|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Michael upset with Harry after their escape in Chapter 6?
(a) Harry insulted him.
(b) Harry no longer wants to be Michael's partner.
(c) Harry showed cowardice, and now Michael doesn't trust him.
(d) He disapproves of Harry lying.
2. Why does Harry insist on being invited into the Malones' residence?
(a) He is not sure that the Malones want to cooperate with the detectives.
(b) It would be a breach of wizardly conduct to go in uninvited.
(c) He thinks it is rude to go in without being invited.
(d) If he crosses a threshold without an invitation, his powers are considerably weakened.
3. What is Michael doing when Harry arrives at home in Chapter 20?
(a) Talking to his wife.
(b) Sharpening his sword.
(c) Putting his baby to bed.
4. What are ghosts, according to Harry's description in Chapter 5?
(a) Residual images of a person in the state they were in when they died.
(b) Guardian angels taking the form of people that an individual would recognize.
(c) Demons taking the form of people.
(d) Intelligent spirits are bound to a place or event.
5. Who does Harry think has the best chance of defending himself/herself against the Nightmare?
6. Why does Harry think the damage in Chapter 9 was done by this type of spirit?
(a) There are bits of ectoplasm clinging to the bushes.
(b) There is no psychic trail for him to follow.
(c) He can feel a raw, dangerous energy still lurking.
(d) He senses that the being is mischievous, not dangerous.
7. Who is the first person Harry talks to on the phone in Chapter 14?
8. Why did Charity leave in the middle of the night?
(a) She was restless, and wanted to go for a walk.
(b) She thought her sister was in trouble.
(c) She had a craving for pizza and ice cream.
(d) She wanted to find Harry.
9. Who is Lea?
(a) Harry's Godmother.
(b) Harry's girlfriend.
(c) Harry's spiritual guide.
(d) Michael's wife.
10. What is Aromacchius?
(a) Harry's staff.
(b) Michael's cloak.
(c) Harry's blasting rod.
(d) Michael's sword.
11. Why did Agatha murder her husband?
(a) She was in a jealous rage after finding him with another woman.
(b) He was abusive to her and her child.
(c) She was accused of murdering him, but she was innocent.
(d) She had another lover and wanted him out of the way.
12. What does the Nightmare look like when Harry encounters it in Karrin's office?
(a) It doesn't have a physical form; it is simply a presence.
(b) It looks just like Harry does now.
(c) It looks just like Harry did on the night the demon was killed.
(d) It is an amorphous black blob with glowing red eyes.
13. Why does Bob agree to help Harry, in Chapter 14?
(a) What Harry is doing is too dangerous for him to do alone.
(b) He is bored and looking for excitement.
(c) Harry offers to reward him.
(d) He wants a chance to exact revenge on the creature Harry is looking for.
14. What wakes Harry up in Chapter 9?
(a) The radio turning itself on.
(b) The phone ringing.
(c) Someone knocking.
(d) His alarm clock.
15. What is different about the ghosts being created, according to Mortimer?
(a) They are more evil.
(b) They are strong.
(c) They are weak.
(d) They are intelligent.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Harry discover wrapped around Agatha's body?
2. What do Harry and Michael conclude, after seeing what is wrapped around Agatha's body?
3. What state is Micky Malone in, when Harry first sees him in Chapter 12?
4. What event does Harry dream about in Chapter 17?
5. What does Harry do to protect Karrin?
This section contains 699 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)