|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What color hair does Maude have?
2. What is the one thing that Catherine asks to have brought to her in the jail?
3. What does Riley whip his sisters with?
4. Who is the Little Homer's brother, who is with the narrator in the tree in Chapter 6?
5. What do men refer to the barber as?
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the theme of Trust in The Grass Harp. In which chapter is trust established between the main characters? Who prompts this event? How?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the different conflicts that occur in the novel. What is the overriding conflict that drives the action? What are internal conflicts within the characters? How does conflict define dramatic literature?
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast the characters of Dolly and Verena. How are they similar? How are they different? How do the actions of these characters drive the action of the novel?
This section contains 798 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)