|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who uses the house boat as a hideout?
(c) The Sheriff.
(d) The Judge.
2. What does Riley stop to urinate on when on the outing with Collin?
(a) A pile of leaves.
(b) A dead animal.
3. Who strips off Riley's shirt in Chapter 6?
(b) The Judge.
(c) Sister Ida.
4. What is the one thing that Catherine asks to have brought to her in the jail?
(a) Her blanket.
(b) Her goldfish.
(c) Her embroidery.
(d) Her cat.
5. Who is the warrant of arrest for that the Sheriff brings?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is shot in the battle by the tree?
2. What does Little Homer wear?
3. Who tells Elizabeth and Maude that Catherine is arrested for hitting Mrs. Buster with a mason jar?
4. What does Verena refer to Dr. Ritz as in Chapter 6?
5. What is the name of the woman whose wagon Riley almost hits on the road in Chapter 5?
Short Essay Questions
1. What leads up to Maude's violin serenade in Chapter 4?
2. How long does it take Riley to return to the car? Why is he angry?
3. What does Collin do in Chapter 4 that gives him a feeling of pride?
4. What happens when Collin and Riley return to the tree house in Chapter 4?
5. What news and provisions does Riley return with in Chapter 4?
6. What unexpected characters does the narrator make note of who appear at the tree in Chapter 6?
7. What does Dolly tell Verena about shame in Chapter 6?
8. How and why are the evangelists run out of town?
9. How does the Judge tell the group to prepare for the battle at the tree in Chapter 6?
10. What do Riley and Collin do in the beginning of Chapter 4?
This section contains 800 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)