|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the man whom Maudie Murphy leaves with do for a living?
(a) Sold blankets.
(b) Sold neckties.
(c) Sold detergent.
(d) Sold whiskey.
2. Who is the warrant of arrest for that the Sheriff brings?
3. Who strips off Riley's shirt in Chapter 6?
(a) The Judge.
(b) Sister Ida.
4. What does Riley stop to urinate on when on the outing with Collin?
(b) A dead animal.
(d) A pile of leaves.
5. Who says, "Don't you know a joke?" in Chapter 4?
(c) The Judge.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the narrator say it seems like the tree house is doing at the end of Chapter 6?
2. What is the name of the child evangelist?
3. Why does Catherine leave the tree house in Chapter 4?
4. Who is approaching the tree house at the beginning of Chapter 6?
5. What does Little Homer lower out of the tree in Chapter 6?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the Judge tell the group to prepare for the battle at the tree in Chapter 6?
2. What does Sister Ida do after Riley is shot?
3. What happens when Collin and Riley return to the tree house in Chapter 4?
4. What do Riley and Collin do in the beginning of Chapter 4?
5. What does Little Homer take out in Chapter 6? What does he proceed to do with it?
6. Where do Collin and Riley go in Chapter 5? Why?
7. What unexpected characters does the narrator make note of who appear at the tree in Chapter 6?
8. What does Mrs. County tell Collin inside the bakery?
9. What news and provisions does Riley return with in Chapter 4?
10. What internal conflict does Dolly face at the end of Chapter 5?
This section contains 826 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)