|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Mary react to sex with her husband?
(a) She is disgusted.
(b) She withdraws.
(c) She refuses his advances entirely.
(d) She learns to enjoy it.
2. What does Mary accuse Samson of stealing?
3. What type of clothes does Mary buy for herself?
(c) Elegant and expensive.
(d) Childish and simple.
4. How does Mary ruin her first romantic relationship?
(a) She complains and nags him until he leaves her.
(b) She runs away and cries when the man kisses her.
(c) She refuses to marry him.
(d) She cheats on her lover with another man.
5. Where did Mary live while she was single?
(a) A small shack.
(b) A girl's club.
(c) A condominium.
(d) A dormitory.
Short Answer Questions
1. What can't Mary pay?
2. How many acres of land does Dick's farm have?
3. What does Dick keep locked?
4. Who are the Afrikaners?
5. What type of work did Mary enjoy?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the Turners' reputation in the community.
2. How does Dick feel now that Mary is at the farm?
3. How do the man's remarks at the station change Mary's perception of Dick?
4. What did people in Lobengula's kingdom do when they commit a crime? What is the custom for talking about African history?
5. Of what is every white woman in South Africa brought up to be afraid?
6. What spoiled Mary's happiness with her single life?
7. How does Mary react to the first new servant?
8. Describe Mary's background and early childhood.
9. Describe the stores in South Africa and their symbolism.
10. How do people react to the newspaper article about the murder?
This section contains 831 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)