|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Herod sleep?
(a) With his wife.
(b) In the den.
(c) On a cot in the pantry.
(d) In the spare bedroom.
2. What happens to Luther?
(a) He dies.
(b) He runs home fearing for his life.
(c) He slips, falls, and dislocates his shoulder.
(d) He does not listen to Mercury.
3. Who deeply loves Red Dress?
(a) Her brother.
(b) Ghost Horse.
(c) Charlene Thunder.
(d) Harley Wind Soldier.
4. Who kills Red Dress?
(a) The white man.
(b) Her brother.
(c) Ghost Horse.
(d) Fanny Brindle.
5. Who does Margaret say is the father of Lydia and Evie?
(a) A Canadian Indian who has died.
(b) Herod Small War.
(c) Charles Bad Holy MacLeod.
(d) A Japanese surgeon.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do the early Native Americans believe what the priests say about heaven?
2. What does Margaret request?
3. Who are the two principal characters?
4. What do the sisters do after their mother's death?
5. Why does Margaret wake in the middle of the night?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Archie do with the Harley Davidson motorcycle?
2. Why does Margaret request a mirror?
3. What is the critical junction in Harley's life?
4. What happens to Pumpkin?
5. Why do the men stay in Clara Miller's homestead?
6. What is incorporated into this complexly woven tale?
7. Why does Henry drive straight for Calvin's truck?
8. Why does Charlene decide to not commit suicide after the potluck dinner?
9. What may have corrupted Red Dress' power?
10. What do the two protagonists have in common?
This section contains 534 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)