|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do the children react to Bull's injury?
(a) They do not react at all.
(b) They find it funny.
(c) They think he deserves it.
(d) They are frightened he will become angry.
2. Who is Colonel Hedgepath?
(a) Bull's new boss.
(b) Bull's assistant squad leader.
(c) Bull's military mechanic.
(d) Bull's old friend.
3. What type of man does Bull claim he respects the most?
(a) The type of man who is large and can win any fight.
(b) The type of man who gives up without trying.
(c) The type of man who fights for what he has.
(d) The type of man who flies without a parachute.
4. Who dies first in the game?
(d) Mary Anne.
5. Where does Ben spend dinner after the basketball game?
(a) At Toomer's.
(b) In his room.
(c) At a friend's house.
(d) With his family.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do Ben and Toomer go the Saturday after they meet?
2. Why does Bull take Matt and Ben to the base?
3. What does the principal do to Ben?
4. For whom does Bull arrange a date?
5. What does Bull want his sons to become?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Bull take Ben out to Biddle Island Marine Training Depot?
2. Why does Lillian defend Bull?
3. Why does a Naval officer threaten to file a conduct report against Bull?
4. What happens on Ben's date with Ansley?
5. What does Bull want his daughter's to be as adults? How does this correspond with Mary Anne's opinion of her own future prospects?
6. Who comes to Ben's aid after school when Red and his brothers attack him?
7. Who is Arrabelle Smalls and why has she come to the Meecham home?
8. In Chapter 8, what does Lillian congratulate Bull for doing? Why?
9. Why does Bull want Ben to date Ansley Matthews? How does Ben feel about this date?
10. Why does Bull refuse to discuss with Lillian his assignment to fly over Cuba?
This section contains 948 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)