|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ben really want to do when he grows up?
(a) Be a priest.
(b) Be a Marine like Bull.
(c) Be a teacher.
(d) Be a writer.
2. Why does Bull take Matt and Ben to the base?
(a) To get their hair cut.
(b) To show them the new recruits.
(c) To show them his new office.
(d) To introduce them to his second in command.
3. Who does Bull admire that surprises Lillian?
(a) The Germans.
(b) The Russians.
(c) The Jews.
(d) The Africans.
4. Who comes to the Meecham house in Chapter 8?
(a) Their neighbor, Earline Grantham.
(b) A neighbohood child.
(c) Bull's second in command.
5. What does Mary Ann flick at Bull with her spoon?
Short Answer Questions
1. What game does Ben challenge Bull to?
2. What does the Marines Birthday Ball mean to Bull?
3. Who does Ben walk the halls with the first few weeks of school?
4. Why does the barber give the boys a military buzz cut?
5. What does Bull want his sons to become?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Bull want his daughter's to be as adults? How does this correspond with Mary Anne's opinion of her own future prospects?
2. What happens on Ben's date with Ansley?
3. What does Lillian tell Ben that brings him to tears?
4. Why do both the Meecham children's mother and grandmother plead with the children to behave on the road trip to South Carolina?
5. In Chapter 7, what does Bull do to wake his family? Why?
6. Why does Bull want Ben to date Ansley Matthews? How does Ben feel about this date?
7. Why are the Meecham children less than enthusiastic about their father's return after a year's deployment?
8. What does Bull's behavior at Hobie's say about his personality?
9. Why does Ben challenge Bull to a basketball game?
10. Who comes to Ben's aid after school when Red and his brothers attack him?
This section contains 964 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)