|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to the motorcycle?
2. Who are the two principal characters?
3. What does Margaret request?
4. For whom is the corn soup?
5. Who is thanked for the powwow?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Calvin tell Lydia about his dream?
2. Why does Ghost Horse marry Red Dress posthumously?
3. Why does Jeannette abandon James Fenimore Cooper?
4. Why do the men stay in Clara Miller's homestead?
5. Why does Margaret request a mirror?
6. What two styles of grass dancers are there?
7. How does Charlene respond when her mother tells her that her father believes her to be stillborn?
8. Why does Anna allow Joyce to marry Clifford?
9. What does Herod visualize about Archie's dream?
10. Why does Pumpkin jump into Lake Michigan?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Margaret Many Wounds has children with someone not of Native American culture.
Part 1) How does she handle this situation?
Part 2) Why does she handle it the way she does?
Part 3) How does racism and prejudice still affect our society today?
Essay Topic 2
Anna Thunder is the obvious antagonist in this book.
Part 1) Give examples from the text to prove this.
Part 2) How do her actions ultimately affect her relationships with others?
Part 3) Predict her life in the future. Will she continue along the same path? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
The Sioux culture and Christianity frequently intertwine or clash in this novel.
Part 1) At times the religions and cultures blend well together. When? Why?
Part 2) How do they clash in this text?
Part 3) Why do the Native Americans have a difficult time incorporating both religions and cultures together?
This section contains 524 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)