|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the one thing that Catherine asks to have brought to her in the jail?
(a) Her cat.
(b) Her goldfish.
(c) Her blanket.
(d) Her embroidery.
2. What do Maude and Elizabeth want Collin to come as to their Halloween party?
(a) A mummy.
(b) A monster.
(c) A werewolf.
(d) A skeleton.
3. What object is used for passing around money by the traveling evangelists?
(a) The Magic Hat.
(b) The Holy Bonnett.
(c) God's Washline.
(d) The Sacret Scarf.
4. Who stands his ground in refusing to leave Dolly alone with Verena in Chapter 6?
(b) The Judge.
5. What do men refer to the barber as?
(b) Old sis.
(d) Rumor mill.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does the baker go to have a time-off beer in the town?
2. What color hair does Maude have?
3. Who is the schoolmaster at the town school?
4. How does the narrator catch the fish?
5. What is the name of one of Sister Ida's daughters?
Short Essay Questions
1. What unexpected characters does the narrator make note of who appear at the tree in Chapter 6?
2. What do Riley and Collin do in the beginning of Chapter 4?
3. What happens when Collin and Riley return to the tree house in Chapter 4?
4. How long does it take Riley to return to the car? Why is he angry?
5. What news does Riley overhear outside the jailhouse in Chapter 4?
6. Whom does the narrator encounter while hiding out in Riley's car in Chapter 5? What does this character do?
7. What does Riley respond to Sister Ida's asking for Dolly's location? What does he relate to the narrator about her?
8. What does Mrs. County tell Collin inside the bakery?
9. What choice does Dolly make at the end of Chapter 6? Why?
10. What does Sister Ida do after Riley is shot?
This section contains 848 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)