|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Lea help Harry escape Bianca's ball?
(a) She feels some affection for Harry, and wants him to be healthy and happy until he finally becomes hers.
(b) She doesn't want him as he is, frail and run down, and wants him to rest.
(c) She wants him to kill the Nightmare.
(d) She secretly despises the vampires, and wants Harry to live to fight them again.
2. Why does Lea refuse Michael's offer of himself in exchange for the return of his sword?
(a) She knows Michael could easily kill her once he had the sword back.
(b) She will not give up his sword for any reason, because she wants to use it herself.
(c) She has other plans for Michael.
(d) She is no longer in possession of the sword.
3. In Chapter 37, what is different about Harry?
(a) He is unable to turn off his wizard's sight.
(b) He has his own magic back, as well as some of Kravos'.
(c) He got his own magic back.
(d) He is able to use magic without his blasting rod or staff.
4. Why does Harry decide to attend Bianca's ball?
(a) He hopes to recruit some of the vampires to help him fight the Nightmare.
(b) He doesn't want to have hard feelings with Bianca.
(c) He hopes to find the Nightmare's controller.
(d) He doesn't want to commit a breach of etiquette.
5. What happens to Justine in Chapter 34?
(a) She gets taken away by Bianca, and Harry doesn't know why.
(b) She gets dragged out by Bianca's vampires and eaten.
(c) She completes her transformation into a vampire.
(d) She is possessed by Kravos.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Harry suddenly realize, at the beginning of Chapter 29?
2. Why does Thomas stay with Michael to fight Lea's hounds?
3. What does Charity tell Harry, as he tries to get her out of the graveyard?
4. What contact does Harry have with the Nightmare's controller, when he summons the Nightmare in Chapter 23?
5. What animal does Harry turn into?
Short Essay Questions
1. What deal does Bianca propose to Harry?
2. What do the vampires do to start the fight between themselves and Harry's group?
3. Why were the Black Court Vampires nearly wiped out?
4. Why does Thomas betray Harry's group?
5. How do the vampires react to Harry's costume at the masquerade ball?
6. Why is Susan in danger at Bianca's ball?
7. What happens to Susan in Chapter 37?
8. What conclusion does Harry reach about why he was invited to Bianca's party?
9. How does Lea help Harry defeat the Nightmare, in Chapter 21?
10. What happens when Harry opens the rift from the Nevernever into Bianca's mansion?
This section contains 1,083 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)