|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 13 - 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does the lightning rod salesman claim that his rods are superior?
(a) They're made of magnesium.
(b) They're made of copper.
(c) They're made of iron.
(d) They're made of steel.
2. What is the temperature at the mill?
(c) Oppressively hot.
3. What caused the loss of Jimmy Rose's fortune?
(b) His overly generous dealings.
(c) The stock market crash.
(d) Duplicitous dealings.
4. What did buccaneers leave on the islands that Melville claims is proof of their better traits?
(a) Planted gardens.
(b) Buried treasure.
(c) Carved stone furniture.
(d) Planted orchards.
5. Who wrote the book lying on the apple-tree table?
(c) Cotton Mather.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who takes possession as the sole ruler of St. Charles Isle?
2. With what alliteration does Melville describe the islands?
3. What does the narrator of "Cock-a-Doodle-Doo?" believe the rooster's crow is saying?
4. Who is the worst enemy of the narrator of "Cock-a-Doodle-Doo?"
5. How does the lightning rod salesman feel about thunderstorms?
This section contains 210 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)