|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is the little girl to whom the Judge wrote?
2. What does the sheriff go on to become?
(a) A senator.
(b) A governor.
(c) A president.
(d) A mayor.
3. Where had the Judge's wife been from?
4. Whose esteem does the Judge not enjoy?
(a) His wife's.
(b) His father's.
(c) His sons'.
(d) His daughters'.
5. What does the Judge refer to their group as in Chapter 3?
(a) Five fools in a tree.
(b) Five birds.
(c) Five strangers.
(d) Five lost souls.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which character has begun to weep at the beginning of Chapter 3?
2. Who takes Dolly's hand at the end of Chapter 3?
3. Who comes to the narrator's house the day after his mother's funeral?
4. What is Catherine's last name?
5. For how much does a bottle of Dolly's potion sell?
Short Essay Questions
1. What positions do the sisters whom the narrator lives with have in the town/home? Whom does the narrator gravitate toward of the two?
2. What does the Judge speak of regarding trust in Chapter 3?
3. Why is the narrator envious of Riley? What responsibilities does Riley have?
4. What "secret" does the Judge reveal in Chapter 3?
5. What is the story behind Riley's parents?
6. What exposition is revealed about the Judge's education and marriage?
7. What "secret" does Catherine reveal in Chapter 3?
8. How does the Judge come to live with his sons?
9. What happened to Riley's uncle?
10. How does Dolly react to the Sheriff's demands? What does the Judge do?
This section contains 737 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)