|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Mortimer Lindquist?
(a) A medium who lost his powers from misuse.
(b) A detective with Special Investigations.
(c) One of Harry's spiritual contacts.
(d) Michael's priest.
2. Who is Bob?
(a) A spirit that Harry consults.
(b) A psychic medium who works for Harry.
(c) A knight, and one of Michael's friends.
(d) Harry's brother.
3. Why do Kyle and Kelly visit Harry in Chapter 8?
(a) To give him an invitation.
(b) To kill him.
(c) To kidnap his girlfriend.
(d) To warn him of an impending attack.
4. How does Harry wake up from his dream?
(a) Someone knocks on his door.
(b) His cat scratches him.
(c) His alarm goes off.
(d) His phone rings.
5. After leaving his protective summoning circle, what does Harry have difficulty doing?
(a) Lighting a candle.
(b) Finding his cat.
(c) Summoning Bob.
(d) Pouring himself a drink.
6. Why does Harry want Kravos's case files?
(a) To seeKravos' strength.
(b) To find out who else was involved in the investigation.
(c) To get the name of the demon.
(d) To find Kravos and make him control the demon.
7. What is Susan's profession?
(a) Carnival worker.
(b) Psychic medium.
(c) Professional wizard.
(d) Tabloid reporter.
8. According to Bob, why is Harry's magic depleted in Chapter 18?
(a) Because he hasn't gotten enough sleep.
(b) Because he misused his powers.
(c) Because the binding spell used in the dream has carried over into real life.
(d) Because the Nightmare bit him in one of his chakras, and ate his chi.
9. What does Bob conclude about how the Nightmare can cross peoples' thresholds?
(a) It can cross their threshold because they inadvertently invite it in.
(b) It uses psychic magic, so it can attack someone from just outside their home.
(c) It can't come in through doors, but it can come in through windows.
(d) It doesn't have to cross their threshold, because they go to its realm when they dream.
10. What is the Nevernever?
(a) The place where traitorous wizards are sent.
(b) Michael's term for Hell.
(c) A nightclub frequented by vampires.
(d) The spirit world.
11. What state is Micky Malone in, when Harry first sees him in Chapter 12?
(a) He is tied to the bed, grinning madly.
(b) He is being loaded into an ambulance.
(c) He is bound and gagged in a chair.
(d) He is unconscious.
12. Why does Bob agree to help Harry, in Chapter 14?
(a) Harry offers to reward him.
(b) He wants a chance to exact revenge on the creature Harry is looking for.
(c) What Harry is doing is too dangerous for him to do alone.
(d) He is bored and looking for excitement.
13. What type of spirit does Harry think did the damage in Chapter 9?
(a) A vampire.
(b) A ghost.
(c) A demon.
(d) A pure spirit.
14. Where have Charity and the Nightmare gone, in Chapter 20?
(a) To Charity's car.
(b) To the cemetery.
(c) To Michael and Charity's home.
(d) To an abandoned alley.
15. Who is the first person Harry talks to on the phone in Chapter 14?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Harry think has the best chance of defending himself/herself against the Nightmare?
2. In Chapter 9, Michael tells Harry that he received a phone call from whom?
3. What does Harry do for Micky?
4. Where does Harry send Lydia?
5. What does Harry do to get the store clerk to tell him where Charity is?
This section contains 582 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)