|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Junior Palmer's cousin?
(c) Red Pettus.
(d) Jim Don Cooper.
2. How does Toomer plan to protect himself?
(a) Toomer calls the police.
(b) Toomer asks Ben to protect him.
(c) Toomer buys a gun.
(d) Toomer gathers his dogs into his house with him.
3. What does Lillian say as she tucks the kids into bed on Christmas Eve?
(a) To go to sleep quickly so Santa Claus might come.
(b) That the quicker they go to sleep, the quicker morning will arrive.
(c) Not to expect much as they had little money for presents this year.
(d) That they were all bad and Santa Claus will not be coming.
4. Why does Bull call home?
(a) To ask Mary Anne to meet him at the bar.
(b) To let Lillian know where he is.
(c) To tell Lillian to take out the trash.
(d) To make sure the kids did their homework.
5. What game does Ben compete in the try outs for?
6. What is Mess Night?
(a) A Marine traditon that includes lots of eating.
(b) A Marine tradition that includes the officer's wives cooking for the homeless.
(c) A Marine traditon that includes the officers cooking for the enlisted men.
(d) A Marine traditon that includes lots of drinking.
7. What does Bull insist on buying for Mary Anne in order for her to go to the prom?
(a) A new necklace.
(b) A new dress.
(c) A crosage.
(d) New shoes.
8. Why does Sammy bring a date to Ben's house?
(a) To ask Ben's advice.
(b) To show off his date.
(c) To invite Ben and Mary Anne to the movies.
(d) To ask for money.
9. What does Ben think about Mr. Loring's teaching style?
(a) Ben finds it boring and overly simplified.
(b) Ben finds it unorthodox and therefore wants out of the class.
(c) Ben finds it unorthodox, but he likes Mr. Loring.
(d) Ben finds it complicated and difficult to learn from.
10. Who plans on teaching her students about sex?
(a) Sister Loretta Marie.
(c) Mary Anne.
(d) Mr. Loring.
11. Who was supposed to teach the boys?
(b) The local doctor.
(c) A nurse from the hospital.
(d) Father Pinckney.
12. What does Mary Anne believe is Ben's motivation for the invitation?
(a) Revenge. It is grounds for a practical joke.
(b) Orders from Bull.
13. Who is Junior Palmer?
(a) A local teacher.
(b) A priest.
(c) A friend of Sammy's.
(d) A local cop.
14. Who comes to watch Ben in the try outs?
(b) Mary Anne
(d) Principal Dacus.
15. What song does Bull come home singing after Mess Night?
(a) Deck the Halls.
(b) The Marine Corps Hymn.
(c) Silent Night.
(d) Sweet Home Alabama.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Bull restrict Ben to just bread and tea before the game?
2. Who is Mr. Loring?
3. What does Causey want his squad and Bull's squad to do?
4. What does Sammy plan to do with the knowledge of what he saw at lover's lane?
5. What does Mary Anne let Sammy's date borrow?
This section contains 543 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)