|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of one of Sister Ida's daughters?
(a) Juliet Juletta.
(b) Jenny Juniper.
(c) Texaco Gasoline.
(d) Sister Laura.
2. What does Little Homer take out of his hat in Chapter 6 while in the tree?
(a) A knife.
(b) A rope.
(c) A gun.
3. On what date does Chapter 5 begin?
(a) October 1.
(b) November 1.
(c) November 2.
(d) October 20.
4. What color hair does Maude have?
5. How does the narrator catch the fish?
(b) With a knife.
(c) With a fishing pole.
(d) With a reed.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Riley's younger sister?
2. What is scattered about the house boat?
3. What does Judge do while the boys are away in the town?
4. What is the name of the child evangelist?
5. Which character says, "At home, in the kitchen, there is a geranium that blooms over and over. Some plants, though, they bloom just once, if at all, and nothing more happens to them. They live, but they've had their life"?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Mrs. County tell Collin inside the bakery?
2. What does Collin do in Chapter 4 that gives him a feeling of pride?
3. What do Riley and Collin do in the beginning of Chapter 4?
4. What does Riley respond to Sister Ida's asking for Dolly's location? What does he relate to the narrator about her?
5. Who asks Dolly to come with them in Chapter 6? What is her response?
6. What news does Riley overhear outside the jailhouse in Chapter 4?
7. What choice does Dolly make at the end of Chapter 6? Why?
8. Whom does the narrator encounter while hiding out in Riley's car in Chapter 5? What does this character do?
9. How and why are the evangelists run out of town?
10. How long does it take Riley to return to the car? Why is he angry?
This section contains 851 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)