|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the narrator say it seems like the tree house is doing at the end of Chapter 6?
2. Why does Catherine leave the tree house in Chapter 4?
(a) To look for Collin.
(b) To go home.
(c) To gather food.
(d) To look for Riley.
3. Who tells Elizabeth and Maude that Catherine is arrested for hitting Mrs. Buster with a mason jar?
(a) Gus Ham.
(b) Wilbur Johnson.
(c) Riley Henderson.
(d) Uriah Talbo.
4. What object is used for passing around money by the traveling evangelists?
(a) The Magic Hat.
(b) The Holy Bonnett.
(c) The Sacret Scarf.
(d) God's Washline.
5. Who is the Little Homer's brother, who is with the narrator in the tree in Chapter 6?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the child evangelist?
2. What does Verena refer to Dr. Ritz as in Chapter 6?
3. Who accompanies the Sheriff into the woods in Chapter 4?
4. Who does the narrator find in the tree house when he returns after Catherine is taken away?
5. Who is shot in the battle by the tree?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Collin do in Chapter 4 that gives him a feeling of pride?
2. What does the barber relate to Riley in Chapter 5?
3. What conversation do Collin and Dolly have once he has returned to the tree house in Chapter 4?
4. What unexpected characters does the narrator make note of who appear at the tree in Chapter 6?
5. How does the Judge tell the group to prepare for the battle at the tree in Chapter 6?
6. What does Mrs. County tell Collin inside the bakery?
7. What leads up to Maude's violin serenade in Chapter 4?
8. What does Little Homer take out in Chapter 6? What does he proceed to do with it?
9. What does Riley respond to Sister Ida's asking for Dolly's location? What does he relate to the narrator about her?
10. How is Riley shot during the fight?
This section contains 816 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)