|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old is Dolly?
2. How old is the narrator when he goes to stay with his father's cousins?
3. What is the Reverend's last name?
4. Who teaches Catherine how to make her secret potion?
(a) Her grandmother.
(b) A minister's wife.
(c) A voodoo witch.
(d) A gypsy.
5. What is Dolly's potion made to cure?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is the Judge's wife buried?
2. What is Riley hunting in the woods in Chapter 2?
3. What color is the car that Riley drives?
4. Where does Riley's uncle go?
5. What is the father's name of the sisters with whom the narrator went to live?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the Judge come to live with his sons?
2. What does Dolly tell Verena about shame in Chapter 6?
3. What positions do the sisters whom the narrator lives with have in the town/home? Whom does the narrator gravitate toward of the two?
4. What causes Verena's interest in the dropsy cure?
5. Where does the Judge end up after the tree incident? Who becomes ill?
6. What exposition is revealed about the Judge's education and marriage?
7. What is the group's first interaction with Riley in Chapter 2?
8. Who helps Collin with his costume? How does it come out?
9. What conversation do Collin and Dolly have once he has returned to the tree house in Chapter 4?
10. How does the Judge counsel Riley in Chapter 3?
This section contains 761 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)