|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 12, who cries while they are at the table?
(a) William Ernest.
(b) Mrs. Trotter.
(d) Mr. Randolph.
2. Why does Mr. Randolph ask Gilly to pick out a wild tie for him?
(a) He thinks the tie will flatter him.
(b) He wants to look funny.
(c) He wants to shock his son into lightening up.
(d) He wants to brighten up his day.
3. What happens in the Trotter home by Thanksgiving day?
(a) Everyone is feeling better that morning
(b) None of the answers are correct.
(c) Gilly starts feeling queazy.
(d) Gilly cleans the house with disinfectant.
4. Which room does Gilly decide to use?
(a) Courtney's older brother's room.
(b) Her grandmother's room.
(c) Her grandmother's sewing room.
(d) A small room that used to be a nursery.
5. Who is Miss Minnie Applegate?
(a) Gilly and William Ernest's Sunday school teacher.
(b) A neighbor who goes to church with them.
(c) The pastor of their church.
(d) Their pediatrician.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Gilly discover about William Ernest?
2. What does Gilly's grandmother promise before she leaves?
3. What does William Ernest ask Gilly about her new home?
4. When William Ernest asks if he can visit Gilly, what does Mrs. Trotter say?
5. How does Gilly make extra money between Sunday school and church?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why doesn't Gilly feel her mother's picture fit in her new room?
2. In Chapter 12, what futile thing does Gilly do after supper?
3. What does Gilly find in Mrs. Trotter's open purse and where was it when she found it?
4. What does Gilly's grandmother try to do as she prepares for her daughter's visit?
5. What is the exciting news when Gilly writes her final letter in the novel to her foster family?
6. What happens when Mr. Randolph gets sick?
7. What happens during the night that both hurts and helps Gilly regarding her move?
8. What is Gilly trying to explain to Miss Ellis about her mother's post card?
9. Why is Gilly concerned when her grandmother promises to get her out of the Trotter foster home?
10. In Chapter 14, what does Gilly write about in her letters to Mrs. Trotter and William Ernest?
This section contains 758 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)