|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Maude and Elizabeth want Collin to come as to their Halloween party?
(a) A werewolf.
(b) A mummy.
(c) A skeleton.
(d) A monster.
2. What kind of car does Riley drive?
(b) Alfa Romeo.
3. Where does the baker go to have a time-off beer in the town?
(a) Phil's Cafe.
(b) Pete's Cafe.
(c) Joe's Tavern.
(d) Mildred's Tavern.
4. What is the name of Riley's younger sister?
5. How much has Verena given to Dr. Ritz for machinery for the old cannery?
(a) Over $50,000.
(b) Over $5,000.
(c) Over $20,000.
(d) Over $10,000.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who tells Elizabeth and Maude that Catherine is arrested for hitting Mrs. Buster with a mason jar?
2. What object is used for passing around money by the traveling evangelists?
3. What is the name of the baker's son?
4. What is the name of the woman whose wagon Riley almost hits on the road in Chapter 5?
5. Who does the narrator take piano lessons from?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who arrives at the tree house in Chapter 4 to explain the latest events? What does this character relate?
2. Where do Collin and Riley go in Chapter 5? Why?
3. Who asks Dolly to come with them in Chapter 6? What is her response?
4. How and why are the evangelists run out of town?
5. How does the Judge tell the group to prepare for the battle at the tree in Chapter 6?
6. What news and provisions does Riley return with in Chapter 4?
7. What leads up to Maude's violin serenade in Chapter 4?
8. What does Little Homer take out in Chapter 6? What does he proceed to do with it?
9. What choice does Dolly make at the end of Chapter 6? Why?
10. What news does Riley overhear outside the jailhouse in Chapter 4?
This section contains 826 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)