|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 8 - 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Steelkilt's three remaining conspirators decide to do to save themselves?
(a) Support Steelkilt's mutiny.
(b) Sneak back to their posts.
(c) Kill Steelkilt.
(d) Bind Steelkilt and give him to the captain.
2. Why is the narrator not pleased with Bartleby's industriousness?
(a) Bartleby is relentlessly cheerful.
(b) Bartleby is frighteningly mechanical.
(c) Bartleby is only occasionally industrious.
(d) Bartleby is not cheerful.
3. Why is the narrator of "The Two Temples" not allowed to enter the church?
(a) He looks poor and doesn't have a bribe.
(b) He looks like a heathen.
(c) He is causing a disturbance.
(d) He doesn't appear to be a Christian.
4. What does the arrangement of the office allow Bartleby to do with the narrator?
(a) Both see and hear him.
(b) See him but not hear him.
(c) Neither see him nor hear him.
(d) Hear him but not see him.
5. How much does the uncle in "The Happy Failure" think his invention is worth?
(a) More than a life's work.
(b) More than silver.
(c) More than gold.
(d) More than his house.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to the rooster when the Merrymusk family dies?
2. Who takes possession as the sole ruler of St. Charles Isle?
3. What habit of the bachelors in the Temple does the narrator wish to introduce in his own country?
4. How long has the uncle in "The Happy Failure" worked on his invention?
5. Who are Pedro and Sebastian in The Town-Ho's Story?
This section contains 285 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)