|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who asks Ben to help Toomer?
(a) Mary Anne.
2. What does Lillian say as she tucks the kids into bed on Christmas Eve?
(a) That they were all bad and Santa Claus will not be coming.
(b) To go to sleep quickly so Santa Claus might come.
(c) That the quicker they go to sleep, the quicker morning will arrive.
(d) Not to expect much as they had little money for presents this year.
3. With whom has Sammy arranged dates for himself and Ben the day after Christmas?
(a) Two girls from a private high school.
(b) Two college girls.
(c) Mary Anne and another girl from school.
(d) Two girls from the military base.
4. Why does Bull go for a night flight?
(a) To practice a new manuever.
(b) To oversee a mission his squad must undertake.
(c) To make sure his plane is in good mechanical repair.
(d) To satisfy his monthly flight hour requirements.
5. Who was supposed to teach the boys?
(a) Father Pinckney.
(c) A nurse from the hospital.
(d) The local doctor.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the Bohemian Mountain Approach?
2. Who uses the rape as an excuse to go after Toomer?
3. Why do Ben and Sammy spend Saturday night at lover's lane rather than the local hang out?
4. Who plans on teaching her students about sex?
5. What song does Bull come home singing after Mess Night?
Short Essay Questions
1. Bull dies a hero. How does this affect the family dynamics?
2. How is Mr. Loring different from the teachers Ben is used to? How does Ben feel about Mr. Loring?
3. Why does Bull restrict what Ben can eat on game day?
4. Who instructs the male students on sex during catechism? Why?
5. What is the significance of the story Mary Anne tells on Christmas Eve as the family waits for Bull to get ready for church?
6. Ben teases Mary Anne about how much he will miss her when he goes to college. What does this say about their relationship?
7. What does Ben say to his father while taking him home after a night of drinking and fighting?
8. Who is Junior Palmer?
9. How is Bull's behavior on Christmas morning in contrast with the story Mary Anne tells on Christmas Eve?
10. Is there a difference between loving Bull and accepting his cruel behavior?
This section contains 1,291 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)