|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Nicholas is what to Mr. Quince in "Saint Crispin's Follower"?
(a) His apprentice.
(b) His brother.
(c) His uncle.
(d) His son.
2. What does Nicholas think when he wakes up in the morning in Chapter 3 of "Saint Crispin's Follower"?
(a) The birds are loud.
(b) He is late.
(c) It's a beautiful day.
(d) It will rain.
3. Which way is the weather vane pointing in Chapter 3 of "Saint Crispin's Follower"?
4. What is a class of richly decorative shuttle-woven fabrics, often made in colored silks and with or without gold and silver threads?
5. What refers to a craftsman who had fully learned his trade and earned money but was not yet a master?
(b) Right hand man.
6. Where did Saints Crispin and Crispinian preach Christianity to the Gauls?
7. Why does Nicholas suspect the grocery store closed early in the ending of Chapter 2 in "Saint Crispin's Follower"?
(a) The next day is a holiday.
(b) The power was out.
(c) Daylight savings time.
(d) The owner is sick.
8. What leads Nicholas to find flowers for his object of affection in "Saint Crispin's Follower"?
(a) The wind.
(c) The weather vane.
(d) A bird.
9. What is the name of Juliana's previous boyfriend in "Saint Crispin's Follower"?
(a) Winthrop Whistlewood.
(b) Chester Weatherford.
(c) Robert Darlington.
(d) Simon Hollingsworth.
10. There is set to be a celebration of what the following day in Chapter 2 of "Saint Crispin's Follower"?
(a) King George's birthday.
(c) Queen Victoria's birthday.
11. What is the weathervane atop Quince's shop made of in "Saint Crispin's Follower"?
12. In Chapter 1 of "Saint Crispin's Follower," Quince tells Nicholas that he is following a noble calling and that if the boy could only stop what the craft would serve him well?
(a) Getting into trouble.
(c) Going fishing.
13. When were Saints Crispin and Crispinian born?
(a) 4th century A.D.
(b) 4th century B.C.
(c) 3rd century A.D.
(d) 5th century B.C.
14. Who does Juliana remain preoccupied with obtaining revenge on in "Saint Crispin's Follower"?
(a) Her father.
(b) Her mother.
(c) Her ex-boyfriend.
(d) Her brother.
15. What beekeeper in the town does Nicholas pay a visit to in Chapter 2 of "Saint Crispin's Follower"?
(a) Mr. Flinders.
(b) Mr. Quince.
(c) Winthrop Whistlewood.
(d) Mr. McPhee.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 3 of "Saint Crispin's Follower," Nicholas returns to the bookshop where he finds that a similar looking plant to verbena means what?
2. What is a frame, typically wooden, used for execution by hanging?
3. What flower does Nicholas discover expresses a boundless and devoted affection in Chapter 2 of "Saint Crispin's Follower"?
4. Saints Crispin and Crispinian were born to a noble family where?
5. Mr. Quince first developed an admiration for his lady love in "Saint Crispin's Follower" based on her delicate what?
This section contains 465 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)