|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Judge call Dorothy fondly in Chapter 3?
(a) A gypsy.
(b) A tart.
(c) A pagan.
(d) A rebel.
2. What is the only meat that Dolly likes?
(d) Chicken brain.
3. Where is the little girl to whom the Judge wrote?
4. Who says, "How could you care about one girl? Have you ever cared about one leaf?"
(a) The Judge.
5. How old is the narrator when he goes to stay with his father's cousins?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Catherine refer to Verena as?
2. What does the narrator spy upon Dolly writing in her room?
3. Whose esteem does the Judge not enjoy?
4. What is the father's name of the sisters with whom the narrator went to live?
5. What does Riley pass around to the others in the tree house in Chapter 2?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens at the end of Chapter 2?
2. What news and provisions does Riley return with in Chapter 4?
3. What causes Verena's interest in the dropsy cure?
4. What is the group's first interaction with Riley in Chapter 2?
5. What does the tree house gang do while the buzz is going on in the town in Chapter 2?
6. What symbols are present in Chapter 7 prior to the death of Dolly?
7. Where do Collin and Riley go in Chapter 5? Why?
8. What events lead up to the departure of Dolly, Catherine, and Collin for the tree house?
9. How is Riley shot during the fight?
10. What does Verena buy for Dolly in Chapter 7? Why?
This section contains 778 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)