|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Charlene Thunder doing to the microphone?
2. What does Alberta ask Herod?
3. What is happening to Margaret Many Wounds?
4. About what does Henry hallucinate?
5. Who does Margaret refuse to let in her house?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Anna allow Joyce to marry Clifford?
2. What is Red Dress' major accomplishment at Fort Laramie?
3. What is the critical junction in Harley's life?
4. What does Herod visualize about Archie's dream?
5. Why does Harley push Pumpkin away from him?
6. What does Calvin have Herod make him?
7. What gives Pumpkin a somewhat incongruous appearance?
8. Why does Jeannette abandon James Fenimore Cooper?
9. How does Lydia feel about Duane?
10. What may have corrupted Red Dress' power?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Anna Thunder is the obvious antagonist in this book.
Part 1) Give examples from the text to prove this.
Part 2) How do her actions ultimately affect her relationships with others?
Part 3) Predict her life in the future. Will she continue along the same path? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
Margaret Many Wounds has children with someone not of Native American culture.
Part 1) How does she handle this situation?
Part 2) Why does she handle it the way she does?
Part 3) How does racism and prejudice still affect our society today?
Essay Topic 3
Red Dress and Ghost Horse are spirits one separate planes.
Part 1) How do they become separated?
Part 2) How do they each interact with the other characters?
Part 3) Do you believe they will ever be reunited? Explain your response using information from the text to support your answer.
This section contains 577 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)