|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Little Homer lower out of the tree in Chapter 6?
(a) A gun.
(b) A bottle rocket.
(c) A noose.
(d) A knife.
2. What is Maude's last name?
3. Who does the narrator find in the tree house when he returns after Catherine is taken away?
(b) The Sheriff.
(c) The Judge.
(d) No one.
4. What do men refer to the barber as?
(b) Old sis.
(c) Rumor mill.
5. Who is the schoolmaster at the town school?
(a) Mr. Hand.
(b) Mr. Johnson.
(c) Mr. Candle.
(d) Mr. Carmichael.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do Riley and Collin head at the beginning of Chapter 4?
2. What kind of fish do the narrator and Riley catch?
3. What object is used for passing around money by the traveling evangelists?
4. Who says, "Do I understand you've been conniving with that--woman? After she made a mockery of our name?"
5. Who fires the gun in Chapter 6?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do Riley and Collin do in the beginning of Chapter 4?
2. Where do Collin and Riley go in Chapter 5? Why?
3. How is Riley shot during the fight?
4. How does the Judge tell the group to prepare for the battle at the tree in Chapter 6?
5. What does Mrs. County tell Collin inside the bakery?
6. What does Dolly tell Verena about shame in Chapter 6?
7. What news does Riley overhear outside the jailhouse in Chapter 4?
8. What leads up to Maude's violin serenade in Chapter 4?
9. What internal conflict does Dolly face at the end of Chapter 5?
10. What choice does Dolly make at the end of Chapter 6? Why?
This section contains 784 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)