|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12 "The Going".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the principal tell Gilly after dismissing the other students in the fight?
(a) Gilly is not going to be allowed to hurt other people.
(b) Gilly is going to have detention.
(c) Gilly is going to be suspended.
(d) Gilly had better shape up or ship out.
2. After the Thanksgiving holiday is over, what happens?
(a) Mr. Randolph returns to his home.
(b) All the answers are correct.
(c) Gilly and William Ernest return to school.
(d) Mrs. Trotter starts cleaning up the house.
3. What is Gilly's next idea to get more money?
(a) She would clean for Mrs. Trotter and Mr. Randolph and get paid for her work.
(b) She would get Agnes and they would rob the 7-11 down the street.
(c) She would dust both Mrs. Trotter's house and Mr. Randolph's house looking for hidden cash.
(d) She would hire herself out cleaning for people to earn money.
4. What does William Ernest ask Gilly about her new home?
(a) Is it far away?
(b) Is it a mansion?
(c) Is there a big house?
(d) Will she have horses?
5. What happens the week before Thanksgiving?
(a) William Ernest gets sick with the flu.
(b) Mrs. Trotter gets sick with the flu.
(c) Gilly gets sick with the flu.
(d) Mr. Randolph gets sick with the flu.
Short Answer Questions
1. When is Gilly to leave Mrs.Trotter's home?
2. What does Gilly find when she pulls an encyclopedia from Mr. Randolph's bookshelf?
3. After all her work dusting both homes, what does Gilly have to show for it?
4. What is Mrs. Trotter's reaction when Gilly admits taking money from Mr. Randolph?
5. What happens in the Trotter home by Thanksgiving day?
This section contains 338 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)