|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who strips off Riley's shirt in Chapter 6?
(a) The Judge.
(c) Sister Ida.
2. Where do Riley and Collin head at the beginning of Chapter 4?
(a) Toward the town.
(b) Toward the ocean.
(c) Toward the river.
(d) Toward Verena's house.
3. Who is the warrant of arrest for that the Sheriff brings?
4. Who is the Little Homer's brother, who is with the narrator in the tree in Chapter 6?
5. Who is the schoolmaster at the town school?
(a) Mr. Carmichael.
(b) Mr. Hand.
(c) Mr. Candle.
(d) Mr. Johnson.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of fish do the narrator and Riley catch?
2. Whose ears does Verena box in the battle by the tree?
3. Who does Verena lean upon when approaching the tree in Chapter 6?
4. Who says, "Don't you know a joke?" in Chapter 4?
5. What does the narrator say it seems like the tree house is doing at the end of Chapter 6?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where do Collin and Riley go in Chapter 5? Why?
2. How does the Judge tell the group to prepare for the battle at the tree in Chapter 6?
3. What does Little Homer take out in Chapter 6? What does he proceed to do with it?
4. Whom does the narrator encounter while hiding out in Riley's car in Chapter 5? What does this character do?
5. What internal conflict does Dolly face at the end of Chapter 5?
6. What does the barber relate to Riley in Chapter 5?
7. What does Collin do in Chapter 4 that gives him a feeling of pride?
8. What do Riley and Collin do in the beginning of Chapter 4?
9. What leads up to Maude's violin serenade in Chapter 4?
10. What does Mrs. County tell Collin inside the bakery?
This section contains 784 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)