|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What game does Ben challenge Bull to?
2. When does Lillian say she will leave Bull?
(a) The next time he goes to the base.
(b) The next time he hits Ben.
(c) The following day.
(d) The next time he is deployed overseas.
3. How does Bull insist his men treat him?
(a) Like a god.
(b) LIke a respected pilot.
(c) Like the best fighter pilot in the squad.
(d) Like a friend.
4. Who does Ben walk the halls with the first few weeks of school?
(c) Mary Anne.
5. What does Lillian suggest Bull do when he meets with Varney?
(a) Treat him like a brother.
(b) Treat him with the distain he deserves.
(c) Treat him the respect his rank demands.
(d) Treat him the same as he did in boot camp.
6. Why does the barber give the boys a military buzz cut?
(a) The barber insists on following the colonel's instructions.
(b) The barber does it as a practical joke.
(c) The barber thinks the boy's are new recruits.
(d) The barber does not know how to give another type of hair cut.
7. What type of man does Bull claim he respects the most?
(a) The type of man who flies without a parachute.
(b) The type of man who fights for what he has.
(c) The type of man who is large and can win any fight.
(d) The type of man who gives up without trying.
8. What is the center of Ravenel's gossip community?
(a) Mac's Diner.
(b) The post office.
(c) The library.
(d) Hobie's Grill.
9. Why does Bull go to speak to the local Catholic priest?
(a) Bull dislikes religion and wants to express his opinion to the priest.
(b) Bull is considering joining the priesthood after he retires from the Marines.
(c) Bull is upset about the lack of Catholic school in Ravenel.
(d) Bull wants private religious training from the priest.
10. What is Bull's real first name?
11. Who attempts to console Bull?
(d) Mary Anne.
12. What first does Bull pour for Ben?
(a) His first mug of beer.
(b) His first cup of coffee.
(c) His first glass of wine.
(d) His first tumbler of whiskey.
13. With who does Bull get into an altercation?
(a) A fellow soldier who insults him.
(b) A Navy officer who complains about the noise of Bull's party.
(c) A civilian who insults him.
(d) A superior officer who complains about the noise of Bull's party.
14. Why are Ben and his siblings at the airfield?
(a) They are waiting for Bull to come home.
(b) They are getting ready to go on a trip.
(c) They are arriving home after a trip.
(d) They are waiting for a distant relative to arrive.
15. Where is the family moving to?
(a) Ravenel, South Carolina.
(b) New York City, New York.
(c) New Orleans, Louisiana.
(d) Atlanta, Georgia.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Bull attack a young corporal in the bathroom?
2. Who dies first in the game?
3. What animal do Ben and Toomer see laying eggs?
4. Why does the grandmother and the mother both beg the children to behave?
5. Who is Bull Meecham?
This section contains 603 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)