|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Bull arrange for Ben to take Ansley Matthews on a date?
(a) To help Ansley's parents break up Ansley's relationship with Jim Don Cooper.
(b) To help Ansley make friends.
(c) To make Ansley's boyfriend, Jim Don Cooper, jealous.
(d) Do help Ben makes friends.
2. Where does Bull take Ben after breakfast?
(a) The airport.
(b) The basketball courts.
(c) Biddle Island Marine Training Depot.
(d) The Marine base.
3. Who addresses Bull's squad before the Cuba mission?
4. What does Bull do when Ben refuses to continue the game?
(a) Bull agrees that the game is over.
(b) Bull bounces a ball off of Ben's head and calls him a girl.
(c) Bull declares himself winner by default.
(d) Bull admits defeat.
5. Where does Ben take Ansley?
(a) To lookout point.
(b) To the movies.
(c) To Hobie's Grill.
(d) To the local hangout, the Shack.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Bull's real first name?
2. What animal do Ben and Toomer see laying eggs?
3. What does Bull tell the kids in his speech?
4. What does the Marines Birthday Ball mean to Bull?
5. Who is Bull Meecham?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Bull begin having breakfast at Hobie's Grill?
2. What does Mary Anne throw at Bull?
3. What does Varney know about Bull that few others know?
4. Who comes to Ben's aid after school when Red and his brothers attack him?
5. Why does Bull want Ben to date Ansley Matthews? How does Ben feel about this date?
6. In Chapter 8, what does Lillian congratulate Bull for doing? Why?
7. What happens on Ben's date with Ansley?
8. Who is Toomer? Why does Ben believe his mother encouraged him to go fishing with Toomer?
9. How does Bull react when he loses the basketball game against Ben?
10. What does Lillian claim is Bull's way of apologizing to Ben?
This section contains 896 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)