Short Answer Key
Chapter 1 "Welcome to Thompson Park"
1. Who is Galadriel Hopkins?
The main character of the story.
2. Who is Gilly Hopkins?
Galadriel Hopkins' nickname.
3. How many foster homes has Gilly been in during the last three years?
4. Why is Gilly moved from Mrs. Richmond's care?
Mrs. Richmond is hospitalized for nerves.
5. Where does Gilly place her bubble gum when asked to remove it from her mouth?
Under the handle of the car door.
6. What is the name of Gilly's last foster mother?
7. What nickname gives Gilly great pride?
8. What is Gilly's first impression of Maime Trotter?
An unkind thought about Maime Trotter's large size.
9. Who is William Ernest?
Another foster child under Maime Trotter's care.
10. What does Gilly to to frighten William Ernest?
She makes her most fearful face at him.
11. What does...
This section contains 3,295 words|
(approx. 11 pages at 300 words per page)