|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12 "The Going".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What upsets Gilly when she starts reading a poem?
(a) It is written in old English, and she thinks they are trying to make a fool of her.
(b) She doesn't know the words and thinks they are trying to make her look stupid.
(c) It is written in another language and she thinks they are playing a joke on her.
(d) The poems are all about doom and she doesn't like them.
2. In Chapter 12, what does Gilly promise William Ernest she would do?
(a) Come visit him.
(b) Write to him.
(c) Have him come to her new home for summer vacation.
(d) She doesn't promise anything.
3. What does Gilly find when she pulls an encyclopedia from Mr. Randolph's bookshelf?
(a) Two twenty-dollar bills.
(b) Two five-dollar bills.
(d) A lot of dust.
4. In Chapter 8, what does Gilly plan to do that Sunday after Mrs. Trotter settles town in front of the TV?
(a) Catch a plane to go see her mother.
(b) Catch a train to California to see her mother.
(c) Catch a bus to Florida to see Disney World.
(d) Catch a bus to California to see her mother.
5. In Chapter 4, which book does Gilly read to Mr. Randolph after dinner?
(a) The Oxford Book of English Verse.
(b) Immortal Love Poems.
(c) Poetry at Its Best.
(d) The Oxford Book of Modern Poetry.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Mr. Randolph worried when he gets a spot on his tie?
2. After dinner, what does Mrs.Trotter suggest Gilly do for Mr. Randolph?
3. What does William Ernest do when they think Gilly won't return home with them?
4. What does Mrs. Randolph give Gilly as a going-away present?
5. What happens while Gilly is in her room looking at the mail?
This section contains 416 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)