|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the one thing that Catherine asks to have brought to her in the jail?
(a) Her blanket.
(b) Her cat.
(c) Her embroidery.
(d) Her goldfish.
2. Who claims, "Responsible? No one is that; except ourselves" in Chapter 6?
3. What is the name of the town livery?
(a) Copper's Livery.
(b) Jackson's Livery.
(c) Talbo Livery.
(d) Johnston's Livery.
4. What is the town barber's name?
(a) Jefferey Walters.
(b) Ronald Barber.
(c) Amos Legrand.
(d) Andy Wilson.
5. What does the man whom Maudie Murphy leaves with do for a living?
(a) Sold whiskey.
(b) Sold blankets.
(c) Sold neckties.
(d) Sold detergent.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who says, "Don't you know a joke?" in Chapter 4?
2. What is Maude's last name?
3. What does Riley stop to urinate on when on the outing with Collin?
4. What do men refer to the barber as?
5. What does Verena refer to Dr. Ritz as in Chapter 6?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Sister Ida do after Riley is shot?
2. How is Riley shot during the fight?
3. How long does it take Riley to return to the car? Why is he angry?
4. Whom does the narrator encounter while hiding out in Riley's car in Chapter 5? What does this character do?
5. What leads up to Maude's violin serenade in Chapter 4?
6. What does the barber relate to Riley in Chapter 5?
7. What internal conflict does Dolly face at the end of Chapter 5?
8. What conversation do Collin and Dolly have once he has returned to the tree house in Chapter 4?
9. How and why are the evangelists run out of town?
10. What does Riley respond to Sister Ida's asking for Dolly's location? What does he relate to the narrator about her?
This section contains 855 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)