|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mary notice in the newspaper?
(a) An announcement of marriage.
(b) The death notice of an old friend.
(c) A job ad.
(d) An article on beekeeping.
2. What does Mary always do in the afternoon?
(c) Work in the store for hours.
3. How many miles does Slatter live from the Turners?
(a) Two and a half.
4. What loses a wheel?
(a) Dick's car.
(b) The wheelbarrow.
(c) The water cart.
(d) The ambulance.
5. How does Slatter notify the police about the murder?
(a) He drives there himself.
(b) Note by courier.
(d) Slatter does not notify the police.
Short Answer Questions
1. What product causes the most loss at the store?
2. What did Mary and Dick not discuss before getting married?
3. What can't Mary pay?
4. What type of clothes does Mary buy for herself?
5. How does Mary ruin her first romantic relationship?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Charlie feel about his assistant, Marston?
2. Describe Mary's background and early childhood.
3. Of what is every white woman in South Africa brought up to be afraid?
4. How does Mary's financial situation change after getting married?
5. What type of store does Dick build on the farm? What does Mary think about it?
6. How does Mary react to the first new servant?
7. What new types of farming excite Dick?
8. How does Marston feel about the murder? How does he feel about the way Slatter and the Sergeant talk to him?
9. What does Dick usually do when he fights with Mary?
10. What does Mary think influenced her decision to get married?
This section contains 826 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)