Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What color hair does Maude have?
2. What is the one thing that Catherine asks to have brought to her in the jail?
3. What does Riley whip his sisters with?
4. Who is the Little Homer's brother, who is with the narrator in the tree in Chapter 6?
5. What do men refer to the barber as?
What is it about the narrator that sets him apart from society and the community? How is this character the protagonist? How do his actions reveal his character traits? What are his opinions of the other main characters in the novel?
Discuss the author's use of exposition and flashback techniques in The Grass Harp. What effect is achieved through flashback? What is the purpose of exposition? What does Capote reveal in the beginning of the novel through exposition?
Discuss Truman Capote's use of nature symbolism in The Grass Harp. What does the tree house symbolize? What are other examples of symbolism? Define symbolism in your answer.
This section contains 196 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)