Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. If led by true philosophers, Socrates argues that the republic would__________________.
2. The tyrannical man, according to Socrates, is characterized by___________.
3. According to Socrates, what did the Oracle at Delphi tell Socrates and Cherephon?
4. What assertion is made by Socrates when he responds to Adeimantus' point?
5. According to Socrates' radical math, the tyrant's life is 729 times________.
Essay Topic 1
How does Socrates plan for his city's rulers to not be corrupted by power? Do you think his plan is practical?
Essay Topic 2
Socrates is the focal character in most of Plato's work, and. as a result , it is often difficult for one to tell the two apart. Find a section in one of the dialogues where you think Plato might disagree with Socrates' main point and explain why. Use evidence not only from Socrates' words but the words that other characters use to challenge Socrates.
Essay Topic 3
Design your own Platonic dialogue centered around characters that already exist in the works. You may choose from any number of topics including justice, love, mortality/death, friendship, anger, truth, or a concept of your own devising. Make sure to use Socratic techniques such as aporia, cross-examination, and clarification of term in your dialogue.
This section contains 356 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)