|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Apology.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whom does Socrates think is the fourth (and least) happiest social class of man in the republic?
(a) The aristocrat.
(b) The democratic man.
(c) The tyrant.
(d) The king.
2. Socrates concludes Book X with a theory of _______________.
(a) Revolution for the government.
(b) Reverse psychology.
(c) Reincarnation of souls.
(d) Metaphysical phenomenology.
3. How does Socrates plan to keep the soldiers of the republic from fighting?
(a) Socrates does not have a measure for ensuring peace among the guardian-class.
(b) He trusts that anyone who becomes a solider would put his state before his personal emotions.
(c) He reasons that if they belonged to the same family, they would not fight.
(d) He reasons that if they make the most money, they will always be happy.
4. Socrates firmly believes that poets ______________.
(a) Should be banished from his city.
(b) Are correct about the afterlife.
(c) Should be allowed to recite in the streets.
(d) Know exactly of what they are speaking.
5. Wise souls, Socrates asserts, will always choose paths of_________.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Socrates' republic, judges must__________.
2. What are the three social classes in the republic, according to Socrates?
3. Socrates firmly believes that poetry _____________.
4. According to Socrates, what would be one way for philosopher-rule to commence?
5. Whose stories does Socrates think dangerous for the moral turpitude of his city's citizens?
This section contains 344 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)