|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 13 - 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What contributes to the narrator's thoughts about the apple-tree table being supernatural?
(a) The table is unusually beautiful.
(b) The table is old.
(c) The table is inscribed with signs and symbols.
(d) The table is Satanic-looking.
2. In "I and My Chimney," what is the narrator's wife's maxim?
(a) Whatever is not, is not.
(c) Whatever is, is wrong and must be altered.
(d) Whatever is, is right.
3. What animal from the islands supplies sailors with food and utensils?
(a) The albatross.
(b) The iguana.
(c) The seal.
(d) The tortoise.
4. What did Jimmy Rose have to offer the rich after he lost his fortune?
5. What caused the bell-ringing automaton to kill Bannadonna?
(a) An unrepaired defect.
(b) A design flaw.
(c) A manufacturing error.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the narrator of "Jimmy Rose" refuse to change the wallpaper in his parlor?
2. Why had Jimmy Rose often been chosen to present awards?
3. How does the narrator of "The Apple-Tree Table" feel as his wife and daughters become more frightened?
4. Why is it hard to see the mill when coming upon it?
5. Who takes possession as the sole ruler of St. Charles Isle?
This section contains 275 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)