|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of a culture has Jeannette found?
(a) One that is dead.
(b) A strange one.
(c) One that is alive and well.
(d) A very superstitious one.
2. What does the tribal chief order his people not to use?
(a) Sioux weapons.
(b) The potatoes from the field.
(c) Shaman medicine.
(d) White people's inventions.
3. Why is Red Dress killed?
(a) She spells one too many people.
(b) The Army invades her village.
(c) She is friends with a white woman.
(d) She is caught in a trap.
4. Why does Anna blame Joyce for her son's death?
(a) Joyce is babysitting him when he dies.
(b) Joyce said she would get a doctor but takes Dina to a powwow instead.
(c) Joyce makes him dance until he dies.
(d) Joyce poisons him.
5. What does Charlene request of Jeannette?
(a) To leave the reservation.
(b) To allow her to live with her.
(c) A change of homerooms.
(d) To teach her the Sioux ways.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Charlene learn about her parents?
2. What does Lydia do when she smells alcohol on Harley's breath?
3. How does Harley feel?
4. About what does Red Dress dream?
5. Why are the Sioux not willing to convert?
This section contains 246 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)