|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 13 - 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What sort of feet did the apple-tree table have?
(a) Hooves like Satan.
(b) Carved mahogany.
(c) Brass fittings.
(d) Marble balls.
2. What country possessed the Encantadas at the time Melville wrote?
3. How does the lightning rod salesman feel about thunderstorms?
(a) He is confident.
(b) He is terrified.
(c) He is assured of his own safety.
(d) He is relaxed and unafraid.
4. How does the narrator of "Cock-a-Doodle-Doo?" view the world?
(a) Full of sunshine, flowers, and rainbows.
(b) Full of puzzles, traps, and confusion.
(c) Full of dangers, snares, and delusions.
(d) Full of casualties, despotism, and knocks on the head.
5. Why had Jimmy Rose never married?
(a) He ws unattractive.
(b) He was too shy.
(c) He didn't like women.
(d) He loved all women equally.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the narrator of "I and My Chimney" decide never to leave home?
2. What did buccaneers leave on the islands that Melville claims is proof of their better traits?
3. Why does the narrator of "Jimmy Rose" refuse to change the wallpaper in his parlor?
4. Why does the lightning rod salesman claim that his rods are superior?
5. What has Hautboy accomplished in "The Fiddler?"
This section contains 274 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)