|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 13 - 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What animal from the islands supplies sailors with food and utensils?
(a) The albatross.
(b) The seal.
(c) The tortoise.
(d) The iguana.
2. What sort of feet did the apple-tree table have?
(a) Hooves like Satan.
(b) Marble balls.
(c) Brass fittings.
(d) Carved mahogany.
3. How does the narrator of "Cock-a-Doodle-Doo?" treat his creditor after hearing the crow?
(a) He throws him out.
(b) He apologizes.
(c) He pays him promptly.
(d) He offers to double his payment.
4. What does the narrator's wife think of his apprehension about the apple-tree table?
(a) She thinks he is drunk.
(b) She thinks he is crazy.
(c) She thinks he is trying to frighten her.
(d) She thinks he is making it up.
5. What mythical character does the narrator say would have failed at his task if the chimney had then been in existence?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the narrator of "Jimmy Rose" refuse to change the wallpaper in his parlor?
2. Why was Bannadonna excused for the homicide he committed?
3. In "I and My Chimney," what is the narrator's wife's maxim?
4. Why had Jimmy Rose often been chosen to present awards?
5. Why had Jimmy Rose never married?
This section contains 270 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)