|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 8 - 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is the narrator of "The Two Temples" not allowed to enter the church?
(a) He doesn't appear to be a Christian.
(b) He looks like a heathen.
(c) He looks poor and doesn't have a bribe.
(d) He is causing a disturbance.
2. What does the narrator in "The Fiddler" aspire to become?
3. What do Steelkilt's three remaining conspirators decide to do to save themselves?
(a) Support Steelkilt's mutiny.
(b) Sneak back to their posts.
(c) Bind Steelkilt and give him to the captain.
(d) Kill Steelkilt.
4. What does a scrivener do?
(a) Makes copies of legal documents.
(b) Researches legal precedents.
(c) Records testimony in court.
(d) Organizes court records.
5. What are the two failings the narrator sees in his middle-aged scrivener?
(a) Dishonesty and ambition.
(b) Ambition and indigestion.
(c) Indigestion and messiness.
(d) A bad temper and gambling.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the main task of the narrator's youngest employee in Bartleby?
2. What impresses the narrator about the mill?
3. How does Melville describe pelicans?
4. What is the profession of the narrator of Bartleby?
5. What does the crew decide to do after Steelkilt is flogged?
This section contains 225 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)