|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 13 - 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why was Bannadonna excused for the homicide he committed?
(a) It was accidental.
(b) It was done in self-defense.
(c) It was justifiable.
(d) It was caused by esthetic passion.
2. What did Jimmy Rose have to offer the rich after he lost his fortune?
3. What does the narrator in "The Paradise of Bachelors" say has become of the Knights Templar?
(a) They've become doctors.
(b) They've become schoolteachers.
(c) They've become lawyers.
(d) They've become warriors.
4. What has Hautboy accomplished in "The Fiddler?"
(a) Hautboy has learned to be happy.
(b) Hautboy has become famous.
(c) Hautboy has become rich.
(d) Hautboy has developed great technical proficiency.
5. What country possessed the Encantadas at the time Melville wrote?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do "'Gees" come from?
2. How does the narrator of "Cock-a-Doodle-Doo?" treat his creditor after hearing the crow?
3. How does the narrator of "Cock-a-Doodle-Doo?" view locomotives and steamships?
4. Why had Jimmy Rose never married?
5. Who wrote the book lying on the apple-tree table?
This section contains 216 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)