|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 13 - 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What first alarms the narrator about the apple-tree table?
(a) A steady drip.
(b) A mysterious odor.
(c) A sense of pervading evil.
(d) A ticking sound.
2. What does the narrator's wife think of his apprehension about the apple-tree table?
(a) She thinks he is making it up.
(b) She thinks he is trying to frighten her.
(c) She thinks he is drunk.
(d) She thinks he is crazy.
3. How does Merrymusk convince the narrator that he is a rich man?
(a) He has a rooster worth five hundred dollars.
(b) He has a large tract of land.
(c) He has a large family.
(d) He has a barn full of hay.
4. What mythical character does the narrator say would have failed at his task if the chimney had then been in existence?
5. Who wrote the book lying on the apple-tree table?
(a) Cotton Mather.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the narrator in "The Lightning Rod Man" feel about the storm before the salesman arrives?
2. What is the attitude of the bachelors in the Temple toward pain and trouble?
3. What caused the bell-ringing automaton to kill Bannadonna?
4. What animal from the islands supplies sailors with food and utensils?
5. Why does the lightning rod salesman claim that his rods are superior?
This section contains 284 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)