|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10 "The Visitor".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Gilly place her bubble gum when asked to remove it from her mouth?
(a) Under the handle of the car door.
(b) In the ash tray.
(c) Under the desk.
(d) In a piece of paper so she can have it again later.
2. How negatively does Miss Harris react in class to the prank?
(a) She screams.
(b) She doesn't act negatively in class.
(c) She has a funny smile on her face all day.
(d) She faints.
3. Why does Gilly refuse an after school snack when Mrs. Trotter offer her one?
(a) Gilly hates Mrs. Trotter's cooking.
(b) Gilly isn't hungry.
(c) Gilly doesn't want to be bought with food.
(d) Gilly is on a diet.
4. What happens when Gilly tells William Ernest he is going to have to stand on her shoulders while she stands on the back of a chair?
(a) He wants to let Agnes climb up.
(b) He suggests Gilly stand on his shoulders.
(c) He runs away in fear.
(d) He wants to wait for Mrs. Trotter.
5. In Chapter 4, which book does Gilly read to Mr. Randolph after dinner?
(a) The Oxford Book of English Verse.
(b) Poetry at Its Best.
(c) Immortal Love Poems.
(d) The Oxford Book of Modern Poetry.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Gilly learn about her mother from her grandmother?
2. What kind of class does Gilly's new principal say she should be in?
3. In Chapter 3, what does Mrs. Trotter tell William he should show Gilly?
4. What does Gilly do when Agnes begins to gossip about the other students?
5. Why is Gilly plotting something?
This section contains 407 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)