|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why can't Mary stay at the Girl's Club?
(a) She cannot afford their rates.
(b) The girls remember her and do not want her back.
(c) They don't take married women.
(d) Mary is too old to stay there.
2. From where did the dance music that Mary used to listen to come?
3. What does Mary always do in the afternoon?
(d) Work in the store for hours.
4. What word best describes Dick Turner's financial situation?
5. What does Mary wrap in blankets to help keep Dick warm?
Short Answer Questions
1. How far is the farm from town?
2. To what does Mary tell herself she is getting close?
3. What loses a wheel?
4. What is Mary's refuge in the house?
5. At what time do Mary and Dick reach the farm?
This section contains 185 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)