Chapter 1 | Chapter 2
• Bull Meecham is partying with his military buddies when he gets into an altercation with a Navy officer with whom he has had trouble in the past.
• Bull is threatened with a conduct report that could end his career, but his commander is an old friend who promises to make the report disappear.
• Bull's children are waiting for him to come home with mixed feelings. The children love their father, but are weary of his violent side.
• Bull's wife is a strong woman who understands her children's fear of their father, but is insistent that he has changed and things will be different.
Chapter 3 | Chapter 4
• A month after Bull's return, the Meecham family prepares to move to South Carolina. The grandmother and mother both plead with the children to behave during the road trip.
• Bull informs his eldest son, Ben, that he will join the Marines...
This section contains 2,048 words
(approx. 7 pages at 300 words per page)