|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 13 - 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the narrator in "The Fiddler" aspire to become?
2. How does the narrator of "Cock-a-Doodle-Doo?" treat his creditor after hearing the crow?
(a) He offers to double his payment.
(b) He throws him out.
(c) He apologizes.
(d) He pays him promptly.
3. What does Melville say is the most populous species on the island of Albermarle?
4. What does the narrator in "The Paradise of Bachelors" say has become of the Knights Templar?
(a) They've become warriors.
(b) They've become schoolteachers.
(c) They've become lawyers.
(d) They've become doctors.
5. What does the narrator's wife think of his apprehension about the apple-tree table?
(a) She thinks he is trying to frighten her.
(b) She thinks he is crazy.
(c) She thinks he is drunk.
(d) She thinks he is making it up.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the lightning rod salesman feel about thunderstorms?
2. What object does the lookout spot that takes Melville's ship to Norfolk Isle?
3. What did the American ship, the Essex, see in the Encantadas?
4. What does the narrator of "Cock-a-Doodle-Doo?" believe the rooster's crow is saying?
5. What first alarms the narrator about the apple-tree table?
This section contains 246 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)