|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3 "More Unpleasant Surprises".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Before Gilly drops off to sleep her first night with Mrs. Trotter, what does she decide to do?
(a) To find her mother, write to her, and tell her to come get her.
(b) To mess with William Ernest's head.
(c) To play a bunch of tricks on Mrs. Trotter.
(d) To make the best of her new surroundings.
2. What warning does Mrs. Trotter firmly give Gilly after Gilly comments about the TV show William Ernest was watching?
(a) Mrs. Trotter makes it clear she will not have Gilly making fun of William Ernest.
(b) Mrs. Trotter warns Gilly to watch her step.
(c) Mrs. Trotter makes it clear that Gilly will watch whatever William Ernest wanted to watch on TV.
(d) Mrs. Trotter warns Gilly not to cross her.
3. What does Gilly mean when she says Trotter must think Gilly's "mental"?
(a) That she is able to read Mrs. Trotter's mind.
(b) That she has ESP.
(c) That she is crazy.
(d) That she is "dumb" or "stupid."
4. How many foster homes has Gilly been in during the last three years?
5. What does Gilly to to frighten William Ernest?
(a) She makes her most fearful face at him.
(b) She makes a motion like slitting her throat.
(c) She pinches him.
(d) She makes a fist at him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Gilly run away with at recess?
2. What does Mrs. Trotter say about making friends with Gilly?
3. Who is Mr. Randolph?
4. How many boys did Gilly fight with at recess?
5. What is Gilly's first impression of Maime Trotter?
This section contains 352 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)