|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At what time does the narrator say the rain slackens in Chapter 6?
(a) Near midnight.
(b) Near dusk.
(c) Near two.
(d) Near dawn.
2. What is the name of one of Sister Ida's daughters?
(a) Texaco Gasoline.
(b) Juliet Juletta.
(c) Sister Laura.
(d) Jenny Juniper.
3. What do they take with them when leaving the tree house at the end of Chapter 6?
(a) The quilt.
(c) The food.
(d) The goldfish.
4. How does the narrator catch the fish?
(b) With a knife.
(c) With a reed.
(d) With a fishing pole.
5. What is scattered about the house boat?
(a) Fishing magazines.
(b) Women's magazines.
(c) Adventure magazines.
(d) Hunting magazines.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the prize in the competition Maude is in the finals for?
2. What kind of fish do the narrator and Riley catch?
3. What is the name of the woman whose wagon Riley almost hits on the road in Chapter 5?
4. What does Riley stop to urinate on when on the outing with Collin?
5. What does Little Homer take out of his hat in Chapter 6 while in the tree?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who arrives at the tree house in Chapter 4 to explain the latest events? What does this character relate?
2. What does Little Homer take out in Chapter 6? What does he proceed to do with it?
3. What happens when Collin and Riley return to the tree house in Chapter 4?
4. What does Riley respond to Sister Ida's asking for Dolly's location? What does he relate to the narrator about her?
5. What does Collin do in Chapter 4 that gives him a feeling of pride?
6. What leads up to Maude's violin serenade in Chapter 4?
7. What choice does Dolly make at the end of Chapter 6? Why?
8. What does Sister Ida do after Riley is shot?
9. Whom does the narrator encounter while hiding out in Riley's car in Chapter 5? What does this character do?
10. How and why are the evangelists run out of town?
This section contains 887 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)