|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does the narrator find in the tree house when he returns after Catherine is taken away?
(b) The Judge.
(c) No one.
(d) The Sheriff.
2. What kind of fish do the narrator and Riley catch?
3. What object is used for passing around money by the traveling evangelists?
(a) The Holy Bonnett.
(b) The Sacret Scarf.
(c) God's Washline.
(d) The Magic Hat.
4. Who is the schoolmaster at the town school?
(a) Mr. Johnson.
(b) Mr. Carmichael.
(c) Mr. Hand.
(d) Mr. Candle.
5. Who is one of the characters who drags Catherine away?
(a) Big Eddie Stover.
(b) Eddie Robinson.
(c) James Wishton.
(d) Ronald Oliver.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do his peers nickname the baker's son?
2. How does the narrator catch the fish?
3. Whose ears does Verena box in the battle by the tree?
4. Who is the Little Homer's brother, who is with the narrator in the tree in Chapter 6?
5. What do Maude and Elizabeth want Collin to come as to their Halloween party?
Short Essay Questions
1. How and why are the evangelists run out of town?
2. What conversation do Collin and Dolly have once he has returned to the tree house in Chapter 4?
3. What does Mrs. County tell Collin inside the bakery?
4. What unexpected characters does the narrator make note of who appear at the tree in Chapter 6?
5. What internal conflict does Dolly face at the end of Chapter 5?
6. What happens when Collin and Riley return to the tree house in Chapter 4?
7. How long does it take Riley to return to the car? Why is he angry?
8. How is Riley shot during the fight?
9. What does the barber relate to Riley in Chapter 5?
10. Who asks Dolly to come with them in Chapter 6? What is her response?
This section contains 850 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)