|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Junior Palmer's cousin?
(a) Red Pettus.
(d) Jim Don Cooper.
2. What does Mr. Loring tease Ben about?
(a) His worn out clothing.
(b) His badly written essay.
(c) His newfound fame after the basketball game.
(d) His inability to win a seat on the student council.
3. Who is Rock Troy?
(a) A friend of Sammy's.
(b) A name Ben made up to impress his date.
(c) The name Sammy made up to impress his date.
(d) A boy from school.
4. Who believes Jews use Christian children in their religious ceremonies?
(a) Red Pettus.
(c) Mary Anne.
5. What does Ben want to do when he first finds his father passed out on the Lawn?
(a) Leave him there.
(b) Spit on him.
(c) Kiss him.
(d) Stomp him in the head.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do Ben and Sammy spend Saturday night at lover's lane rather than the local hang out?
2. What goes wrong on the flight?
3. Who defends Ben?
4. Who plans a march in Ravenel after news of the rape on lover's lane?
5. How does Bull see God?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Bull restrict what Ben can eat on game day?
2. Who instructs the male students on sex during catechism? Why?
3. What is the significance of the story Mary Anne tells on Christmas Eve as the family waits for Bull to get ready for church?
4. How is Bull's behavior on Christmas morning in contrast with the story Mary Anne tells on Christmas Eve?
5. Why is Ben the only one held after Sammy and Ben are arrested attempting to blackmail Junior?
6. What is Ben's biggest fear as he tries out for basketball?
7. How is Mr. Loring different from the teachers Ben is used to? How does Ben feel about Mr. Loring?
8. Sammy arranges a date with a college girl by using a fake name. What does this say about Sammy's attitude toward women?
9. Why does Mr. Loring tease Ben in his English class? How does Ben feel about this attention?
10. Who is Junior Palmer?
This section contains 1,277 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)