|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Bull restrict Ben to just bread and tea before the game?
(a) To help prepare him for the game.
(b) As a weight loss tool.
(c) To keep him from getting weighed down with unhealthy carbs.
(d) As punishment.
2. Who calls Ben a coward?
(a) The principal.
(c) His coach.
(d) His teammates.
3. What does Lillian say as she tucks the kids into bed on Christmas Eve?
(a) That the quicker they go to sleep, the quicker morning will arrive.
(b) That they were all bad and Santa Claus will not be coming.
(c) Not to expect much as they had little money for presents this year.
(d) To go to sleep quickly so Santa Claus might come.
4. What does Sister Loretta say a human body is?
(a) A sanctuary for the human spirit.
(b) A temple of the Holy Ghost.
(c) A shell for the soul.
(d) A gift from God.
5. How did Bull's friend Causey burn his face?
(a) When a plane blew up midflight.
(b) In a car accident.
(c) In a house fire.
(d) By refusing to bail out of a burning plane until it was no longer over a populated area.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Ben's first coach die?
2. Who drags Sammy from his car on lover's lane?
3. What does Ben think about Mr. Loring's teaching style?
4. Why does Sammy bring a date to Ben's house?
5. Where do Ben and Mary Anne go for dinner?
Short Essay Questions
1. Sammy arranges a date with a college girl by using a fake name. What does this say about Sammy's attitude toward women?
2. What is the significance of the story Mary Anne tells on Christmas Eve as the family waits for Bull to get ready for church?
3. Ben teases Mary Anne about how much he will miss her when he goes to college. What does this say about their relationship?
4. How does being Jewish affect Sammy?
5. What does Mary Anne confess to Ben during the prom?
6. How is Mr. Loring different from the teachers Ben is used to? How does Ben feel about Mr. Loring?
7. Why does Bull restrict what Ben can eat on game day?
8. What is the focus of Sister Loretta's discussion on sex? How does Ben react to this discussion?
9. Why does Bull agree to have one his men beat up a man in another squadron? What does this say about Bull's character?
10. What does Ben say to his father while taking him home after a night of drinking and fighting?
This section contains 1,340 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)