|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do the early Native Americans believe what the priests say about heaven?
(a) The priests are kind.
(b) They fear the priests.
(c) What the priest say is the truth.
(d) They are awestruck by the music of the pianao aboard the steamboat.
2. Why do Archie, Harley, Frank, and Herod head off on horseback?
(a) The house is on fire.
(b) To escape Alberta's wrath.
(c) They need to check on the cattle.
(d) To find the medicine hole from Herod's dream.
3. What does Alberta ask Herod?
(a) If Archie is crazy.
(b) If he will marry her.
(c) Where he is headed.
(d) Where he will sleep.
4. Of what does Jeannette come to the reservation full?
(a) Idealistic beliefs about the Native American culture.
(d) Prejudice towards Native Americans.
5. What is this story?
(a) A simple tale.
(b) A complexly woven tale.
(c) A fantasy tale.
(d) A boring tale.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Harley tell Pumpkin about his soul?
2. Who narrates this chapter?
3. Of whom is Charlene Thunder a descendant?
4. From where does Herod Small War tell Frank and Harley Christianity comes?
5. Who is Clara Miller?
This section contains 244 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)