|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Junior Palmer with?
(a) A young black girl.
(b) A local nun.
(d) Mary Anne.
2. Who tells Lillian about Bull's plane crash?
3. What person does Ben think of during the tryouts?
(a) His old baseball coach.
(b) His father.
(c) His mother.
(d) His old basketball coach.
4. What is Arrabelle worried about after news of the rape on lover's lane?
(a) That Toomer committed the rape.
(b) That she will be raped.
(c) That no black person will be safe in Ravenel.
(d) That no one is safe anymore.
5. What does Bull do when he learns of Ben's arrest?
(a) Bull beats Ben and then leaves him in jail.
(b) Bull does nothing at all.
(c) Bull gets Ben out of jail immediately.
(d) Bull beat Ben after he takes him home.
Short Answer Questions
1. What story does Mary Anne tell the kids while waiting to go to church on Christmas Eve?
2. Who is Mr. Loring?
3. Who bails Ben out of jail?
4. What does Ben say to Bull when he goes to bring him home?
5. Who plans a march in Ravenel after news of the rape on lover's lane?
Short Essay Questions
1. Is there a difference between loving Bull and accepting his cruel behavior?
2. What is the focus of Sister Loretta's discussion on sex? How does Ben react to this discussion?
3. Who instructs the male students on sex during catechism? Why?
4. How does being Jewish affect Sammy?
5. How is Mr. Loring different from the teachers Ben is used to? How does Ben feel about Mr. Loring?
6. Ben teases Mary Anne about how much he will miss her when he goes to college. What does this say about their relationship?
7. Whom does Ben recall during try outs? What impact did this man have on Ben's life? What was Bull's role in this relationship?
8. Why does Ben invite Mary Anne to the prom?
9. What does Ben say to his father while taking him home after a night of drinking and fighting?
10. Why does Ben injure a player from the opposing team during a basketball game?
This section contains 1,261 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)