|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What feelings does Mary have towards Dick?
2. With what will the geraniums grow side-by-side?
3. What does Charlie tell Dick to do with Moses?
(a) Get rid of him.
(b) Send him to work in the fields.
(c) Have him arrested.
(d) Let him work on Charlie's farm for a while to learn some discipline.
4. How many reasons does Mary have for refusing to help Dick with the farm?
5. What motivates Charlie to decide to stay for dinner?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mary refuse to show to the workers?
2. How does Dick's voice sound when he greets Charlie?
3. What does Mary do in front of Moses?
4. What does Charlie tell Dick he must do for six months?
5. When will Dick and Mary get off the farm?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Moses hold power over Mary? How does his manner change around her?
2. Describe Mary's mood and state of mind as she awakes.
3. What does Moses do to help Mary? How does Mary feel about being helped by a native?
4. Describe Dick's appearance and mood when Charlie visits him.
5. How does Mary feel about the doctor's advise? How much does the doctor charge for his services?
6. How do you think Mary really feels about Moses? Why?
7. Describe the compound where the workers and their families live.
8. How is Dick handling Mary's return?
9. How does Charlie react to the way Mary talks to Moses?
10. How does Mary's condition change?
This section contains 809 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)