|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is one of the characters who drags Catherine away?
(a) Eddie Robinson.
(b) Ronald Oliver.
(c) Big Eddie Stover.
(d) James Wishton.
2. What is the prize in the competition Maude is in the finals for?
(a) A trip to Washington.
(d) College scholarship.
3. What color hair does Maude have?
4. Who strips off Riley's shirt in Chapter 6?
(a) The Judge.
(d) Sister Ida.
5. What is the name of the grocery store in the town owned by Verena?
(a) Jitney Jungle.
(b) Talbo Grocery.
(c) Verena's Grocery.
(d) Sunshine Grocery.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Riley whip his sisters with?
2. Who is the first to awaken in Chapter 4?
3. At what time does the narrator say the rain slackens in Chapter 6?
4. What does Little Homer take out of his hat in Chapter 6 while in the tree?
5. What is the name of the baker's son?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Collin and Riley return to the tree house in Chapter 4?
2. What do Riley and Collin do in the beginning of Chapter 4?
3. What does Little Homer take out in Chapter 6? What does he proceed to do with it?
4. Whom does the narrator encounter while hiding out in Riley's car in Chapter 5? What does this character do?
5. Where do Collin and Riley go in Chapter 5? Why?
6. How does the Judge tell the group to prepare for the battle at the tree in Chapter 6?
7. What leads up to Maude's violin serenade in Chapter 4?
8. How long does it take Riley to return to the car? Why is he angry?
9. How is Riley shot during the fight?
10. What does Mrs. County tell Collin inside the bakery?
This section contains 781 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)