|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Charlene Thunder doing to the microphone?
2. When Charles Bad Holy MacLeod returns from Pennsylvania with what does he return?
3. How does this chapter open?
4. Who carries off the young man?
5. What happens when Crystal is five?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Margaret do as she becomes increasingly ill?
2. What may have corrupted Red Dress' power?
3. What takes place the morning after Archie's motorcycle's demise?
4. Why is Crystal an outcast in her tribe?
5. What does Anna tell Crystal regarding her spirit?
6. Why does Anna allow Joyce to marry Clifford?
7. What does Calvin have Herod make him?
8. How does Anna respond to Jeannette when she asks why people revere Herod but whisper fearfully about Anna?
9. What is special about Margaret's grandmother's dress?
10. What do the two protagonists have in common?
Essay Topic 1
Many of the characters have vivid dreams.
Part 1) Give an example of some of these dreams.
Part 2) What is the purpose of the dreams?
Part 3) How do the characters use the dreams in decision-making?
Essay Topic 2
Through most of the book, Harley is depressed and has low self-esteem.
Part 1) Why is he like this?
Part 2) Give examples of this character flaw from the text.
Part 3) Compare and contrast Harley prior to the vision quest and after the vision quest.
Essay Topic 3
Mercury/Anna uses potions to lure in men.
Part 1) Give examples from the text to prove this statement.
Part 2) Why does she feel compelled to use her powers in this way?
Part 3) How is her treatment of men similar to that of Red Dress?
This section contains 1,386 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)