|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happened to Susan when Harry finds her in Chapter 34?
(a) Bianca started to change her.
(b) She has been possessed by Kravos.
(c) She was partially drained by the vampires.
(d) She has been tied up and drugged.
2. What happens to Kelly when she tries to touch Michael?
(a) Her skin bursts into flame.
(b) Harry threatens her and she backs off.
(c) Michael threatens her and she backs off.
(d) She is shocked with static electricity.
3. What does Michael tell Harry, at the beginning of Chapter 22?
(a) His baby might not live.
(b) He decided to stop pursuing the Nightmare.
(c) Charity might not survive her injuries.
(d) He refuses to work with Harry because it's too dangerous.
4. What does Lea offer to do for Harry in Chapter 27?
(a) Stop his powers from turning against him.
(b) Help him kill the Nightmare.
(c) Cure him of the effects of the vampire venom.
(d) Help him get Susan out of the ball.
5. What does Lea do to confirm Harry's story about what he ate, in Chapter 33?
(a) She asks his companions.
(b) She smells his breath.
(c) She feels his aura.
(d) She examines his pockets.
6. Why didn't the vampires tamper with Harry's belongings when he was locked up?
(a) They didn't want to come into contact with Harry's wizard's magic.
(b) They didn't think Harry would escape, so they didn't see any need to dispose of his stuff.
(c) Bob convinced them that Harry's possessions would explode if tampered with.
(d) They planned to use his belongings as proof that they hadn't hurt him.
7. What happens when the armed men fire at Harry, in Chapter 37?
(a) Nothing; the guns don't fire.
(b) Harry is shot, but able to heal himself.
(c) Their guns jam and malfunction.
(d) They accidentally hit Susan.
8. Where are Michael and Harry, in the beginning of Chapter 22?
(a) Harry's apartment.
(b) The graveyard.
(c) Michael's house.
(d) The maternity ward of the hospital.
9. Where does Harry find the name he uses to call the Nightmare, in Chapter 23?
(a) Bob interviews some beings in Nevernever.
(b) In a letter written by Kravos.
(c) In one of Mortimer's journals.
(d) In Kravos's leather bound book.
10. What proposition does Bianca make to one of Harry's group, in Chapter 30?
(a) She tells Thomas that if he will stand down, she will let Justine go.
(b) She tells Harry that if he stops fighting, he can leave and she will not pursue him.
(c) She tells Susan that if she stops fighting the vampires, Bianca will give her a great story for her tabloid.
(d) She tells Michael that if he stops helping Harry, she will make sure his baby recovers from his mysterious illness.
11. Why is Susan in danger if she stays at Bianca's party?
(a) She forged her invitation, so she is not protected by the laws of hospitality.
(b) She is the only sure way for Bianca to get to Harry.
(c) The vampires are offended by her costume.
(d) The vampires think she was brought there to be food, like the other humans.
12. What happens to Justine in Chapter 34?
(a) She gets dragged out by Bianca's vampires and eaten.
(b) She is possessed by Kravos.
(c) She completes her transformation into a vampire.
(d) She gets taken away by Bianca, and Harry doesn't know why.
13. How does Harry find and confront Kravos, in Chapter 36?
(a) He fights Justine, whom Kravos possessed.
(b) He goes to sleep.
(c) He doesn't confront Kravos directly.
(d) He casts a spell to summon Kravos.
14. What do the human guards do after firing at Harry?
(a) They switch weapons.
(b) They wait nervously for Bianca's next order.
(c) They charge Harry with knives.
(d) They run.
15. Who is Harry finally able to defeat, in Chapter 37?
(b) Kyle and Kelly.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why are the lights at Bianca's ball turned off, at the end of Chapter 28?
2. Why was Thomas chosen to represent the White Court at Bianca's ball?
3. How does Thomas diffuse the situation between Harry and the vampires, in Chapter 25?
4. What does Harry eat, in Chapter 33?
5. What is the vampires' response to Harry's costume at the masquerade ball?
This section contains 822 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)