|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do Kyle and Kelly visit Harry in Chapter 8?
(a) To kill him.
(b) To kidnap his girlfriend.
(c) To warn him of an impending attack.
(d) To give him an invitation.
2. Who does Harry think has the best chance of defending himself/herself against the Nightmare?
3. Who arrives to babysit for Michael in Chapter 20?
(c) His mother-in-law.
(d) Father Forthill.
4. Where does Bob live?
(a) On the other side of Chicago.
(b) In a skull in Harry's lab.
(c) In Michael's basement.
(d) In an apartment above Harry's.
5. What event does Harry dream about in Chapter 17?
(a) The night he and S.I. went after Leonid Kravos.
(b) His first battle with Michael.
(c) The night he met Susan.
(d) A day when he was training with S.I.
6. What is Agatha doing when Harry first encounters her?
(a) Tearing through the rift into the spirit world.
(b) Setting fire to the nursery.
(c) Holding a baby in her arms.
(d) Lulling the babies and orderlies to sleep with a song.
7. Why does Special Investigations visit Harry in Chapter 11?
(a) To interrogate him.
(b) To ask for his help.
(c) To extend a job offer.
(d) To arrest him.
8. What does Lea explain to Michael in Chapter 6?
(a) Harry made a pact with her and he owes her his life.
(b) She is a demon, sent by God, to test Michael.
(c) She wants to help Harry and Michael on their quest.
(d) Michael's faith is his true weapon, not his sword.
9. Where is Harry going in Chapter 1?
(a) A warehouse.
(b) A hospital.
(c) A monastery.
(d) A graveyard.
10. Where are Michael and Harry at the beginning of Chapter 7?
(a) Harry's apartment.
(b) Harry's office.
(c) Cook County Hospital.
(d) In jail.
11. What does Harry use, in Chapter 13, to see what is hurting Micky?
(a) Wizard's sight.
(b) The evil eye.
(c) Enchanted glasses.
(d) An enchanted telescope.
12. Why did Agatha murder her husband?
(a) She was in a jealous rage after finding him with another woman.
(b) She had another lover and wanted him out of the way.
(c) She was accused of murdering him, but she was innocent.
(d) He was abusive to her and her child.
13. Who are Kyle and Kelly Hamilton?
(a) Members of the White Council.
(b) Priest and nun siblings.
(c) A police detective and his wife.
(d) Vampire twins.
14. What is the Nevernever?
(a) The place where traitorous wizards are sent.
(b) Michael's term for Hell.
(c) A nightclub frequented by vampires.
(d) The spirit world.
15. Why does Harry insist on being invited into the Malones' residence?
(a) He is not sure that the Malones want to cooperate with the detectives.
(b) If he crosses a threshold without an invitation, his powers are considerably weakened.
(c) He thinks it is rude to go in without being invited.
(d) It would be a breach of wizardly conduct to go in uninvited.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Harry and Michael conclude, after seeing what is wrapped around Agatha's body?
2. Who is Susan Rodriguez?
3. What is happening to the barrier between the Nevernever and the world of the living, according to Mortimer?
4. In Chapter 16, where does Harry's spell lead him?
5. Why is Charity angry at Harry?
This section contains 575 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)