Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What color hair does Maude have?
2. What is the one thing that Catherine asks to have brought to her in the jail?
3. What does Riley whip his sisters with?
4. Who is the Little Homer's brother, who is with the narrator in the tree in Chapter 6?
5. What do men refer to the barber as?
Essay Topic 1
Explain the Judge's metaphorical advice given to Riley in Chapter 3. What does the Judge say in literal terms? What is the meaning beneath it? How does it apply to other characters as well?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the theme of Alienation in The Grass Harp. Which characters manifest this theme? Why and how? How does the theme affect the action and events in the novel?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss Truman Capote's use of nature symbolism in The Grass Harp. What does the tree house symbolize? What are other examples of symbolism? Define symbolism in your answer.
This section contains 186 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)