|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the narrator say it seems like the tree house is doing at the end of Chapter 6?
2. Where does the baker go to have a time-off beer in the town?
(a) Mildred's Tavern.
(b) Pete's Cafe.
(c) Joe's Tavern.
(d) Phil's Cafe.
3. What does Riley whip his sisters with?
(a) A paddle.
(b) A switch.
(c) A tennis shoe.
(d) A belt.
4. What object is used for passing around money by the traveling evangelists?
(a) God's Washline.
(b) The Magic Hat.
(c) The Holy Bonnett.
(d) The Sacret Scarf.
5. Who tells Elizabeth and Maude that Catherine is arrested for hitting Mrs. Buster with a mason jar?
(a) Uriah Talbo.
(b) Gus Ham.
(c) Riley Henderson.
(d) Wilbur Johnson.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the bakery from which Riley brings rolls to the tree house?
2. Who is approaching the tree house at the beginning of Chapter 6?
3. Who uses the house boat as a hideout?
4. Why does Catherine leave the tree house in Chapter 4?
5. What does Judge do while the boys are away in the town?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Riley respond to Sister Ida's asking for Dolly's location? What does he relate to the narrator about her?
2. What unexpected characters does the narrator make note of who appear at the tree in Chapter 6?
3. What leads up to Maude's violin serenade in Chapter 4?
4. Who arrives at the tree house in Chapter 4 to explain the latest events? What does this character relate?
5. What does the barber relate to Riley in Chapter 5?
6. How is Riley shot during the fight?
7. What does Dolly tell Verena about shame in Chapter 6?
8. What internal conflict does Dolly face at the end of Chapter 5?
9. What does Sister Ida do after Riley is shot?
10. How does the Judge tell the group to prepare for the battle at the tree in Chapter 6?
This section contains 865 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)