|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who deeply loves Red Dress?
2. What does Harley tell Pumpkin about his soul?
3. What is Mercury Thunder?
4. What is this story?
5. What is a Yuwipi medicine man?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Anna tell Crystal regarding her spirit?
2. How does Lydia feel about Duane?
3. Where does Dina get the idea for rattlesnake hair ties?
4. What is the critical junction in Harley's life?
5. What does Crystal think about Martin's artistic abilities?
6. What may have corrupted Red Dress' power?
7. How does Josephine change after her husband's death?
8. Why does Charlene decide to not commit suicide after the potluck dinner?
9. How does Jeannette try to assimilate herself into the Native American culture?
10. Why does Martin's and Crystal's relationship scandalize the school?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Anna Thunder is the obvious antagonist in this book.
Part 1) Give examples from the text to prove this.
Part 2) How do her actions ultimately affect her relationships with others?
Part 3) Predict her life in the future. Will she continue along the same path? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
Many of the characters have vivid dreams.
Part 1) Give an example of some of these dreams.
Part 2) What is the purpose of the dreams?
Part 3) How do the characters use the dreams in decision-making?
Essay Topic 3
Automobile accidents frequently appear in this story.
Part 1) Give examples from the text.
Part 2) How are the accidents related?
Part 3) Why might the author specifically use the automobile as the murder weapon?
This section contains 594 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)