|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Bull excited about in Chapter 14?
(a) Befriending the regulars at Hobie's.
(b) Becoming a part of the local community.
(c) Getting back into a fighter plane.
(d) Taking command of his squadron.
2. Why does Bull go to speak to the local Catholic priest?
(a) Bull is upset about the lack of Catholic school in Ravenel.
(b) Bull dislikes religion and wants to express his opinion to the priest.
(c) Bull is considering joining the priesthood after he retires from the Marines.
(d) Bull wants private religious training from the priest.
3. What does Sister Loretta Marie insist the children not chew?
(a) The communion wafer.
(b) Christmas candy.
(c) Easter eggs.
4. Who attempts to console Bull?
(c) Mary Anne.
5. Where does Bull have breakfast every morning?
(b) Mac's Diner.
(c) The base.
(d) Hobie's Grill.
6. What animal do Ben and Toomer see laying eggs?
(a) A seagull.
(b) A turtle.
(c) A salmon.
(d) A chicken.
7. What does Lillian deny Bull has ever done?
(a) Hit Matt.
(b) Hit her.
(c) Hit Ben.
(d) Hit Karen.
8. What is surprising about the house the Meechams are to live in this time?
(a) It is near the high school.
(b) It is a rented, civilian home rather than base housing.
(c) It is bigger than most base housing.
(d) It is officer's quarters.
9. What game does Bull play with his children?
(a) A game of catch.
(b) A board game.
(c) A basketball game.
(d) A war game.
10. Who is Toomer?
(a) Arrabelle's cousin.
(b) Earline's nephew.
(c) Earline's son.
(d) Arrabelle's son.
11. With who does Bull get into an altercation?
(a) A civilian who insults him.
(b) A superior officer who complains about the noise of Bull's party.
(c) A Navy officer who complains about the noise of Bull's party.
(d) A fellow soldier who insults him.
12. Why does Bull take Matt and Ben to the base?
(a) To introduce them to his second in command.
(b) To show them the new recruits.
(c) To show them his new office.
(d) To get their hair cut.
13. Where is the family moving to?
(a) Atlanta, Georgia.
(b) Ravenel, South Carolina.
(c) New York City, New York.
(d) New Orleans, Louisiana.
14. What does the Marines Birthday Ball mean to Bull?
(a) It's an excuse to get out of the house.
(b) It's not important to Bull at all.
(c) It's a time to remember fallen comrades.
(d) It's a time to get drunk.
15. What does Lillian suggest Bull do when he meets with Varney?
(a) Treat him the respect his rank demands.
(b) Treat him the same as he did in boot camp.
(c) Treat him like a brother.
(d) Treat him with the distain he deserves.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Bull refuse to tell Lillian more about his mission over Cuba?
2. What does Bull do when Ben refuses to continue the game?
3. Bull becomes a regular at what diner?
4. What does Ben show Lillian to prove Bull's cruelty against her?
5. Why does the grandmother and the mother both beg the children to behave?
This section contains 596 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)