|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Apology.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To which other creative art does Socrates propose censorship?
2. How does Dimotia characterize love?
(a) Grounded and rational, like a mathematical equation.
(b) Curious and enigmatic, like the Gods.
(c) Crude and deceitful, like the desire for immortality.
(d) Beautiful and pure, like virtue or reason.
3. When Ion admits to Socrates that he can only recite one poet's work well, Socrates is puzzled by which of the following?
(a) Ion's desire to speak with Socrates about his work.
(b) How Ion considers himself a philosopher.
(c) Ion's hesitation to answer questions about his family.
(d) How an artistic skill can be limited in its expertise.
4. To Socrates, government is best analogized as being similar to the human _________.
5. Adeimantus interrupts Socrates in the beginning of Book VI to ask him ____________.
(a) Why philosophers are either useless or evil.
(b) Why he wants philosophers to rule the city.
(c) When students get to become full-fledged philosophers.
(d) Whether philosophy is an activity or a profession.
Short Answer Questions
1. Socrates firmly believes that poets ______________.
2. According to Socrates' radical math, the tyrant's life is 729 times________.
3. When Socrates meets Ion, Ion has just returned from which of the following?
4. Describe Meno's appearance and attitude when he meets Socrates.
5. Socrates thinks that poets and painters are_____________.
This section contains 311 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)