|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3 "More Unpleasant Surprises".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Before Gilly drops off to sleep her first night with Mrs. Trotter, what does she decide to do?
(a) To mess with William Ernest's head.
(b) To make the best of her new surroundings.
(c) To play a bunch of tricks on Mrs. Trotter.
(d) To find her mother, write to her, and tell her to come get her.
2. What kind of class does Gilly's new principal say she should be in?
(a) A music class.
(b) A class that is for slower students.
(c) A class for troubled students.
(d) A class that will challenge her.
3. How many boys did Gilly fight with at recess?
4. What is Gilly's first impression of Maime Trotter?
(a) The woman is no match for her.
(b) An unkind thought about Maime Trotter's large size.
(c) That she'd turn her to mush within two days.
(d) Maime Trotter is a whimp.
5. Who is Gilly Hopkins?
(a) A juvenile wanted for running away from her first foster home.
(b) A teacher in the Thompson Park Elementary School.
(c) A neighbor to the main character.
(d) Galadriel Hopkins' nickname.
Short Answer Questions
1. In chapter 2, what does Gilly think her mother's reaction would be if she found out about Gilly's situation at dinner?
2. What does Gilly play on Mrs. Trotter's piano?
3. What does Mrs. Trotter say about making friends with Gilly?
4. Whose photograph does Gilly have in her suitcase?
5. What happens when Maime asks Gilly to help make salad for dinner?
This section contains 361 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)