|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Phaedo.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Crito take place?
(a) Agathon's house.
(b) A jail.
(c) The marketplace at Athens.
(d) A temple.
2. In Ion, Socrates compares Ion to which of the following?
(a) Greek artists and sculptors.
(c) Religious prophets.
3. After the verdict, Socrates warns the Athenian jury that________.
(a) They are acting unjustly by carrying out the entire trial in one day.
(b) If they execute him, they will only be hurting themselves, as his role will be impossible to replace.
(c) If they exile him, he will spread slander about the Athenian justice system
(d) If they do not convict him, the public will think them weak.
4. In the dialogue, Meno blames the confusion in his speech on which of the following?
(a) Socrates, because Socrates is not listening to Meno's points.
(b) Himself, because he does not think himself a good exemplar of what virtue is.
(c) Socrates, because Socrates is deliberately confusing Meno about a subject which Meno thought he knew.
(d) Himself, because he has not had ample time to prepare for a deep conversation.
5. According to Socrates, what would be one way for philosopher-rule to commence?
(a) If a philosopher raised an army and instigated a revolution.
(b) To convince the people through reasoning that philosophers make better leaders.
(c) If a philosopher's soul was born to the son of a king destined to inherit his father's position.
(d) Assassination of the present emperor.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose stories does Socrates think dangerous for the moral turpitude of his city's citizens?
2. Before Socrates delivers his speech, he cross- examines Agathon about which of the following?
3. Which one of the following scenarios, according to Socrates, would most likely give rise to a tyrannical government?
4. When Meno arrives in Athens, who is accompanying him?
5. Who is Evenus of Paros?
This section contains 424 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)