|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Lea help Harry escape Bianca's ball?
(a) She doesn't want him as he is, frail and run down, and wants him to rest.
(b) She secretly despises the vampires, and wants Harry to live to fight them again.
(c) She wants him to kill the Nightmare.
(d) She feels some affection for Harry, and wants him to be healthy and happy until he finally becomes hers.
2. What happens to Kelly when she tries to touch Michael?
(a) Harry threatens her and she backs off.
(b) Michael threatens her and she backs off.
(c) Her skin bursts into flame.
(d) She is shocked with static electricity.
3. Why does Harry go to the emergency room, after his graveyard battle with the Nightmare?
(a) He is weak and dizzy.
(b) He broke his arm.
(c) He sustained a large cut on his forehead.
(d) He pulled a hamstring.
4. What is Harry wearing, in Chapter 37, when he confronts Bianca?
(a) His leather duster, with black shirt and black pants.
(b) A pair of boxers with yellow duckies on them.
(c) A cheesy vampire costume.
(d) His leather duster with a western-style shirt and blue jeans.
5. What does Lea's interference tell Harry about her powers?
(a) She is unable to use powerful magic outside of the Nevernever.
(b) She is not as powerful as he thought she was.
(c) She is limited in the ways in which she can use her power.
(d) She has a great deal of control over him.
6. Why does Harry refuse to go with Lea as he leaves the graveyard in Chapter 21?
(a) The Nightmare isn't dead yet.
(b) He needs to get Michael and Charity to safety first.
(c) He is afraid to go with her.
(d) He didn't promise to go with her that night.
7. How do Michael and Harry react when Thomas shows up at their doorstep in Chapter 31?
(a) They are suspicious, but hospitable.
(b) They interrogate him to get information about Bianca.
(c) They are glad to see him.
(d) They attempt to kill him.
8. Harry discovers, upon being examined in the emergency room, that Lea did what to him in the graveyard?
(a) Drained his magic.
(b) Healed his wounds.
(c) Made him physically stronger.
(d) Fortified his magic with her own.
9. How does Bianca plan on unmaking Amoracchius?
(a) By removing the enchantments.
(b) By removing the crucifixion nail embedded in its hilt.
(c) By using it to shed the blood of an innocent.
(d) By binding it to herself, using a spell.
10. Who is the first of Harry's group taken captive, in Chapter 30?
11. Why are the lights at Bianca's ball turned off, at the end of Chapter 28?
(a) Bianca sees Harry trying to escape and shuts off the power so the doors won't open.
(b) Harry's magic caused the lights to malfunction.
(c) Bianca notices the fight between Harry's group and one of the vampires.
(d) It is time for her to begin presenting gifts to her guests.
12. Why does Harry decide to attend Bianca's ball?
(a) He doesn't want to have hard feelings with Bianca.
(b) He hopes to recruit some of the vampires to help him fight the Nightmare.
(c) He hopes to find the Nightmare's controller.
(d) He doesn't want to commit a breach of etiquette.
13. What happens when the armed men fire at Harry, in Chapter 37?
(a) Nothing; the guns don't fire.
(b) Their guns jam and malfunction.
(c) Harry is shot, but able to heal himself.
(d) They accidentally hit Susan.
14. Where does Harry find the name he uses to call the Nightmare, in Chapter 23?
(a) In one of Mortimer's journals.
(b) Bob interviews some beings in Nevernever.
(c) In a letter written by Kravos.
(d) In Kravos's leather bound book.
15. Why did Bianca invite her enemies to her masquerade ball?
(a) So she could kill them, as a show of power.
(b) She was forced to by the Vampire Courts.
(c) She wanted to make a show of hospitality to them, to earn respect.
(d) Because she wanted to start fresh after her promotion.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the other vampires do after seeing the exchange between Michael, Harry, Kyle and Kelly?
2. How does Susan get into Bianca's party?
3. What offer does Bianca make to Harry in Chapter 38?
4. How does Lea react to finding out that Harry poisoned himself?
5. Why is Amoracchius altered, in Chapter 21?
This section contains 858 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)