|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Margaret whisper to Evie?
2. Where does Herod sleep?
3. When does Anna meet Clive?
4. What is used to control weak minds?
5. Who is Clara Miller?
Short Essay Questions
1. What takes place the morning after Archie's motorcycle's demise?
2. Where does Dina get the idea for rattlesnake hair ties?
3. What causes Luther Faribault to climb on Mercury's roof?
4. How is Chaske different than other Sioux boys?
5. How does Lydia feel about Duane?
6. How does Chester entertain Anna when the Ferris wheel gets stuck?
7. What does Anna tell Crystal regarding her spirit?
8. What do the two protagonists have in common?
9. How does Josephine change after her husband's death?
10. What does this novel explore?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Many of the characters have vivid dreams.
Part 1) Give an example of some of these dreams.
Part 2) What is the purpose of the dreams?
Part 3) How do the characters use the dreams in decision-making?
Essay Topic 2
This book is a bildungsroman, or coming of age story.
Part 1) Who is coming of age in this book?
Part 2) Who influences these characters?
Part 3) What troubles cross their paths?
Essay Topic 3
Mercury/Anna uses potions to lure in men.
Part 1) Give examples from the text to prove this statement.
Part 2) Why does she feel compelled to use her powers in this way?
Part 3) How is her treatment of men similar to that of Red Dress?
This section contains 543 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)