|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who plans a march in Ravenel after news of the rape on lover's lane?
(a) The local women's group.
(b) The Arian Brotherhood.
(c) The KKK.
(d) The military.
2. What song does Bull come home singing after Mess Night?
(a) Deck the Halls.
(b) Silent Night.
(c) Sweet Home Alabama.
(d) The Marine Corps Hymn.
3. Who does Bull blame for Ben's lack of a killer instinct?
(a) Lillian's mother.
(c) Ben himself.
(d) Mary Anne.
4. What does Sammy plan to do with the knowledge of what he saw at lover's lane?
(a) Blackmail Junior.
(b) Tell the local police.
(c) Call Junior's mother.
(d) Tell the local newspaper reporter.
5. What person does Ben think of during the tryouts?
(a) His old baseball coach.
(b) His mother.
(c) His father.
(d) His old basketball coach.
6. What does Ben think of Sammy's plan to blackmail Junior Palmer?
(a) Ben likes the idea of blackmailing Junior.
(b) Ben came up with the idea.
(c) Ben thinks they should just forget it.
(d) Ben wants nothing to do with the plan.
7. How does Sammy prepare for his date?
(a) By spending all afternoon in the shower.
(b) By buying a dozen roses.
(c) By making Ben pretend to be his date.
(d) By buying a new suit.
8. Who encourages Ben to injure an opposing player during the game?
(a) The coach.
(b) Mary Anne.
9. Why does Sammy bring a date to Ben's house?
(a) To ask for money.
(b) To invite Ben and Mary Anne to the movies.
(c) To show off his date.
(d) To ask Ben's advice.
10. What does Mary Anne tell Ben after dinner the night of the prom?
(a) That she wishes Bull would go away.
(b) That she has considered suicide.
(c) That she loves Ben.
(d) That she is in love with a soldier.
11. Who does Sister Loretta say is watching when someone masturbates?
(a) The souls of our departed loved ones.
(b) Our parents.
(c) God, Jesus, Mother Mary, and all the angels.
(d) The devil.
12. Who is Junior Palmer's cousin?
(b) Red Pettus.
(c) Jim Don Cooper.
13. What is Ben's biggest fear in regards to the try outs?
(a) That the football players will take over the team.
(b) That he will not make the team.
(c) That his talent will go unnoticed.
(d) That he will not do well.
14. Who does Ben help to his feet during his first basketball game?
(a) Jim Don Cooper.
(b) Art Ballard.
(d) An opposing player.
15. What does Sister Loretta say a human body is?
(a) A gift from God.
(b) A shell for the soul.
(c) A temple of the Holy Ghost.
(d) A sanctuary for the human spirit.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Sammy confide to Ben about his date?
2. Who is Ben's chief rival on and off the court?
3. What does Causey want his squad and Bull's squad to do?
4. What does Lillian say as she tucks the kids into bed on Christmas Eve?
5. Why does Bull send Ben to his room?
This section contains 604 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)