|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do others say about Red Dress and snakes?
(a) She can charm them.
(b) The snakes charm her.
(c) She eats the snakes.
(d) She makes the snakes attack others.
2. What does Mercury have with her?
(a) A dog.
(b) An owl.
(c) A crow.
(d) Her daughter.
3. Who appears to Charlene at Clara Miller's homestead?
(a) Ghost Horse.
(b) Red Dress and Clara Miller.
(d) Herod Small War.
4. What does Anna offer Jeannette?
(b) Insults and canned peaches.
(c) A ride home.
(d) A place to stay.
5. What does Calvin do after his marriage to Lydia?
(a) He stops working.
(b) He gives up his religion.
(c) He becomes a Catholic.
(d) He stops drinking and joins the tribal police force.
6. Who is Evie's child?
7. Why does Charlene put eyelashes in the cupcakes?
(a) To seduce the boys that eat the cupcakes.
(b) To show respect to Red Dress.
(c) To bring good luck to the tribe.
(d) To poison everyone at the powwow.
8. Of what aspects of his friends and family does Harley think?
9. Why does Anna blame Joyce for her son's death?
(a) Joyce is babysitting him when he dies.
(b) Joyce said she would get a doctor but takes Dina to a powwow instead.
(c) Joyce makes him dance until he dies.
(d) Joyce poisons him.
10. What do the boys and Charlene do?
(a) They trick Mercury.
(b) They have sex.
(c) They catch Harley.
(d) They break into the high school.
11. How will Frank be trained?
(a) To be a counselor.
(b) In the ways of the blood medicine.
(c) To be the tribal shaman.
(d) To be a doctor.
12. Why does Jeannette come to the reservation?
(a) She is a news reporter.
(b) She becomes lost and comes across the reservation.
(c) To study a dying culture.
(d) She is forced by her parents to teach there.
13. On what is the Sioux nation subsisting?
(b) Buffalo meat.
(d) Food from the Red Cross.
14. Why does Herod not allow Jeanette into the sweat lodge?
(a) She is a stranger.
(b) She is on her menses.
(c) He is in love with her.
(d) She is not Sioux.
15. Who does Lydia adore?
(a) Her son, Harley.
(b) Her mother, Margaret.
(c) Her twin sister Evelyn.
(d) He nephew, Duane.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Charlene learn about her parents?
2. Who is the first to marry of the twins?
3. Who takes care of Harley?
4. What does Anna invite Jeannette to do?
5. What does Reverend Pyke have Red Dress translate?
This section contains 457 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)