|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Bull want his sons to become?
2. With who does Bull get into an altercation?
(a) A superior officer who complains about the noise of Bull's party.
(b) A civilian who insults him.
(c) A Navy officer who complains about the noise of Bull's party.
(d) A fellow soldier who insults him.
3. What is Bull's real first name?
4. Why does Bull go to speak to the local Catholic priest?
(a) Bull wants private religious training from the priest.
(b) Bull is upset about the lack of Catholic school in Ravenel.
(c) Bull dislikes religion and wants to express his opinion to the priest.
(d) Bull is considering joining the priesthood after he retires from the Marines.
5. What game does Bull play with his children?
(a) A war game.
(b) A basketball game.
(c) A board game.
(d) A game of catch.
6. What first does Bull pour for Ben?
(a) His first glass of wine.
(b) His first tumbler of whiskey.
(c) His first mug of beer.
(d) His first cup of coffee.
7. Who does Ansley leave Ben to hang out with?
(a) Jim Don Cooper.
(b) Mary Anne.
(d) Sammy Wertzburger.
8. Who addresses Bull's squad before the Cuba mission?
9. What does Lillian deny Bull has ever done?
(a) Hit her.
(b) Hit Karen.
(c) Hit Matt.
(d) Hit Ben.
10. What is surprising about the house the Meechams are to live in this time?
(a) It is a rented, civilian home rather than base housing.
(b) It is officer's quarters.
(c) It is near the high school.
(d) It is bigger than most base housing.
11. For whom does Bull arrange a date?
(c) Mary Anne.
12. What does Bull tell the kids in his speech?
(a) That they should be stars in their new community.
(b) That they should be patient, it takes time to adjust to a new place.
(c) That they should not try to make friends.
(d) That they should try to do their best.
13. What does Mary Ann flick at Bull with her spoon?
14. Where does Bull have breakfast every morning?
(a) Mac's Diner.
(c) The base.
(d) Hobie's Grill.
15. Who does Bull admire that surprises Lillian?
(a) The Jews.
(b) The Russians.
(c) The Africans.
(d) The Germans.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Bull become a regular at the diner?
2. Who is Colonel Hedgepath?
3. Where has Bull been for the past year?
4. Why does Ansley dislike the car Ben is driving?
5. Who comes to the Meecham house in Chapter 8?
This section contains 547 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)