|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who says, "I've envied you always. Come home, Dolly. Leave decisions to me: that, you see, has been my life"?
2. Whose ears does Verena box in the battle by the tree?
3. What does Riley stop to urinate on when on the outing with Collin?
4. Who is shot in the battle by the tree?
5. Who does the narrator take piano lessons from?
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the character of the Judge. What is his purpose in the novel? What symbolic references does he extol? How is he important to the action? Include descriptions of his personal characteristics and physical characteristics as well as exposition about his past.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the setting of the novel. How does the time and place of The Grass Harp affect the characters, actions, and events in the story? What mood is established through the setting?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the theme of Love in the novel. What different forms of love are represented and by whom? How does the search for love drive the characters and their actions?
This section contains 807 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)