Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What color hair does Maude have?
2. What is the one thing that Catherine asks to have brought to her in the jail?
3. What does Riley whip his sisters with?
4. Who is the Little Homer's brother, who is with the narrator in the tree in Chapter 6?
5. What do men refer to the barber as?
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast the characters of Dolly and Verena. How are they similar? How are they different? How do the actions of these characters drive the action of the novel?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the theme of Love in the novel. What different forms of love are represented and by whom? How does the search for love drive the characters and their actions?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the use of foreshadowing in The Grass Harp. What is the purpose of foreshadowing? What are examples from the text? What effect do these examples achieve?
This section contains 181 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)