|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Little Homer take out of his hat in Chapter 6 while in the tree?
2. What is the last name of the couple who owns the town bakery?
3. What is Maude's last name?
4. What does everyone take out that they had bought from Little Homer while in the tree in Chapter 6?
5. What is the name of the town livery?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the author's use of exposition and flashback techniques in The Grass Harp. What effect is achieved through flashback? What is the purpose of exposition? What does Capote reveal in the beginning of the novel through exposition?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the plot line of The Grass Harp. Define the terms Rising Action, Climax, and Falling Action and give examples of these from the text. How does the structure of the novel serve to create tension?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss Freedom and Choice as themes in The Grass Harp. How do these terms compare? How are they the driving action for the events in the novel? Which characters are granted with more freedom and choice than others are?
This section contains 803 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)