|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mary always do in the afternoon?
(b) Work in the store for hours.
2. How far away is the station from the farm?
(a) Two miles.
(b) Nine miles.
(c) Twenty-five miles.
(d) Seven miles.
3. What is the only part of the newspaper that Mary reads?
(a) Births and marriages.
(b) The sports section.
(c) The economic news.
4. What time does Dick usually go to bed?
5. What does Mary order the boy to clean?
(a) The kitchen.
(b) The floors.
(d) The bath.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who confesses to the crime?
2. Why can't Mary stay at the Girl's Club?
3. How have the last few months made Mary feel?
4. Who is Mary's first prospective husband?
5. What does Mary wish Dick would install in the house?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the Turners' reputation in the community.
2. What does Dick usually do when he fights with Mary?
3. How does Dick feel now that Mary is at the farm?
4. Describe the the Slatters' visit to the Turner farm.
5. Describe the stores in South Africa and their symbolism.
6. What type of store does Dick build on the farm? What does Mary think about it?
7. How does Marston feel about the murder? How does he feel about the way Slatter and the Sergeant talk to him?
8. Of what is every white woman in South Africa brought up to be afraid?
9. Describe Mary's background and early childhood.
10. What were the two happy times during Mary's childhood?
This section contains 815 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)