|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the man whom Maudie Murphy leaves with do for a living?
(a) Sold whiskey.
(b) Sold detergent.
(c) Sold blankets.
(d) Sold neckties.
2. Who is shot in the battle by the tree?
(d) The Judge.
3. What does Little Homer lower out of the tree in Chapter 6?
(a) A noose.
(b) A knife.
(c) A bottle rocket.
(d) A gun.
4. Who is the warrant of arrest for that the Sheriff brings?
5. How does Jack Mill die a year after the tree rebellion?
(a) Car accident.
(b) Freezing to death.
(c) He hangs himself.
(d) He is shot.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Little Homer wear?
2. Whose father teaches violin lessons?
3. What kind of fish do the narrator and Riley catch?
4. Who is known in the town as the biggest gossip?
5. What does the narrator say it seems like the tree house is doing at the end of Chapter 6?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Dolly tell Verena about shame in Chapter 6?
2. Who asks Dolly to come with them in Chapter 6? What is her response?
3. How is Riley shot during the fight?
4. What conversation do Collin and Dolly have once he has returned to the tree house in Chapter 4?
5. What does the barber relate to Riley in Chapter 5?
6. Who arrives at the tree house in Chapter 4 to explain the latest events? What does this character relate?
7. How does the Judge tell the group to prepare for the battle at the tree in Chapter 6?
8. What internal conflict does Dolly face at the end of Chapter 5?
9. What does Mrs. County tell Collin inside the bakery?
10. What does Collin do in Chapter 4 that gives him a feeling of pride?
This section contains 808 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)