|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why can't Mary stay at the Girl's Club?
(a) She cannot afford their rates.
(b) The girls remember her and do not want her back.
(c) They don't take married women.
(d) Mary is too old to stay there.
2. What is the best ground on Dick's farm?
(a) The tree plantation.
(b) The potato garden.
(c) The untouched veld.
(d) The flower beds.
3. What does Mary's old boss tell her at the job interview?
(a) That she should go back to her husband.
(b) That the position has been filled.
(c) That they do not rehire people.
(d) That she is overqualified.
4. What was Mary's strength and weakness?
5. What does Mary have that Dick lacks?
(a) Patience and understanding.
(b) Energy and efficiency.
(c) Vindictiveness and ruthlessness.
(d) Strength and willpower.
Short Answer Questions
1. With what does Mary refuse to help Dick?
2. What would Mary do with groups of young people?
3. What does Dick give the workers for every hour that they are working?
4. What did Mary and Dick not discuss before getting married?
5. What symbolizes the Africa created by financiers and mine magnates?
This section contains 219 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)