|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do men refer to the barber as?
(b) Old sis.
(c) Rumor mill.
2. Who is the first to awaken in Chapter 4?
3. Who is the schoolmaster at the town school?
(a) Mr. Johnson.
(b) Mr. Carmichael.
(c) Mr. Candle.
(d) Mr. Hand.
4. Where does Dolly take Verena in Chapter 6?
(a) Into their house.
(b) Into the tree.
(c) Down to the river.
(d) Into the hospital.
5. What does the man whom Maudie Murphy leaves with do for a living?
(a) Sold whiskey.
(b) Sold neckties.
(c) Sold detergent.
(d) Sold blankets.
Short Answer Questions
1. At what time does the narrator say the rain slackens in Chapter 6?
2. Who does the narrator take piano lessons from?
3. Who is approaching the tree house at the beginning of Chapter 6?
4. Who says, "I've envied you always. Come home, Dolly. Leave decisions to me: that, you see, has been my life"?
5. Who is the warrant of arrest for that the Sheriff brings?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Mrs. County tell Collin inside the bakery?
2. What happens when Collin and Riley return to the tree house in Chapter 4?
3. How does the Judge tell the group to prepare for the battle at the tree in Chapter 6?
4. What conversation do Collin and Dolly have once he has returned to the tree house in Chapter 4?
5. What does Collin do in Chapter 4 that gives him a feeling of pride?
6. Who arrives at the tree house in Chapter 4 to explain the latest events? What does this character relate?
7. Whom does the narrator encounter while hiding out in Riley's car in Chapter 5? What does this character do?
8. What leads up to Maude's violin serenade in Chapter 4?
9. What do Riley and Collin do in the beginning of Chapter 4?
10. How is Riley shot during the fight?
This section contains 810 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)