|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10 "The Visitor".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In chapter 2, what does Gilly think her mother's reaction would be if she found out about Gilly's situation at dinner?
(a) Her mother will make Mrs. Trotter toe the line.
(b) Her mother will send for her.
(c) Her mother will write to Miss Ellis about it.
(d) Her mother will come and get her.
2. What happens while Gilly is in her room looking at the mail?
(a) William Ernest knocks on her door.
(b) She gets a phone call that interrupts her reading.
(c) Mr. Randolph knocks on the door and Mrs. Trotter calls Gilly to answer it.
(d) Mrs. Trotter comes to check if she is okay.
3. What does Gilly do before she starts cleaning Mrs. Trotter's chandelier?
(a) She invites Agnes in to have some cookies.
(b) She sits with Mrs. Trotter and eats some cookies.
(c) She eats some cookies with William Ernest.
(d) She takes some cookies over to Mr. Randolph.
4. What kind of book does Mrs. Trotter say Mr. Randolph likes?
5. What does Mrs. Trotter say about making friends with Gilly?
(a) Soon Gilly will think of her as more than a friend.
(b) She never met a kid she couldn't make friends with.
(c) It didn't matter if she and Gilly are friends as long as Gilly respected her.
(d) It will take a long time for her and Gilly to become friends.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Gilly expect to get for stealing that doesn't happen?
2. What kind of class does Gilly's new principal say she should be in?
3. What are Sunday mornings to Gilly?
4. Who is Miss Harris?
5. What does Gilly tell Agnes when she asks to come in the house with Gilly?
This section contains 399 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)