Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the only meat that Dolly likes?
2. What does Dolly reveal to the others in the tree house that Verena does?
3. What does the sheriff go on to become?
4. What was the name of the Judge's wife?
5. How old is the character of Catherine?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Dolly's story with the gypsy women?
2. What symbols are present in Chapter 7 prior to the death of Dolly?
3. What does Riley respond to Sister Ida's asking for Dolly's location? What does he relate to the narrator about her?
4. What is the sequence of events leading to Dolly's death? What does the narrator see that makes him know she has died?
5. What is the story behind Riley's parents?
6. What positions do the sisters whom the narrator lives with have in the town/home? Whom does the narrator gravitate toward of the two?
7. Whom does the narrator encounter while hiding out in Riley's car in Chapter 5? What does this character do?
8. How do Collin and Catherine react to Dolly's death?
9. What exposition is revealed about the Judge's education and marriage?
10. How does the Judge come to live with his sons?
Compare and contrast the characters of Dolly and Verena. How are they similar? How are they different? How do the actions of these characters drive the action of the novel?
What is it about the narrator that sets him apart from society and the community? How is this character the protagonist? How do his actions reveal his character traits? What are his opinions of the other main characters in the novel?
Discuss Racism, Sexism, and Bigotry as it relates to The Grass Harp. Which main characters does each affect? Which characters in the novel appear the most biased? How?
This section contains 901 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)