|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10 "The Visitor".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Mrs. Trotter comes to check on Gilly at Mr. Randolph's house, what does the girl tell her she had found?
(a) A lot of dust.
(b) Some money.
(c) A bunch of junk.
(d) Some great books.
2. What is written on the note Agnes gives to Gilly when they walk home from school together?
(a) Agnes wants to be penpals with Gilly.
(b) Agnes wants to know when she could talk.
(c) Agnes wants to tell Gilly a secret.
(d) Agnes wants to invite Gilly to a party.
3. What does Gilly tell Mrs. Trotter when she asks about Mr. Randolph?
(a) That he was gone, and that a colored man answered the door.
(b) That Mr. Randolph said he wasn't hungry.
(c) That no one was home next door.
(d) That she couldn't find the Randolph house.
4. What happens when Agnes signals Gilly that Mrs. Trotter and Mr. Randolph are home?
(a) Gilly and William Ernest don't run fast enough and get caught.
(b) Gilly quickly put everything back in place and then drags William Ernest out the back door.
(c) Gilly takes William Ernest to the front door to greet them.
(d) Gilly and William Ernest hide in the closet.
5. How much total money did Gilly get ?
(a) Sixty-four dollars.
(b) Forty-four dollars.
(c) Thirty-four dollars.
(d) Twenty-four dollars.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 8, what does Gilly plan to do that Sunday after Mrs. Trotter settles town in front of the TV?
2. What does William Ernest say when he realizes Gilly has her suitcase as she is going out the door?
3. What does William Ernest do when they think Gilly won't return home with them?
4. What does Gilly perceive to be her first job with William Ernest?
5. What does Mrs. Trotter reply when Mr. Randolph compliments her dinner?
This section contains 423 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)