Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is thanked for the powwow?
2. What is a Yuwipi medicine man?
3. Who does Herod say is crazy?
4. Who does Margaret refuse to let in her house?
5. Where does Herod sleep?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Anna allow Joyce to marry Clifford?
2. How does Charlene respond when her mother tells her that her father believes her to be stillborn?
3. What is the critical junction in Harley's life?
4. Why does Pumpkin jump into Lake Michigan?
5. How does Red Dress relate to the white culture?
6. Why do Jeannette's students not tell stories that are personal?
7. How does Chester entertain Anna when the Ferris wheel gets stuck?
8. Why does Margaret only now tell her daughters who their father is?
9. How is Christianity brought to the Native Americans?
10. What may have corrupted Red Dress' power?
Essay Topic 1
Mercury/Anna uses potions to lure in men.
Part 1) Give examples from the text to prove this statement.
Part 2) Why does she feel compelled to use her powers in this way?
Part 3) How is her treatment of men similar to that of Red Dress?
Essay Topic 2
Red Dress and Ghost Horse are spirits one separate planes.
Part 1) How do they become separated?
Part 2) How do they each interact with the other characters?
Part 3) Do you believe they will ever be reunited? Explain your response using information from the text to support your answer.
Essay Topic 3
Lydia blames herself for her husband's and nephew's deaths and chooses to never speak again.
Part 1) Why does she choose to stay silent?
Part 2) How does this hinder her relationships with others?
Part 3) Do you believe she will speak again? Why or why not?
This section contains 563 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)