|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Henry imagine are the headlights from Calvin Wind Soldier's truck?
2. Who is valedictorian of her high school and plans to attend Standford in the fall?
3. How old is Charlene when she first witnesses the effect of her grandmother's love potion?
4. What does the spirit warrior say to Herod in his dream?
5. When the two trucks collide, what happens to Calvin and Duane?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is special about Margaret's grandmother's dress?
2. Why does Pumpkin jump into Lake Michigan?
3. What does Red Dress tell Harley?
4. What gives Pumpkin a somewhat incongruous appearance?
5. How does Chester entertain Anna when the Ferris wheel gets stuck?
6. What connection do Ghost Horse and Red Dress still have with their descendants today?
7. Why is Martin Lundstrom nicknamed Tiny Tim?
8. What does Herod visualize about Archie's dream?
9. How does Frank help Harley?
10. What does Archie do with the Harley Davidson motorcycle?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Many of the characters have vivid dreams.
Part 1) Give an example of some of these dreams.
Part 2) What is the purpose of the dreams?
Part 3) How do the characters use the dreams in decision-making?
Essay Topic 2
Through most of the book, Harley is depressed and has low self-esteem.
Part 1) Why is he like this?
Part 2) Give examples of this character flaw from the text.
Part 3) Compare and contrast Harley prior to the vision quest and after the vision quest.
Essay Topic 3
The characters in this book often disagree over what aspects of the Sioux culture should be left intact and what should be allowed to change.
Part 1) Give examples from the text.
Part 2) What changes do you see in the culture over time?
Part 3) How does the Sioux culture blend with that of the culture around them?
This section contains 589 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)