|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12 "The Going".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do they decide to do after Mr. Randolph refuses to let Mrs. Trotter tell his son he's sick?
(a) Mrs. Trotter calls an ambulance to take him to the hospital.
(b) Mrs. Trotter calls his son anyway.
(c) Mrs. Trotter insists he come stay at her house till he recovers.
(d) Mrs. Trotter stays with him and asks Gilly to look after William Ernest.
2. What brings tears to Mrs. Trotter's eyes?
(a) When William Ernest trips while running.
(b) When Gilly tells her William Ernest needs to learn to take care of himself.
(c) When William Ernest cries because he wants to play hop-scotch.
(d) When William Ernest picks her pocket the way Gilly has taught him.
3. What happens to Gilly in the middle of her last night with Mrs. Trotter?
(a) She couldn't sleep.
(b) She runs away.
(c) She wets the bed.
(d) She has a nightmare.
4. What is Gilly's next idea to get more money?
(a) She would get Agnes and they would rob the 7-11 down the street.
(b) She would dust both Mrs. Trotter's house and Mr. Randolph's house looking for hidden cash.
(c) She would clean for Mrs. Trotter and Mr. Randolph and get paid for her work.
(d) She would hire herself out cleaning for people to earn money.
5. After dinner, what does Mrs.Trotter suggest Gilly do for Mr. Randolph?
(a) Walk him home.
(b) Tell him a story.
(c) Play checkers.
(d) Read something for him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Miss Harris admit after class?
2. What does Mrs. Trotter do to soothe Gilly back to sleep in Chapter 12?
3. How does Gilly react when William Ernest interrupts her visit with her grandmother to tell her he wet himself?
4. After all her work dusting both homes, what does Gilly have to show for it?
5. How does Gilly get William Ernest to participate in her plot?
This section contains 415 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)