|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Man of Influence - chapters 1 - 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The author writes that Miss Frye's mother was also what in Chapter 3 of "The Binnacle Boy"?
(a) Raised by the sea.
(b) Abandoned by her husband.
2. What does Nicholas realize he will miss, where he had hoped to see his romantic interest in Chapter 3 of "Saint Crispin's Follower"?
(a) The dance.
(b) Church services.
(c) A funeral.
(d) The militia parade.
3. What is the setting of "Saint Crispin's Follower"?
(a) Charleston, South Carolina.
(b) Buffalo, New York.
(c) Savannah, Georgia.
(d) Dayton, Ohio.
4. In Chapter 1 of "The Binnacle Boy," Miss Frye recalls what her mother had said: "Girls take after their mother, Evangeline. Men take after" what?
(a) Their brothers."
(b) "Their father's."
(d) "The Devil."
5. What does Zorelli's wife suggest he carve from granite in Chapter 1 of "The Man of Influence"?
(a) A roasted goose.
(c) A ham.
(d) A giant fish.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the object of Nicholas's affections in "Saint Crispin's Follower"?
2. Where was Paul Fleischman born and raised?
3. How many sailors were removed from the ship in Chapter 2 of "The Binnacle Boy"?
4. In what trade does the ghost say he worked for the Boccas as an enforcer in Chapter 3 of "The Man of Influence"?
5. What time is it in Chapter 1 of "The Binnacle Boy" when Miss Frye realizes her maid is late?
This section contains 235 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)