|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who uses the house boat as a hideout?
(a) The Sheriff.
(c) The Judge.
2. What is the prize in the competition Maude is in the finals for?
(a) A trip to Washington.
(b) College scholarship.
3. Who is shot in the battle by the tree?
(d) The Judge.
4. Who tells Elizabeth and Maude that Catherine is arrested for hitting Mrs. Buster with a mason jar?
(a) Gus Ham.
(b) Wilbur Johnson.
(c) Uriah Talbo.
(d) Riley Henderson.
5. What kind of car does Riley drive?
(d) Alfa Romeo.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Verena lean upon when approaching the tree in Chapter 6?
2. Who is approaching the tree house at the beginning of Chapter 6?
3. What is the name of the baker's son?
4. What is the town barber's name?
5. Who is the Little Homer's brother, who is with the narrator in the tree in Chapter 6?
Short Essay Questions
1. What choice does Dolly make at the end of Chapter 6? Why?
2. What does Mrs. County tell Collin inside the bakery?
3. What does Riley respond to Sister Ida's asking for Dolly's location? What does he relate to the narrator about her?
4. What leads up to Maude's violin serenade in Chapter 4?
5. What happens when Collin and Riley return to the tree house in Chapter 4?
6. How and why are the evangelists run out of town?
7. What unexpected characters does the narrator make note of who appear at the tree in Chapter 6?
8. How long does it take Riley to return to the car? Why is he angry?
9. Who arrives at the tree house in Chapter 4 to explain the latest events? What does this character relate?
10. Where do Collin and Riley go in Chapter 5? Why?
This section contains 859 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)