|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the man whom Maudie Murphy leaves with do for a living?
(a) Sold blankets.
(b) Sold whiskey.
(c) Sold neckties.
(d) Sold detergent.
2. What does the narrator say it seems like the tree house is doing at the end of Chapter 6?
3. Who is the first to awaken in Chapter 4?
4. Who does the narrator take piano lessons from?
(a) Elizabeth's mother.
(b) Maude's mother.
(d) Maude's father.
5. Who does the narrator find in the tree house when he returns after Catherine is taken away?
(b) The Judge.
(c) The Sheriff.
(d) No one.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who uses the house boat as a hideout?
2. What is the name of the town livery?
3. What do Maude and Elizabeth want Collin to come as to their Halloween party?
4. What is the name of the grocery store in town that Verena does not own?
5. Who fires the gun in Chapter 6?
Short Essay Questions
1. How and why are the evangelists run out of town?
2. What does Sister Ida do after Riley is shot?
3. What choice does Dolly make at the end of Chapter 6? Why?
4. What do Riley and Collin do in the beginning of Chapter 4?
5. What conversation do Collin and Dolly have once he has returned to the tree house in Chapter 4?
6. How does the Judge tell the group to prepare for the battle at the tree in Chapter 6?
7. What news and provisions does Riley return with in Chapter 4?
8. Who arrives at the tree house in Chapter 4 to explain the latest events? What does this character relate?
9. What internal conflict does Dolly face at the end of Chapter 5?
10. What unexpected characters does the narrator make note of who appear at the tree in Chapter 6?
This section contains 844 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)