|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 13 - 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the narrator in "The Fiddler" aspire to become?
2. Why was Bannadonna excused for the homicide he committed?
(a) It was justifiable.
(b) It was accidental.
(c) It was done in self-defense.
(d) It was caused by esthetic passion.
3. What does the narrator decide to give the apple-tree table when he first discovers it?
(a) Kind attention.
(b) A place of honor.
(c) A warm environment.
(d) A happier book.
4. Why does the lightning rod salesman claim that his rods are superior?
(a) They're made of iron.
(b) They're made of copper.
(c) They're made of steel.
(d) They're made of magnesium.
5. What sort of feet did the apple-tree table have?
(a) Brass fittings.
(b) Marble balls.
(c) Hooves like Satan.
(d) Carved mahogany.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Melville say is the most populous species on the island of Albermarle?
2. How do the bachelors in the Temple keep time?
3. What is the attitude of the bachelors in the Temple toward pain and trouble?
4. Why does the narrator of "I and My Chimney" identify with his chimney?
5. How does the narrator in "The Lightning Rod Man" feel about the storm before the salesman arrives?
This section contains 279 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)