|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Gilly Hopkins?
(a) A teacher in the Thompson Park Elementary School.
(b) A neighbor to the main character.
(c) A juvenile wanted for running away from her first foster home.
(d) Galadriel Hopkins' nickname.
2. Why is Gilly so bothered by Miss Harris?
(a) Gilly doesn't like the way Miss Harris yells at her.
(b) Gilly is not used to being treated like the rest of her classmates.
(c) Gilly thinks Miss Harris gives too much homework.
(d) Gilly doesn't think Miss Harris gives her enough help.
3. What does William Ernest say when he lets go of the plane so it could fly?
4. In Chapter 4, what does Gilly offer to do with William Ernest after dinner?
(a) Work on William Ernest's reading.
(b) Help him with his homework.
(c) Go to the playground.
(d) Go outside and dig up worms for fishing.
5. What does Gilly run away with at recess?
(a) A basketball.
(b) The teacher's answer sheets.
(c) A volleyball.
(d) A football.
6. What nickname gives Gilly great pride?
(a) Gilly the Hillbilly.
(b) Gilly the Terrible.
(c) Gruesome Gilly.
(d) The Great Gilly Hopkins.
7. Whose photograph does Gilly have in her suitcase?
(a) Her baby photograph.
(b) Her mother's photograph.
(c) Her first foster mother's photograph.
(d) Wonder Woman's signed photograph.
8. What happens when Gilly goes to get Mr. Randolph for dinner?
(a) She sees the man and runs back home.
(b) She tells him to get a move on.
(c) She knocks on his door and then runs away as a prank.
(d) She tells him dinner is ready.
9. At the close of Chapter 3, what is Gilly's plan at the close?
(a) She plans to play tricks on the teachers and principal.
(b) She plans to have the school in an uproar within a week.
(c) She plans to start a riot among the students.
(d) She plans to set off the fire alarm and call in a bomb threat.
10. How many boys did Gilly fight with at recess?
11. What trick did Gilly play at her previous school?
(a) She did great school work, but failed all her tests.
(b) She got good grades, then suddenly stopped working.
(c) She failed every subject.
(d) She got such good grades she started teaching her class.
12. In Chapter 5, what does Gilly decide to do with Agnes Stokes?
(a) Gilly decides to hide from Agnes so she leave Gilly alone.
(b) Gilly decides to play a trick on Agnes.
(c) Gilly decides to beat her up if she follows her one more time.
(d) Gilly decides she may be able to use Agnes one day.
13. What is the name of Gilly's last foster mother?
(a) Mrs. Newman.
(b) Mrs. Richmond.
(c) Mrs. Nevins.
(d) Maime Trotter.
14. What does Gilly do when Agnes begins to gossip about the other students?
(a) Gilly writes everything down to keep in case she can later use the information to hold over someone.
(b) Gilly warns Agnes to never talk about her that way.
(c) Gilly reminds Agnes she (Gilly) has been abandoned by her parents when they left her with her grandmother.
(d) Gilly laughs and tells her they should get some good gossip on more students.
15. How does Gilly get William Ernest to participate in her plot?
(a) She lies to him.
(b) She promises him ice cream and cookies.
(c) She bribes him.
(d) She doesn't get him to participate.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Miss Harris admit doing in the teacher's room at noon?
2. How does Gilly feel about her prank?
3. What does Gilly find when she pulls an encyclopedia from Mr. Randolph's bookshelf?
4. What does Gilly do by the third week in October?
5. In Chapter 4, which book does Gilly read to Mr. Randolph after dinner?
This section contains 744 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)