|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Pumpkin feel as if she does not fit comfortably into her Native American culture?
(a) She is not Sioux.
(b) She is not from North Dakota.
(c) She is not as smart as the other members of the tribe.
(d) Her continual striving for knowledge has widened her horizons.
2. What is the setting of Grass Dancers?
(a) North Carolina and the Cherokee reservation.
(b) A field in the middle of Nebraska.
(c) North Dakota and the Sioux reservation.
(d) A city street in San Francisco
3. What is surprising about Herod's reaction to the female grass dancer?
(a) He is shocked to see a female dancer.
(b) He tells Frank to remove her from the arena.
(c) He asks for more females grass dancers.
(d) Frank is surprised that his traditional grandfather would welcome a female grass dancer.
4. How does this chapter open?
(a) In Jeannette McVay's eighth grade social studies classroom when Harley is thirteen.
(b) At Charlene's house.
(c) At a powwow.
(d) High school graduation.
5. What does Frank remember as he is telling the tale of the tricky spider?
(a) A part of the story he had left out.
(b) That he forgot his homework at home.
(c) A time when someone is going around killing reservation dogs and coyotes.
(d) A story that he wishes he had told instead.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the blond "Easterner" who comes to teach at the reservation because of her fascination with Native American culture?
2. About what does Henry hallucinate?
3. What is this story?
4. How does Charlene feel about Pumpkin's interest in Harley?
5. How does Crystal help her mother-in-law, who has arthritis?
This section contains 326 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)