|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does teach the boys?
(a) A local nurse.
(b) A local doctor.
(d) Sister Loretta.
2. Who does Sister Loretta say is watching when someone masturbates?
(a) Our parents.
(b) The devil.
(c) The souls of our departed loved ones.
(d) God, Jesus, Mother Mary, and all the angels.
3. Why is Bull excited about Ben's next basketball game?
(a) Bull is excited because he likes competition, especially in sports.
(b) Bull is excited because a win that night will guarantee the team will go to the championship.
(c) Bull is excited because having a basketball star in the family makes Bull look good.
(d) Bull is excited because he is proud of his son.
4. Who takes Bull's role in the family after his death?
(b) Mary Anne.
5. What does Bull do to help Ben when Ben goes to save Toomer?
(a) Bull does nothing.
(b) Bull leaves his base without permission.
(c) Bull waits at home for Ben so he can punish him.
(d) Bull sends Lillian after Ben.
6. What game does Ben compete in the try outs for?
7. Why does Mary Anne call Bull at the bar?
(a) Mary Anne wants to embarrass Bull in front of his friends.
(b) Mary Anne knows that Bull misses Lillian and hopes to make him feel better.
(c) Mary Anne knows Bull should not drink and hopes to talk him into coming home.
(d) Mary Anne knows if a pilot's wife calls during happy hour, the pilot has to buy everyone a round of drinks.
8. Who believes Jews use Christian children in their religious ceremonies?
(b) Red Pettus.
(d) Mary Anne.
9. Where is Bull's body found?
(a) Near a bar.
(b) In a field.
(c) In the river.
(d) At Hobie's Grill.
10. What does Mary Anne tease Ben about?
(a) Mary Anne teases Ben about being just like Bull.
(b) Mary Anne teases Ben for getting arrested.
(c) Mary Anne teases Ben about girls.
(d) Mary Anne teases Ben that she will miss him when he goes to college.
11. What person does Ben think of during the tryouts?
(a) His old baseball coach.
(b) His mother.
(c) His old basketball coach.
(d) His father.
12. What is Ben charged with after Junior arrests him?
(b) Stealing a car.
(c) Hitting a police officer.
13. Who comes to watch Ben in the try outs?
(b) Principal Dacus.
(c) Mary Anne
14. Why does Bull go for a night flight?
(a) To practice a new manuever.
(b) To satisfy his monthly flight hour requirements.
(c) To oversee a mission his squad must undertake.
(d) To make sure his plane is in good mechanical repair.
15. Who was supposed to teach the boys?
(a) The local doctor.
(c) A nurse from the hospital.
(d) Father Pinckney.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ben say to Bull when he goes to bring him home?
2. Why does Bull restrict Ben to just bread and tea before the game?
3. What does Bull have sent to their table?
4. Who does Ben help to his feet during his first basketball game?
5. Who heckles Ben from the stands during his first basketball game?
This section contains 554 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)