Chapter 1 "Welcome to Thompson Park"
• Galadriel (Gilly) Hopkins is on her way to a new foster home.
• Her caseworker, Miss Ellis, is asking her to cooperate so this home works out for her.
• Some of the unpleasant history of Gilly's past foster homes is revealed.
• Gilly meets her new foster mother, Mrs. Trotter, and the woman's other charge William Ernest.
• Gilly immediately begins plans to create trouble.
Chapter 2 "The Man Who Comes To Supper"
• Gilly is shocked when she meets Mrs. Trotter's blind neighbor and frequent visitor, Mr. Randolph.
• Mr. Randolph is the first black person she's ever been around.
• Gilly is so appalled by her current situation she begins to consider writing to her mother.
• Gilly assumes that if her mother knew the kind of place she has been placed her mother would make sure she'd be removed from Mrs. Trotter's.
Chapter 3 "More Unpleasant Surprises"
• Gilly is...
This section contains 1,107 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)