|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 13 - 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Melville say is the most populous species on the island of Albermarle?
2. What did Jimmy Rose have to offer the rich after he lost his fortune?
3. How does the lightning rod salesman feel about thunderstorms?
(a) He is assured of his own safety.
(b) He is terrified.
(c) He is relaxed and unafraid.
(d) He is confident.
4. Who is the worst enemy of the narrator of "Cock-a-Doodle-Doo?"
(a) His wife.
(b) His neighbor.
(c) His banker.
(d) His creditor.
5. What has Hautboy accomplished in "The Fiddler?"
(a) Hautboy has learned to be happy.
(b) Hautboy has become famous.
(c) Hautboy has become rich.
(d) Hautboy has developed great technical proficiency.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the narrator of "Cock-a-Doodle-Doo?" treat his creditor after hearing the crow?
2. What did the American ship, the Essex, see in the Encantadas?
3. Who wrote the book lying on the apple-tree table?
4. What sort of feet did the apple-tree table have?
5. Why does the narrator of "Jimmy Rose" refuse to change the wallpaper in his parlor?
This section contains 232 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)