|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who kills Red Dress?
(a) The white man.
(b) Fanny Brindle.
(c) Ghost Horse.
(d) Her brother.
2. Who is Herod's best friend?
3. What happens to Calvin Wind Soldier and his son Duane?
(a) They leave the reservation.
(b) They are bewitched by Charlene Thunder.
(c) They are kidnapped by Red Dress.
(d) They are killed in a car accident.
4. Who narrates this chapter?
(a) Frank Pipe.
(b) King Herod.
(c) Harley Wind Soldier.
(d) Herod Small War.
5. Who does Crystal admire?
(a) Martin Short.
(b) Frank Pipe.
(c) Martin Lundstrom.
(d) Calvin Wind Soldier.
6. What is a habit of Evie's?
(b) Following the bidding of her sister Lydia.
(c) Comparing herself to her twin sister Lydia.
7. Who carries off the young man?
(a) A reservation dog.
(b) Red Dress.
(c) A coyote the size of a pony.
(d) The men of the tribe.
8. What happens to this character when he eats the corn soup?
(a) He loves it.
(b) He is quite amenable to climbing to the roof and hanging the lights.
(c) He gets violently ill.
(d) It makes him dizzy.
9. How does Charlene feel about Pumpkin's interest in Harley?
(a) She is happy.
(b) She is excited for her.
(c) She is disturbed.
(d) She is unsure.
10. Who is the tricky spider?
11. Of what does Jeannette come to the reservation full?
(a) Prejudice towards Native Americans.
(c) Idealistic beliefs about the Native American culture.
12. Why does Margaret wake in the middle of the night?
(a) He nephew wakes her up.
(b) She hears a loud noise.
(c) Her sister shakes her awake.
(d) She believes she has visitors.
13. What is used to control weak minds?
(a) Prairie parsley.
(b) Love Potion Number 9.
(d) Sweet basil.
14. What does Archie do on the motorcycle?
(a) He rides down the road.
(b) He picks up Alberta.
(c) He falls off as soon as he gets on it.
(d) He shows off.
15. What does Henry imagine are the headlights from Calvin Wind Soldier's truck?
(a) The lights from a police car.
(b) The sun.
(c) The eyes of dead Indians trying to scare him.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Pumpkin feel as if she does not fit comfortably into her Native American culture?
2. Who is thanked for the powwow?
3. What does Crystal like of Martin's?
4. About what does Henry hallucinate?
5. When Charles Bad Holy MacLeod returns from Pennsylvania with what does he return?
This section contains 456 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)