2. What do the other employees think of Bartleby's refusals?
3. What part of the United States does the narrator of the Town-Ho's story claim is much like the sea?
4. What does the crew decide to do after Steelkilt is flogged?
5. What country possessed the Encantadas at the time Melville wrote?
This section contains 251 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)