|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Harry do to protect Karrin?
2. Who is Charity?
3. What does Bob conclude about how the Nightmare can cross peoples' thresholds?
4. When do ghosts disappear, according to Harry?
5. Why does Susan call Harry, in Chapter 14?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Lea reveal to Michael in Chapter 6?
2. What happened to Agatha Hagglethorn in life?
3. What deductions is Harry able to make, despite the effects of the vampire venom?
4. Who is Harry Dresden?
5. What does Bob tell Harry about the Nightmare in Chapter 14?
6. What does Mortimer tell Harry about the being he is pursuing?
7. What does Harry deduce about the spirit that destroyed the church grounds in Chapter 9?
8. How does Harry find Lydia in Chapter 16?
9. How does Harry help Micky in Chapter 13?
10. What is odd about Harry's dream?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Harry's relationship with ghosts changes dramatically throughout the course of the novel. How does he feel about them at the beginning? With what types of ghosts does he commonly associate, and why? How does Harry use the help of a ghost to defeat Kravos? What about Bianca? What happens to these ghosts once their purposes are fulfilled? Do these experiences change the way Harry feels about ghosts in general? Why or why not? Be sure to cite specific examples from the text to support your thesis.
Essay Topic 2
Harry briefly explains how ghosts are created, and some information about them is interspersed throughout the novel. What is a ghost, according to Harry's description? How are they created? What are their abilities and limitations? How can they be destroyed? What types of deaths result in the formation of a ghost, and why? Be sure to cite specific examples from the text to support your thesis.
Essay Topic 3
Harry and Michael have different feelings about the vampires, but neither likes them. What are Michael's objections to the vampires' activities? How does Michael feel when he is at their ball? What about Harry? Why does he choose to wear the cheesy costume that he knew would insult them? Be sure to cite specific examples from the text to support your thesis.
This section contains 1,044 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)