|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 13 - 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What habit of the bachelors in the Temple does the narrator wish to introduce in his own country?
(c) Mulled wine.
2. What happens to the rooster when the Merrymusk family dies?
(a) The rooster crows on the graves.
(b) The rooster is sold for five hundred dollars.
(c) The rooster dies too.
(d) The rooster goes home with the narrator.
3. What did Jimmy Rose have to offer the rich after he lost his fortune?
4. How do the bachelors in the Temple keep time?
(a) By the courses of the meal.
(b) By the jokes they told.
(c) By the wine they drank.
(d) By their reminiscences.
5. Why does the narrator of "Cock-a-Doodle-Doo?" believe he should not be sued?
(a) His debt was unfairly imposed.
(b) His interest payments are exorbitant.
(c) He is a hospitable, generous man.
(d) His creditor is a grumpy person.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the lightning rod salesman feel about thunderstorms?
2. What animal from the islands supplies sailors with food and utensils?
3. Why is it hard to see the mill when coming upon it?
4. How does Merrymusk convince the narrator that he is a rich man?
5. Who is the worst enemy of the narrator of "Cock-a-Doodle-Doo?"
This section contains 280 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)