|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose ears does Verena box in the battle by the tree?
(c) The Sheriff's.
2. What is the name of one of Sister Ida's daughters?
(a) Juliet Juletta.
(b) Texaco Gasoline.
(c) Sister Laura.
(d) Jenny Juniper.
3. Who claims, "Responsible? No one is that; except ourselves" in Chapter 6?
4. What is the last name of the couple who owns the town bakery?
5. Who is known in the town as the biggest gossip?
(a) The barber.
(b) The baker.
(c) The cobbler.
(d) The Sheriff.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the bakery from which Riley brings rolls to the tree house?
2. What does Riley whip his sisters with?
3. What does Little Homer take out of his hat in Chapter 6 while in the tree?
4. What does Riley stop to urinate on when on the outing with Collin?
5. On what date does Chapter 5 begin?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Dolly tell Verena about shame in Chapter 6?
2. How long does it take Riley to return to the car? Why is he angry?
3. What does Little Homer take out in Chapter 6? What does he proceed to do with it?
4. How does the Judge tell the group to prepare for the battle at the tree in Chapter 6?
5. Where do Collin and Riley go in Chapter 5? Why?
6. What news does Riley overhear outside the jailhouse in Chapter 4?
7. What does Collin do in Chapter 4 that gives him a feeling of pride?
8. Who asks Dolly to come with them in Chapter 6? What is her response?
9. What do Riley and Collin do in the beginning of Chapter 4?
10. What unexpected characters does the narrator make note of who appear at the tree in Chapter 6?
This section contains 760 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)