|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How was Harry's dream, in Chapter 17, different from the actual events?
(a) In real life, Harry didn't have Michael with him, but he did in the dream.
(b) In real life, Harry and Michael didn't help S.I., but in the dream they did.
(c) In real life, he and S.I. succeeded in killing the demon; in his dream, it killed all of them.
(d) In real life, the demon killed most of the team, but in the dream it didn't.
2. Why does Susan call Harry, in Chapter 14?
(a) To ask why he cancelled their date the night before.
(b) To find out if he is okay.
(c) To see if he is going to accept the vampires' invitation.
(d) To get information about a serial killer.
3. What religious relic is contained within Aromacchius?
(a) A piece of Jesus' robe.
(b) A nail used to crucify Christ.
(c) A piece of the shroud of Turin.
(d) A piece of straw from Jesus' manger.
4. Who does Harry think has the best chance of defending himself/herself against the Nightmare?
5. Where does Harry find Lydia, in Chapter 16?
(a) In a white van.
(b) In the backseat of a limousine.
(c) In a church pew.
(d) In a women's bathroom.
6. Who is Bob?
(a) Harry's brother.
(b) A spirit that Harry consults.
(c) A psychic medium who works for Harry.
(d) A knight, and one of Michael's friends.
7. What does Harry use, in Chapter 13, to see what is hurting Micky?
(a) An enchanted telescope.
(b) The evil eye.
(c) Wizard's sight.
(d) Enchanted glasses.
8. In what condition does Harry find Lydia, in Chapter 16?
(a) She is giggling and grinning madly, much like Micky.
(b) She is sleeping, but starts to wake when she hears Harry coming.
(c) Her eyes are open and she has a pulse, but she is unresponsive.
(d) She is dead.
9. What does Nevernever look like, in Chapter 5?
(a) Michael's idea of Heaven.
(b) Harry's conception of Hell.
(c) Agatha's memories of 19th century Chicago.
(d) Present day Chicago.
10. Who arrives to babysit for Michael in Chapter 20?
(c) His mother-in-law.
(d) Father Forthill.
11. Why won't Lydia tell Harry her real name?
(a) A person's name has great power for a wizard and he could use it against her.
(b) She is being pursued by the police and FBI.
(c) She was adopted as a baby and doesn't know her birth name.
(d) She is one of his former acquaintances, and doesn't want him to recognize her.
12. What is the Nevernever?
(a) The place where traitorous wizards are sent.
(b) A nightclub frequented by vampires.
(c) The spirit world.
(d) Michael's term for Hell.
13. What does Bob conclude about how the Nightmare can cross peoples' thresholds?
(a) It uses psychic magic, so it can attack someone from just outside their home.
(b) It can cross their threshold because they inadvertently invite it in.
(c) It can't come in through doors, but it can come in through windows.
(d) It doesn't have to cross their threshold, because they go to its realm when they dream.
14. Why does Harry decide to pursue Lydia on his own, instead of waiting for help?
(a) Lydia is poisoned, and will die soon, so he doesn't have time to wait.
(b) He knows no one would help him anyway.
(c) He doesn't have any way of contacting someone for help.
(d) The sun is setting, and whatever is chasing Lydia will be more powerful after dark.
15. What does Harry find in Micky Malone's yard?
(a) A patch of burned grass.
(b) Small animals, tortured and killed.
(c) A skinned goat.
(d) A horse's head.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Bob agree to help Harry, in Chapter 14?
2. Where are Michael and Harry at the beginning of Chapter 7?
3. Why does Harry think the damage in Chapter 9 was done by this type of spirit?
4. What are ghosts, according to Harry's description in Chapter 5?
5. Who sent the detectives to fetch Harry, in Chapter 11?
This section contains 744 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)