|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 13 - 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What caused the loss of Jimmy Rose's fortune?
(a) His overly generous dealings.
(b) The stock market crash.
(c) Duplicitous dealings.
2. Who finally persuaded the narrator of "I and My Chimney" to knock a few feet off the chimney?
(a) His daughters.
(b) His wife.
(c) His mortgage holder
(d) His neighbor.
3. Who is the worst enemy of the narrator of "Cock-a-Doodle-Doo?"
(a) His creditor.
(b) His wife.
(c) His neighbor.
(d) His banker.
4. Why does the narrator of "Cock-a-Doodle-Doo?" believe he should not be sued?
(a) His creditor is a grumpy person.
(b) He is a hospitable, generous man.
(c) His debt was unfairly imposed.
(d) His interest payments are exorbitant.
5. Why does the narrator of "Jimmy Rose" refuse to change the wallpaper in his parlor?
(a) It reminds him of Jimmy Rose.
(b) It reminds him or a rose garden.
(c) It reminds him of better days.
(d) It reminds him of his childhood.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Melville describe pelicans?
2. How does the narrator in "The Lightning Rod Man" feel about the storm before the salesman arrives?
3. What mythical character does the narrator say would have failed at his task if the chimney had then been in existence?
4. Why had Jimmy Rose often been chosen to present awards?
5. Where do "'Gees" come from?
This section contains 257 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)