|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Anna say about the story involving Clive?
(a) It is a beautiful story.
(b) It is long and ends badly.
(c) It is a romantic tale.
(d) It is sad but lovely.
2. Who does Crystal marry?
(a) Frank Pipe.
(b) Martin Short.
(c) Duane Wind Soldier.
(d) Mark Lundstrom.
3. What is a Yuwipi medicine man?
(a) One who finds lost things, people, or even answers to questions.
(b) A witch.
(c) One who heals those who are ill.
(d) A man who puts spells on those that break tribal law.
4. What is Mercury's original name?
(b) Red Dress.
5. What does Evie wonder about Lydia?
(a) If she will still be upset.
(b) If she will be home.
(c) If she will speak to her.
(d) If she will embrace her.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is surprising about Herod's reaction to the female grass dancer?
2. What stories will Charlene not tell?
3. While the adults are watching Neil Armstrong walk on the moon, what does Margaret do?
4. What does Mercury Thunder think about the Soldier family?
5. When Charles Bad Holy MacLeod returns from Pennsylvania with what does he return?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Martin's and Crystal's relationship scandalize the school?
2. Why do Jeannette's students not tell stories that are personal?
3. Why does Mercury try to sabotage Charlene's schoolwork?
4. Why do Clara Miller and Red Dress appear to Charlene?
5. Why is Martin Lundstrom nicknamed Tiny Tim?
6. What does Crystal think about Martin's artistic abilities?
7. Who does Harley meet on his vision guest?
8. What connection do Ghost Horse and Red Dress still have with their descendants today?
9. Why does Anna allow Joyce to marry Clifford?
10. How is Chaske different than other Sioux boys?
This section contains 556 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)