|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Gilly want to see Miss Harris do before she leaves Mrs. Trotter's home?
(a) Gilly wants to see Miss Harris break down.
(b) Gilly wants to see Miss Harris fall apart.
(c) Gilly wants to see Miss Harris scream in anger.
(d) Any of the answers is correct.
2. In Chapter 4, what does Gilly receive in the mail?
(a) A letter from her first foster mother.
(b) A postcard from her mother.
(c) A letter from her mother.
(d) A check for lottery winnings.
3. Who is Mr. Evans?
(a) The principal of Gilly's new school.
(b) Another of Mrs. Trotter's neighbors.
(c) Gilly's new teacher.
(d) A friend who drives them to Gilly's new school.
4. In Chapter 5, what does Gilly decide to do with Agnes Stokes?
(a) Gilly decides to beat her up if she follows her one more time.
(b) Gilly decides to play a trick on Agnes.
(c) Gilly decides to hide from Agnes so she leave Gilly alone.
(d) Gilly decides she may be able to use Agnes one day.
5. Before Gilly drops off to sleep her first night with Mrs. Trotter, what does she decide to do?
(a) To play a bunch of tricks on Mrs. Trotter.
(b) To mess with William Ernest's head.
(c) To find her mother, write to her, and tell her to come get her.
(d) To make the best of her new surroundings.
6. What does the principal tell Gilly after dismissing the other students in the fight?
(a) Gilly is going to have detention.
(b) Gilly is going to be suspended.
(c) Gilly is not going to be allowed to hurt other people.
(d) Gilly had better shape up or ship out.
7. What kind of class does Gilly's new principal say she should be in?
(a) A class for troubled students.
(b) A class that is for slower students.
(c) A class that will challenge her.
(d) A music class.
8. Whose photograph does Gilly have in her suitcase?
(a) Her first foster mother's photograph.
(b) Her mother's photograph.
(c) Wonder Woman's signed photograph.
(d) Her baby photograph.
9. Who is Miss Harris?
(a) The principal of Gilly's new school.
(b) The teacher of the sixth grade class Gilly will be in.
(c) The teacher Gilly had at her former school.
(d) The teacher of the fifth grade class Gilly will be in.
10. What does Gilly tell Mrs. Trotter when she asks about Mr. Randolph?
(a) That Mr. Randolph said he wasn't hungry.
(b) That no one was home next door.
(c) That she couldn't find the Randolph house.
(d) That he was gone, and that a colored man answered the door.
11. What does Mrs. Trotter say to Gilly after watching William Ernest fly the plane?
(a) "Good job."
(b) "Thank you."
(c) "Time for dinner."
(d) "That was great!"
12. In Chapter 4, what does Gilly offer to do with William Ernest after dinner?
(a) Go outside and dig up worms for fishing.
(b) Work on William Ernest's reading.
(c) Go to the playground.
(d) Help him with his homework.
13. Why does Gilly refuse an after school snack when Mrs. Trotter offer her one?
(a) Gilly doesn't want to be bought with food.
(b) Gilly is on a diet.
(c) Gilly hates Mrs. Trotter's cooking.
(d) Gilly isn't hungry.
14. In Chapter 6, how does Gilly perceive her teacher, Miss Harris?
(a) As a woman who is well respected.
(b) As a person who is not easily moved to emotion.
(c) As a meek, quiet woman.
(d) As a dangerous obstacle to her goals.
15. Why is Gilly so bothered by Miss Harris?
(a) Gilly doesn't think Miss Harris gives her enough help.
(b) Gilly thinks Miss Harris gives too much homework.
(c) Gilly is not used to being treated like the rest of her classmates.
(d) Gilly doesn't like the way Miss Harris yells at her.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Gilly get William Ernest to participate in her plot?
2. Who is Galadriel Hopkins?
3. What happens when Gilly tells William Ernest he is going to have to stand on her shoulders while she stands on the back of a chair?
4. What does Gilly find when she pulls an encyclopedia from Mr. Randolph's bookshelf?
5. After dinner, what does Mrs.Trotter suggest Gilly do for Mr. Randolph?
This section contains 740 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)