|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What month is it at the beginning of the chapter?
2. What did Mary feel nudged her awake?
(a) A hand.
(b) A foot.
(c) A prod.
(d) An elbow.
3. What does Mary suggest Dick do with the tobacco next year?
(a) Smoke it to ease their tension.
(b) Take out a huge loan and plant a massive crop.
(c) Plant no tobacco, only mealies and grains.
(d) Dry it themselves and sell it on the black market.
4. What does Dick want sent to him?
(a) A basket of fruit.
(b) Tea and sandwiches.
(c) Boiled eggs and beer.
5. How long ago did Mary attempt to run away from Dick?
(a) Six years ago.
(b) Four years ago.
(c) Five years ago.
(d) Two years ago.
6. What does Charlie tell Dick he must do for six months?
(a) Treat Moses harshly and beat him.
(b) Fertilize his soil.
(c) Keep Mary in a mental institution.
(d) Go on a holiday.
7. What does Mary do in front of Moses?
(b) Steal from Dick.
(d) Hit another servant.
8. What disease does Dick get?
9. How many workers does Mary manage?
(d) One hundred.
10. Who owns Dick's farm?
(a) The weather.
(c) Charlie Slatter.
(d) The government.
11. What type of native does Dick not like?
(a) Natives that know too much.
(b) All of the above.
(c) Natives that can read.
(d) Mission boys.
12. How does Mary look?
(a) Stoic and strong.
(b) Exhausted and angry.
(c) Beautiful in the sun.
(d) Very sick.
13. Where does Moses sit down?
(a) In the store.
(b) In the compound.
(c) On the verandah.
(d) Against a tree.
14. Where is he waiting?
(a) In town.
(b) Somewhere in the trees.
(c) In the bedroom.
(d) The veld.
15. What makes an irritating noise for Mary?
Short Answer Questions
1. For what is the main thing Charlie will use Dick's land?
2. What season does Mary feel is sent for her personally?
3. From where did Moses come?
4. What does a native give Mary?
5. What dies because of Mary's neglect?
This section contains 351 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)