|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Harry?
2. What event does Harry dream about in Chapter 17?
3. Who arrives to babysit for Michael in Chapter 20?
4. What is Susan's profession?
5. Why does Harry decide to pursue Lydia on his own, instead of waiting for help?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do Harry and Susan talk about on the phone in Chapter 14?
2. What does Harry deduce about the spirit that destroyed the church grounds in Chapter 9?
3. What happened to Agatha Hagglethorn in life?
4. How do Mortimer's assumptions about Harry's reasons for visiting him help Harry to get information from him?
5. Why does Mister scratch Harry's face to wake him up, in Chapter 17?
6. What is Agatha Hagglethorn doing when Harry and Michael arrive at the hospital?
7. Who shows up at Harry's house in Chapter 11, and why?
8. What does Bob tell Harry about the Nightmare in Chapter 14?
9. How does Harry help Micky in Chapter 13?
10. Why doesn't Harry want to pursue Agatha Hagglethorn into the Nevernever?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Bianca's vampires, those of the Red Court, are sanguinary vampires, but they are different from the Black Court vampires. How do the Red Court vampires attract their prey? How is their appearance described? What are their weaknesses? Why aren't they as well-known as the Black Court vampires? Be sure to cite specific examples from the text to support your thesis.
Essay Topic 2
Michael disapproves of some of Harry's methods for gathering information and enlisting help for his ghost-hunting activities. What sources does Harry use, and why? How does Harry feel about them? Why does Michael disapprove of his methods? Why is Harry's magic unacceptable to Michael? Why does Michael still help Harry, even though he disapproves of some of his activities? Be sure to cite specific examples from the text to support your thesis.
Essay Topic 3
Harry's relationship with Susan is the most important relationship in the novel. How do they feel about one another? Why does Harry have difficulty expressing his feelings for Susan? What happens when he finally does? How does he put Susan before himself? How does she help him to overcome Kravos? Be sure to cite specific examples from the text to support your thesis.
This section contains 944 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)