|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Dolly want to give Catherine for her birthday in Chapter 1?
(a) A doll.
(b) A bouquet.
(d) A bracelet.
2. Who used to deliver the papers?
(a) John Lambert.
(b) John Tilly.
(c) Paul Jimson.
(d) Sal Rosewater.
3. How old is the Judge in the picture he sent to the girl in his letters?
4. Who comes to the narrator's house the day after his mother's funeral?
5. What room is the narrator unable to spy upon from the attic?
(a) The parlor.
(b) Dolly's room.
(c) Verena's room.
(d) The kitchen.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who tells the narrator about the grass harp?
2. What does the girl from the Judge's letters send him when he tells her he is going to law school?
3. Where is the Judge's wife buried?
4. How old is Dolly?
5. What does Catherine refer to Verena as?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Dolly react to the Sheriff's demands? What does the Judge do?
2. What happened to Riley's uncle?
3. What happens at the end of Chapter 2?
4. What is Riley's confession in Chapter 3?
5. What is Dolly's story with the gypsy women?
6. What "secret" does the Judge reveal in Chapter 3?
7. What does the Judge make of Dolly in Chapter 3?
8. What does the tree house gang do while the buzz is going on in the town in Chapter 2?
9. What does the Judge speak of regarding trust in Chapter 3?
10. How does the narrator's father feel about Verena and Dolly? How does the narrator come to live with them?
This section contains 787 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)