|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Herod say is crazy?
2. What does the first wife turn into?
3. What is added to the corn soup?
4. What is a habit of Evie's?
5. Who is thanked for the powwow?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Frank help Harley?
2. How does Herod feel about his religion?
3. What does Archie do with the Harley Davidson motorcycle?
4. How does Chester entertain Anna when the Ferris wheel gets stuck?
5. What is special about Margaret's grandmother's dress?
6. Why does Ghost Horse marry Red Dress posthumously?
7. What does Calvin have Herod make him?
8. What connection do Ghost Horse and Red Dress still have with their descendants today?
9. What is Red Dress' major accomplishment at Fort Laramie?
10. Why does Jeannette abandon James Fenimore Cooper?
Essay Topic 1
By the end of the book, Charlene is on her way to be with her parents for the first time.
Part 1) How might she be feeling? Why?
Part 2) How might her parents and paternal grandmother feel while waiting for her arrival? Why?
Part 3) Will Charlene be able to adjust to her new surroundings and blended culture? Use information from the text to support your answer.
Essay Topic 2
The characters in this book often disagree over what aspects of the Sioux culture should be left intact and what should be allowed to change.
Part 1) Give examples from the text.
Part 2) What changes do you see in the culture over time?
Part 3) How does the Sioux culture blend with that of the culture around them?
Essay Topic 3
Frank is training to be the tribal shaman.
Part 1) Why is he training to do this?
Part 2) What is the job of a tribal shaman?
Part 3) Predict how Frank will be as the tribal shaman. Use information from the text to support your responses.
This section contains 1,346 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)