1. In which of Melville's novels is "The Town-Ho's Story" included?
(a) Billy Budd.
(c) The Confidence Man.
(d) Moby Dick.
2. Who are Pedro and Sebastian in The Town-Ho's Story?
(a) Sailors on the Town-Ho.
(b) Friends of the narrator.
(c) Sailors on the Pequod.
3. Where does the narrator in The Town-Ho's story tell his tale?
(a) On the deck of the Town-Ho.
(b) The Cape of Good Hope.
(c) On the deck of the Pequod.
(d) Lima, Peru.
4. What part of the United States does the narrator of the Town-Ho's story claim is much like the sea?
(a) The Erie Canal.
(b) The Great Lakes region.
(c) Lake Tahoe.
(d) The Mississippi.
5. Why does the Town-Ho's captain have to put the ship into port?
(a) Its crewmen are ill with scurvy.
(b) There has been a mutiny on board.
(c) It has sprung a leak.
(d) It has run out of supplies.
6. Why does Radney dislike Steelkilt?
(a) Steelkilt is handsome.
(b) Steelkilt is rude.
(c) Steelkilt is unfriendly.
(d) Steelkilt is insubordinate.
This section contains 4,827 words
(approx. 17 pages at 300 words per page)