|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the grocery store in town that Verena does not own?
(a) Piggly Wiggly.
(b) Marble Grocery.
(c) Johnson Grocery.
(d) Early Bird.
2. Who is one of the characters who drags Catherine away?
(a) James Wishton.
(b) Eddie Robinson.
(c) Big Eddie Stover.
(d) Ronald Oliver.
3. Where do Riley and Collin head at the beginning of Chapter 4?
(a) Toward Verena's house.
(b) Toward the river.
(c) Toward the town.
(d) Toward the ocean.
4. Who does the narrator find in the tree house when he returns after Catherine is taken away?
(a) The Judge.
(b) The Sheriff.
(c) No one.
5. What do his peers nickname the baker's son?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Judge do while the boys are away in the town?
2. What is the name of the bakery from which Riley brings rolls to the tree house?
3. Where does the baker go to have a time-off beer in the town?
4. Who strips off Riley's shirt in Chapter 6?
5. What is Maude's last name?
Short Essay Questions
1. What choice does Dolly make at the end of Chapter 6? Why?
2. How long does it take Riley to return to the car? Why is he angry?
3. What does Little Homer take out in Chapter 6? What does he proceed to do with it?
4. What conversation do Collin and Dolly have once he has returned to the tree house in Chapter 4?
5. What does the barber relate to Riley in Chapter 5?
6. Who asks Dolly to come with them in Chapter 6? What is her response?
7. How is Riley shot during the fight?
8. How and why are the evangelists run out of town?
9. What unexpected characters does the narrator make note of who appear at the tree in Chapter 6?
10. Who arrives at the tree house in Chapter 4 to explain the latest events? What does this character relate?
This section contains 828 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)