|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the young girl the Judge wrote to in letters?
(a) Sarah Welsh.
(b) Heather Falls.
(c) Emily Ross.
(d) Elizabeth Stewart.
2. Who used to deliver the papers?
(a) Paul Jimson.
(b) John Lambert.
(c) John Tilly.
(d) Sal Rosewater.
3. What does Dolly reveal to the others in the tree house that Verena does?
(a) Sneaks food at night.
(b) Smokes a pipe.
(c) Dates a man.
4. If it hadn't been for whom, no one would have known that they were in the tree?
5. Who teaches Catherine how to make her secret potion?
(a) A gypsy.
(b) A minister's wife.
(c) Her grandmother.
(d) A voodoo witch.
Short Answer Questions
1. What color is the car that Riley drives?
2. Where is the girl from that Riley says he's been dating for over a year?
3. What was the name of the Judge's wife?
4. Who says, "I don't believe in locking drawers--seems strange a man can't live without keys in what was at least once his own house"?
5. What is the name of Riley's mother?
Short Essay Questions
1. What events lead up to the departure of Dolly, Catherine, and Collin for the tree house?
2. What is the group's first interaction with Riley in Chapter 2?
3. How does the narrator's father feel about Verena and Dolly? How does the narrator come to live with them?
4. What does the Judge make of Dolly in Chapter 3?
5. What "secret" does the Judge reveal in Chapter 3?
6. Describe the differences between Dolly and Verena's mannerisms and bedrooms.
7. How does the Judge come to live with his sons?
8. What does the Judge speak of regarding trust in Chapter 3?
9. What does the tree house gang do while the buzz is going on in the town in Chapter 2?
10. How does the Judge counsel Riley in Chapter 3?
This section contains 838 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)