Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is thanked for the powwow?
2. What is a Yuwipi medicine man?
3. Who does Herod say is crazy?
4. Who does Margaret refuse to let in her house?
5. Where does Herod sleep?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Anna allow Joyce to marry Clifford?
2. How does Charlene respond when her mother tells her that her father believes her to be stillborn?
3. What is the critical junction in Harley's life?
4. Why does Pumpkin jump into Lake Michigan?
5. How does Red Dress relate to the white culture?
6. Why do Jeannette's students not tell stories that are personal?
7. How does Chester entertain Anna when the Ferris wheel gets stuck?
8. Why does Margaret only now tell her daughters who their father is?
9. How is Christianity brought to the Native Americans?
10. What may have corrupted Red Dress' power?
Essay Topic 1
Frank is training to be the tribal shaman.
Part 1) Why is he training to do this?
Part 2) What is the job of a tribal shaman?
Part 3) Predict how Frank will be as the tribal shaman. Use information from the text to support your responses.
Essay Topic 2
By the end of the book, Charlene is on her way to be with her parents for the first time.
Part 1) How might she be feeling? Why?
Part 2) How might her parents and paternal grandmother feel while waiting for her arrival? Why?
Part 3) Will Charlene be able to adjust to her new surroundings and blended culture? Use information from the text to support your answer.
Essay Topic 3
Red Dress and Ghost Horse are spirits one separate planes.
Part 1) How do they become separated?
Part 2) How do they each interact with the other characters?
Part 3) Do you believe they will ever be reunited? Explain your response using information from the text to support your answer.
This section contains 584 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)