|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who dies first in the game?
(d) Mary Anne.
2. What does Ben really want to do when he grows up?
(a) Be a priest.
(b) Be a Marine like Bull.
(c) Be a teacher.
(d) Be a writer.
3. Where has Bull been for the past year?
(a) Visiting relatives.
(b) Sick in the hospital.
(c) Deployed on a carrier in the Mediterranean.
(d) Deployed on an Army base in Germany.
4. What is surprising about the house the Meechams are to live in this time?
(a) It is bigger than most base housing.
(b) It is near the high school.
(c) It is officer's quarters.
(d) It is a rented, civilian home rather than base housing.
5. With who does Bull get into an altercation?
(a) A superior officer who complains about the noise of Bull's party.
(b) A civilian who insults him.
(c) A Navy officer who complains about the noise of Bull's party.
(d) A fellow soldier who insults him.
6. What does Mary Anne tell Ben to do?
(a) Call the police.
(b) Call Bull.
(c) Help the young Jewish boy.
(d) Get the principal.
7. Who is Red Pettus?
(a) Another flower salesman.
(b) Toomer's neighbor and local bully.
(c) Toomer's cousin.
(d) A local boy Ben has befriended.
8. What does the principal do to Ben?
(a) The principal suspends Ben for his own safety.
(b) The principal expells Ben for being a troublemaker.
(c) The principal gives Ben to the police.
(d) The principal does not punish Ben.
9. How does Mary Anne threaten Ben?
(a) Mary Anne threatens to tell the girls at the school that Ben is unavailible.
(b) Mary Anne threatens to tell their mother that Ben was fighting.
(c) Mary Anne threatens to tell the police Ben started the fight.
(d) Mary Anne threatens to tell Bull Ben is a coward.
10. Where does Bull have breakfast every morning?
(a) Hobie's Grill.
(b) Mac's Diner.
(d) The base.
11. When does Lillian say she will leave Bull?
(a) The next time he hits Ben.
(b) The following day.
(c) The next time he is deployed overseas.
(d) The next time he goes to the base.
12. What does Lillian suggest Bull do when he meets with Varney?
(a) Treat him with the distain he deserves.
(b) Treat him the respect his rank demands.
(c) Treat him the same as he did in boot camp.
(d) Treat him like a brother.
13. What does Lillian say when Ben asks if she loves Bull?
(a) She does love him.
(b) She has no other choice because she cannot afford to divorce him.
(c) He is a good provider.
(d) He will kill her if she leaves him.
14. Why does someone throw a shot put ball at Bull?
(a) The children are angry with Bull.
(b) To hurt him.
(c) They are playing a war game.
(d) It is an accident.
15. For whom does Bull arrange a date?
(c) Mary Anne.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Toomer sell?
2. Who throws a shot put at Bull?
3. Why does Bull take Matt and Ben to the base?
4. What is Bull's real first name?
5. Why does Bull become a regular at the diner?
This section contains 563 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)