|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the South African equivalent to the word "class?"
2. What did Mary and Dick not discuss before getting married?
(a) A prenuptial agreement.
(b) Where they would go for their honeymoon.
3. How does Mary communicate with natives who do not speak English?
(a) House tswana.
(b) Veld khoi.
(c) Kitchen kaffir.
(d) Verandah sotho.
4. What would Mary do with groups of young people?
(a) Go for picnics.
(b) Go on shopping sprees.
(c) Go for a walk.
(d) Go swimming.
5. How far away is the station from the farm?
(a) Twenty-five miles.
(b) Two miles.
(c) Seven miles.
(d) Nine miles.
Short Answer Questions
1. When will it rain?
2. What word best describes Dick Turner's financial situation?
3. What does Mary always do in the afternoon?
4. To what does Mary tell herself she is getting close?
5. What does Dick keep locked?
This section contains 183 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)