|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who sent the detectives to fetch Harry, in Chapter 11?
2. What event does Harry dream about in Chapter 17?
3. What religious item does Michael wear when he goes into battle?
4. What is different about the ghosts being created, according to Mortimer?
5. Who is Mortimer Lindquist?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Mister scratch Harry's face to wake him up, in Chapter 17?
2. What is Agatha Hagglethorn doing when Harry and Michael arrive at the hospital?
3. What does Lea reveal to Michael in Chapter 6?
4. Who shows up at Harry's house in Chapter 11, and why?
5. What does Harry's wizard's sight enable him to do?
6. How does Harry help Micky in Chapter 13?
7. What deductions is Harry able to make, despite the effects of the vampire venom?
8. How do Mortimer's assumptions about Harry's reasons for visiting him help Harry to get information from him?
9. Who is Harry Dresden?
10. What does Harry see when he looks at Micky using his wizard's sight?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Love, and its expression, is an extremely important concept in the novel. Why does Michael insist that Harry tell Susan how he feels about her? Why does the phrase "I love you" have so much power? How does Harry express his love for Susan, before he is able to articulate it? What happens after he does so? Do you think that their love for one another will reunite them, and help Harry save Susan? Why or why not? Be sure to cite specific examples from the text to support your thesis.
Essay Topic 2
Harry's relationship with Susan is the most important relationship in the novel. How do they feel about one another? Why does Harry have difficulty expressing his feelings for Susan? What happens when he finally does? How does he put Susan before himself? How does she help him to overcome Kravos? Be sure to cite specific examples from the text to support your thesis.
Essay Topic 3
Bianca's vampires, those of the Red Court, are sanguinary vampires, but they are different from the Black Court vampires. How do the Red Court vampires attract their prey? How is their appearance described? What are their weaknesses? Why aren't they as well-known as the Black Court vampires? Be sure to cite specific examples from the text to support your thesis.
This section contains 982 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)