|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What must Mary do while Dick is sick?
(a) Help him do everything.
(b) Get a job outside the farm.
(c) Sell vegetables on the roadside.
(d) Tend to the farm.
2. How does Dick react to Samson's departure?
(a) He hides his reaction to avoid making Mary angry.
(b) He is glad to be rid of Samson.
(c) He is angry at Samson for quitting.
(d) He is sorry to see Samson go.
3. From where did Moses come?
(b) A labor camp.
(c) The mission.
(d) The slave pens.
4. About what do Dick and Mary fight?
(a) The fact that the house has no ceilings.
(b) When they will have children.
(c) How to manage the natives.
(d) Whether or not the Slatters are good people.
5. How are Mary's usual wakings?
(a) Bright and chipper.
(b) Grey and struggling.
(c) Peaceful and rested.
(d) Dark and ominous.
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of crop is being planted on the farm?
2. What does Dick suggest Mary do instead of a vacation on the coast?
3. How many pounds does Charlie's assistant get paid?
4. In what do the workers live?
5. How much money did Dick borrow after he and Mary got married?
This section contains 220 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)