|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What changes Mary's attitude towards her life?
(a) She overhears her friends talking about how she will never get married.
(b) She learns that she was adopted.
(c) She meets a man and falls instantly in love.
(d) She wakes up one day and realizes that she is miserable.
2. What time does Dick usually go to bed?
3. What will Charlie Slatter salvage from the Turner farm when it goes under?
(b) The work animals.
(c) Chicken wire.
(d) The flooring.
4. Where did Mary live while she was single?
(a) A condominium.
(b) A small shack.
(c) A girl's club.
(d) A dormitory.
5. Where does Dick Turner first see Mary?
(a) The veld.
(b) The store.
(c) The cinema.
(d) The town dance hall.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mary do to one of the workers?
2. After reading Dick's accounting sheets, what does Mary think he is?
3. What would Mary do with groups of young people?
4. What was Mary afraid of above all else?
5. What does Samson do better than Mary?
This section contains 196 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)