|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Bull give Ben for his birthday?
(a) Bull's first set of wings.
(b) A new car.
(c) A new basketball hoop.
(d) Bull's first fighter pilot jacket.
2. Who is Colonel Hedgepath?
(a) Bull's assistant squad leader.
(b) Bull's military mechanic.
(c) Bull's new boss.
(d) Bull's old friend.
3. Where has Bull been for the past year?
(a) Sick in the hospital.
(b) Visiting relatives.
(c) Deployed on an Army base in Germany.
(d) Deployed on a carrier in the Mediterranean.
4. Why does the grandmother and the mother both beg the children to behave?
(a) They are concerned about their own peace of mind on the trip.
(b) They are concerned the children could hurt one another's feelings.
(c) They are worried that Bull's blood pressure will become too high if the children annoy him.
(d) They are concerned Bull will become violent if the children misbehave on the long drive.
5. Why does someone throw a shot put ball at Bull?
(a) They are playing a war game.
(b) The children are angry with Bull.
(c) To hurt him.
(d) It is an accident.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the Meecham family dog?
2. What first does Bull pour for Ben?
3. Why does Bull arrange for Ben to take Ansley Matthews on a date?
4. What does Bull do when Ben refuses to continue the game?
5. Bull becomes a regular at what diner?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Mary Anne believe neither she nor Ben will ever be writers?
2. Why do both the Meecham children's mother and grandmother plead with the children to behave on the road trip to South Carolina?
3. Who is Toomer? Why does Ben believe his mother encouraged him to go fishing with Toomer?
4. In Chapter 8, what does Lillian congratulate Bull for doing? Why?
5. Why does Lillian defend Bull?
6. Why does Bull play war games with his children?
7. What does Lillian claim is Bull's way of apologizing to Ben?
8. Why does Bull begin having breakfast at Hobie's Grill?
9. Bull sits and reflects after the change of command ceremony that gives him command of his own squad. How does Bull feel?
10. What happens on Ben's date with Ansley?
This section contains 1,004 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)