|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why are Red Dress and Ghost Horse still searching for one another?
(a) They want to fight.
(b) They are lovers but never came together as man and woman.
(c) They are destined to have a child together.
(d) They are lost on the earth plane.
2. How long has Lydia planned to marry Calvin?
(a) Since she is fifteen.
(b) Since she is five.
(c) Since she is ten.
(d) Since she is eight.
3. Why must Red Dress stay on the earth plane?
(a) She is too evil to go to the spirit plane.
(b) Ghost Horse is unable to loose her spirit as is required in the ceremony.
(c) She must wait for Ghost Horse who is still on the earth plane.
(d) She is still alive.
4. What does Anna offer Jeannette?
(a) A ride home.
(c) A place to stay.
(d) Insults and canned peaches.
5. What costume does Harley decide to wear?
(a) The clown design, which belongs to Ghost Horse.
(b) Western clothing.
(c) Pumpkin's costume.
(d) His traditional costume.
6. Calvin and Evie begin an affair as a result of what?
(a) Calvin tells Evie he is in love with her.
(b) Anna's bad medicine.
(c) Lydia cheats on Calvin.
(d) An argument between Calvin and Lydia.
7. What is North Dakota?
(a) A southern state.
(b) A dust bowl.
(c) A lush, tropical jungle.
(d) Fertile farmland.
8. Of whom does Dina dream?
(b) Red Dress.
9. What do others say about Red Dress and snakes?
(a) She can charm them.
(b) The snakes charm her.
(c) She makes the snakes attack others.
(d) She eats the snakes.
10. How does Anna's husband die?
(a) Muscular dystrophy.
(c) In a riding accident.
11. Why does Charlene put eyelashes in the cupcakes?
(a) To poison everyone at the powwow.
(b) To bring good luck to the tribe.
(c) To seduce the boys that eat the cupcakes.
(d) To show respect to Red Dress.
12. How does Lydia meet Calvin Wind Soldier?
(a) At church.
(b) In a restaurant.
(c) She almost runs him over in her car.
(d) At a bar.
13. What does Anna do with the perfume she is given?
(a) She puts a little on her wrists.
(b) She throws it away.
(c) She fills her pool with it.
(d) She fills her bathtub with it.
14. Why does Jeannette come to the reservation?
(a) She is a news reporter.
(b) She becomes lost and comes across the reservation.
(c) She is forced by her parents to teach there.
(d) To study a dying culture.
15. How does Harley feel?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the tribal chief order his people not to use?
2. With what play does Red Dress assist Fanny?
3. Who is Father La Frambois?
4. What does Red Dress bewitch the men to do?
5. Who takes care of Harley?
This section contains 475 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)