|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Anna ask for help in summoning Bernadine?
(b) Red Dress.
(d) Ghost Horse.
2. What does Charlene request of Jeannette?
(a) To leave the reservation.
(b) To teach her the Sioux ways.
(c) A change of homerooms.
(d) To allow her to live with her.
3. Who is Anna's four-year-old son?
4. Who does Harley see as he leans against the wall?
(a) Generations of Sioux.
(b) Generations of Wind Soldiers.
(c) Generations of the U.S. cavalry.
(d) Generations of prisoners in their spirit form.
5. Why does Anna sew Dina's first traditional Sioux dress?
(a) Dina's mother is useless with a needle.
(b) Dina does not want to sew.
(c) Dina's mother is not home to sew it.
(d) Anna loves to sew.
6. What must Harley do if he wants to be a man?
(a) He must not let his self-pity go on for too long.
(b) He must go on a vision walk.
(c) He must get his mother to speak.
(d) He must forgive his father for dying.
7. Who is Father La Frambois?
(a) An Episcopalian priest.
(b) A Catholic priest.
(c) Red Dress' killer.
(d) The pastor at Fort Laramie.
8. Why does Charlene put eyelashes in the cupcakes?
(a) To show respect to Red Dress.
(b) To seduce the boys that eat the cupcakes.
(c) To poison everyone at the powwow.
(d) To bring good luck to the tribe.
9. What do other Sioux on the reservation call Anna?
(a) "Venus da Milo."
(b) "Aphrodite, goddess of Desire."
(c) "Bacchus, God of Wine."
(d) "An evil witch."
10. What does Reverend Pyke have Red Dress translate?
(a) Sermons and other Christian writings into the Sioux tongue.
(b) The Declaration of Independence.
(c) The Bible.
(d) The Louisiana Purchase.
11. What does Lydia do when she smells alcohol on Harley's breath?
(a) She begins to cry.
(b) She falls to her knees.
(c) She hugs him.
(d) She slaps him.
12. Of what aspects of his friends and family does Harley think?
13. How does Anna's husband die?
(b) Muscular dystrophy.
(c) In a riding accident.
14. Why does Anna blame Joyce for her son's death?
(a) Joyce poisons him.
(b) Joyce makes him dance until he dies.
(c) Joyce is babysitting him when he dies.
(d) Joyce said she would get a doctor but takes Dina to a powwow instead.
15. Who goes with Red Dress to this fort?
(a) Father La Frambois.
(b) Her brother, Long Fellow.
(c) Her brother, Long Chase.
(d) Her mother.
Short Answer Questions
1. About what does Red Dress dream?
2. What has Mercury done to Charlene's textbooks?
3. How will Frank be trained?
4. How does Red Dress die?
5. Why does Calvin go to Korea?
This section contains 492 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)