|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the warrant of arrest for that the Sheriff brings?
2. Who strips off Riley's shirt in Chapter 6?
(a) The Judge.
(d) Sister Ida.
3. What is the name of the baker's son?
4. What kind of fish do the narrator and Riley catch?
5. Where do Riley and Collin head at the beginning of Chapter 4?
(a) Toward the ocean.
(b) Toward the town.
(c) Toward Verena's house.
(d) Toward the river.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Little Homer lower out of the tree in Chapter 6?
2. What does Judge do while the boys are away in the town?
3. Who is one of the characters who drags Catherine away?
4. Who says, "I'm feeling old, I want my sister"?
5. What does Riley whip his sisters with?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who asks Dolly to come with them in Chapter 6? What is her response?
2. How is Riley shot during the fight?
3. What choice does Dolly make at the end of Chapter 6? Why?
4. How does the Judge tell the group to prepare for the battle at the tree in Chapter 6?
5. What news does Riley overhear outside the jailhouse in Chapter 4?
6. Who arrives at the tree house in Chapter 4 to explain the latest events? What does this character relate?
7. What does Dolly tell Verena about shame in Chapter 6?
8. What news and provisions does Riley return with in Chapter 4?
9. How and why are the evangelists run out of town?
10. Whom does the narrator encounter while hiding out in Riley's car in Chapter 5? What does this character do?
This section contains 784 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)