|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the younger sister with whom the narrator goes to stay?
2. What ethnicity does Catherine claim to be?
(a) American Indian.
(c) African American.
3. Whose esteem does the Judge not enjoy?
(a) His daughters'.
(b) His wife's.
(c) His sons'.
(d) His father's.
4. How old is Dolly?
5. Who says, "I don't believe in locking drawers--seems strange a man can't live without keys in what was at least once his own house"?
(a) The Judge.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the sheriff of the town?
2. Where do Maudie and her husband go on their honeymoon?
3. For how much does a bottle of Dolly's potion sell?
4. How old is Riley when he comes to live in the town?
5. What does Riley pass around to the others in the tree house in Chapter 2?
Short Essay Questions
1. What exposition is revealed about the Judge's education and marriage?
2. How does the Judge counsel Riley in Chapter 3?
3. What "secret" does Catherine reveal in Chapter 3?
4. What happens at the end of Chapter 2?
5. What causes Verena's interest in the dropsy cure?
6. Why is the narrator envious of Riley? What responsibilities does Riley have?
7. What is Catherine's take on love in Chapter 3? How does her comment change the conversation?
8. Who tells the narrator about the grass harp? What is it?
9. What "secret" does the Judge reveal in Chapter 3?
10. What events lead up to the departure of Dolly, Catherine, and Collin for the tree house?
This section contains 781 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)