|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What motivates Charlie to decide to stay for dinner?
2. How many workers does Mary manage?
(c) One hundred.
3. What will Moses do after killing Mary?
(a) Run as fast as he can.
(b) Kill Dick and Tony.
(c) Protest his innocence.
(d) Wait to be captured.
4. What do the Turners not have installed?
(a) A telephone.
(b) Cable T.V.
(c) A gas stove.
5. What can Dick and Mary apply for to pay for school fees for a child?
(a) A government grant.
(b) Second jobs.
(c) Help from charities.
(d) Social assistance.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where are Dick's parents?
2. At what level does Dick's temperature peak?
3. What type of native does Dick not like?
4. How does Mary look?
5. How does Moses comfort Mary?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do you think Mary really feels about Moses? Why?
2. Why does Charlie want the Turner farm?
3. How does Moses hold power over Mary? How does his manner change around her?
4. Describe Dick's appearance and mood when Charlie visits him.
5. How are the Turners regarded in the community?
6. What does Dick have to do to make Mary love him?
7. How, and why, does Moses seek revenge on Mary? What other motives might he have for killing Mary?
8. What new crop is being planted? How does Mary feel about it?
9. What does Moses do to help Mary? How does Mary feel about being helped by a native?
10. How does Mary feel about the doctor's advise? How much does the doctor charge for his services?
This section contains 912 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)