|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3 "More Unpleasant Surprises".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Gilly's first impression of Maime Trotter?
(a) That she'd turn her to mush within two days.
(b) The woman is no match for her.
(c) An unkind thought about Maime Trotter's large size.
(d) Maime Trotter is a whimp.
2. Who is Mr. Randolph?
(a) All answers are correct.
(b) An African American.
(c) Mrs. Trotter's neighbor.
(d) An elderly, blind man.
3. What happens when Maime asks Gilly to help make salad for dinner?
(a) Gilly just stares at her in distaste.
(b) Gilly says, "Later."
(c) Gill ignores her and goes outside to play.
(d) Gilly says, "No."
4. Who is Miss Harris?
(a) The teacher of the sixth grade class Gilly will be in.
(b) The teacher of the fifth grade class Gilly will be in.
(c) The teacher Gilly had at her former school.
(d) The principal of Gilly's new school.
5. Before Gilly drops off to sleep her first night with Mrs. Trotter, what does she decide to do?
(a) To mess with William Ernest's head.
(b) To find her mother, write to her, and tell her to come get her.
(c) To make the best of her new surroundings.
(d) To play a bunch of tricks on Mrs. Trotter.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 3, what does Mrs. Trotter tell William he should show Gilly?
2. What is the name of Gilly's last foster mother?
3. What does Miss Harris say about Gilly's given name?
4. What does Gilly tell Mrs. Trotter when she asks about Mr. Randolph?
5. Who is Galadriel Hopkins?
This section contains 352 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)