|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens when Crystal is five?
(a) She acquires Red Dress' powers.
(b) Her father leaves her family.
(c) Her mother dies.
(d) She learns that her mother is odd.
2. Why does Frank not share this story in class?
(a) He will get into trouble.
(b) He is embarrassed.
(c) He does not like the story.
(d) He is not sure if Jeannette would think his story unreal or crazy.
3. Where does he miss sleeping?
(a) Next to his wife.
(b) By himself.
(c) In the spare bedroom.
(d) With Clara Miller.
4. Who is Clara Miller?
(a) Jeannette's sister-in-law.
(b) A white woman who has recently moved to the reservation.
(c) Herod's daughter.
(d) The daughter of a soldier killed at Little big Horn.
5. How does Josephine change Alberta's look?
(a) She gives her a perm.
(b) She buys her a new dress.
(c) She does her nails.
(d) She adds curls and makeup.
6. What is another name for a coming of age story?
7. How does Charlene feel about Pumpkin's interest in Harley?
(a) She is excited for her.
(b) She is disturbed.
(c) She is happy.
(d) She is unsure.
8. What is Mercury's original name?
(b) Red Dress.
9. What does Frank remember as he is telling the tale of the tricky spider?
(a) That he forgot his homework at home.
(b) A time when someone is going around killing reservation dogs and coyotes.
(c) A story that he wishes he had told instead.
(d) A part of the story he had left out.
10. Whose homestead do they come upon?
(a) Calvin Wind Soldier's.
(b) Red Dress'.
(c) Ghost Horse's.
(d) Clara Miller's.
11. What is this story?
(a) A complexly woven tale.
(b) A boring tale.
(c) A simple tale.
(d) A fantasy tale.
12. Who narrates this chapter?
(a) Mercury Thunder.
(b) Anna Thunder.
(c) Crystal Thunder.
(d) Charlene Thunder.
13. How does this chapter open?
(a) At a powwow.
(b) In Jeannette McVay's eighth grade social studies classroom when Harley is thirteen.
(c) High school graduation.
(d) At Charlene's house.
14. Why does no one complain about the bothersome microphone?
(a) They are too busy setting up for the powwow.
(b) They fear Charlene.
(c) Charlene's mother is there and would get offended.
(d) Charlene's grandmother, Mercury Thunder, is present.
15. What does Crystal like of Martin's?
(a) His horse drawings.
(b) His skills on the basketball court.
(c) His eyes.
(d) His musical abilities.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Evie feel about her mother's confession?
2. Who carries off the young man?
3. Of what does Jeannette come to the reservation full?
4. How does this chapter open?
5. What does Harley tell Pumpkin about his soul?
This section contains 463 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)