|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Little Homer wear?
2. What do Maude and Elizabeth want Collin to come as to their Halloween party?
3. What is the prize in the competition Maude is in the finals for?
4. What is the name of the bakery from which Riley brings rolls to the tree house?
5. What do his peers nickname the baker's son?
Short Essay Questions
1. What news does Riley overhear outside the jailhouse in Chapter 4?
2. What happens when Collin and Riley return to the tree house in Chapter 4?
3. What news and provisions does Riley return with in Chapter 4?
4. What does the barber relate to Riley in Chapter 5?
5. How long does it take Riley to return to the car? Why is he angry?
6. Who arrives at the tree house in Chapter 4 to explain the latest events? What does this character relate?
7. What conversation do Collin and Dolly have once he has returned to the tree house in Chapter 4?
8. Who asks Dolly to come with them in Chapter 6? What is her response?
9. Where do Collin and Riley go in Chapter 5? Why?
10. What choice does Dolly make at the end of Chapter 6? Why?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss Racism, Sexism, and Bigotry as it relates to The Grass Harp. Which main characters does each affect? Which characters in the novel appear the most biased? How?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the different conflicts that occur in the novel. What is the overriding conflict that drives the action? What are internal conflicts within the characters? How does conflict define dramatic literature?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the theme of Love in the novel. What different forms of love are represented and by whom? How does the search for love drive the characters and their actions?
This section contains 851 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)