|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who comes to the narrator's house the day after his mother's funeral?
2. What is the last name of the sisters with whom the protagonist goes to live?
3. Whose esteem does the Judge not enjoy?
(a) His sons'.
(b) His daughters'.
(c) His wife's.
(d) His father's.
4. What are the last words of the Judge's wife?
(b) "I love you."
(c) "Happy happy happy."
5. Where do Maudie and her husband go on their honeymoon?
(b) The Grand Canyon.
(c) The French Riviera.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the father's name of the sisters with whom the narrator went to live?
2. How old is the character of Catherine?
3. What does the sheriff go on to become?
4. What is the name of the sheriff of the town?
5. Who says, "I don't believe in locking drawers--seems strange a man can't live without keys in what was at least once his own house"?
Short Essay Questions
1. What "secret" does Catherine reveal in Chapter 3?
2. What "secret" does the Judge reveal in Chapter 3?
3. What does the Judge speak of regarding trust in Chapter 3?
4. Why is the narrator envious of Riley? What responsibilities does Riley have?
5. What is the story behind Riley's parents?
6. How does the law get involved in the matter between Dolly and Verena?
7. Describe the differences between Dolly and Verena's mannerisms and bedrooms.
8. How does the Judge come to live with his sons?
9. What happens at the end of Chapter 2?
10. How does Catherine come to stay on the Talbo property? Describe this character.
This section contains 807 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)