Chapter 1 - The Town-Ho's Story
1. In which of Melville's novels is "The Town-Ho's Story" included?
(b) Moby Dick.
(c) The Confidence Man.
(d) Billy Budd.
2. Who are Pedro and Sebastian in The Town-Ho's Story?
(b) Friends of the narrator.
(c) Sailors on the Pequod.
(d) Sailors on the Town-Ho.
3. Where does the narrator in The Town-Ho's story tell his tale?
(a) On the deck of the Town-Ho.
(b) The Cape of Good Hope.
(c) Lima, Peru.
(d) On the deck of the Pequod.
4. What part of the United States does the narrator of the Town-Ho's story claim is much like the sea?
(a) Lake Tahoe.
(b) The Great Lakes region.
(c) The Erie Canal.
(d) The Mississippi.
5. Why does the Town-Ho's captain have to put the ship into port?
(a) There has been a mutiny on board.
(b) It has sprung a leak.
(c) It has run out of supplies.
(d) Its crewmen are ill with scurvy.
6. Why does Radney dislike Steelkilt?
(a) Steelkilt is unfriendly.
(b) Steelkilt is handsome.
(c) Steelkilt is insubordinate.
(d) Steelkilt is rude.
(read all 180 Multiple Choice Questions and Answers)
This section contains 4,827 words
(approx. 17 pages at 300 words per page)