|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is this story?
(a) A fantasy tale.
(b) A complexly woven tale.
(c) A simple tale.
(d) A boring tale.
2. Who carries off the young man?
(a) A reservation dog.
(b) The men of the tribe.
(c) A coyote the size of a pony.
(d) Red Dress.
3. Martin visits regularly during her confinement, but what is he never allowed to do?
(a) Speak to Charlene.
(b) See Charlene.
(c) See Crystal.
(d) Sit by Crystal.
4. Who does Margaret refuse to let in her house?
(a) The shaman.
(d) The Catholic priest.
5. Who does Margaret say is the father of Lydia and Evie?
(a) A Canadian Indian who has died.
(b) Charles Bad Holy MacLeod.
(c) A Japanese surgeon.
(d) Herod Small War.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Evie and Lydia do for several days?
2. What happens to the motorcycle?
3. Who does Crystal admire?
4. What happens to this character when he eats the corn soup?
5. What happens to Luther?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is Chaske different than other Sioux boys?
2. Why does Mercury try to sabotage Charlene's schoolwork?
3. Why does Alberta try to dissuade Herod and the other men from going to find the medicine hole?
4. What does Herod visualize about Archie's dream?
5. What causes Luther Faribault to climb on Mercury's roof?
6. What is special about Sioux soup?
7. Why does Charlene decide to not commit suicide after the potluck dinner?
8. What two styles of grass dancers are there?
9. Why does Frank take pride in the two rugged scars on his face?
10. How does Chester entertain Anna when the Ferris wheel gets stuck?
This section contains 546 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)