|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 13 - 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the narrator of "The Apple-Tree Table" feel as his wife and daughters become more frightened?
(a) He feels more frightened than they.
(b) He feels braver.
(c) He feels numb.
(d) He feels worse.
2. Why does the lightning rod salesman claim that his rods are superior?
(a) They're made of steel.
(b) They're made of magnesium.
(c) They're made of iron.
(d) They're made of copper.
3. What does the narrator decide to give the apple-tree table when he first discovers it?
(a) A place of honor.
(b) A happier book.
(c) A warm environment.
(d) Kind attention.
4. How does Merrymusk convince the narrator that he is a rich man?
(a) He has a large family.
(b) He has a large tract of land.
(c) He has a barn full of hay.
(d) He has a rooster worth five hundred dollars.
5. In "I and My Chimney," what is the narrator's wife's maxim?
(a) Whatever is not, is not.
(c) Whatever is, is right.
(d) Whatever is, is wrong and must be altered.
Short Answer Questions
1. What animal from the islands supplies sailors with food and utensils?
2. What does the narrator in "The Fiddler" aspire to become?
3. What impresses the narrator about the mill?
4. Who takes possession as the sole ruler of St. Charles Isle?
5. Why does the narrator of "Jimmy Rose" refuse to change the wallpaper in his parlor?
This section contains 277 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)