|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Riley pass around to the others in the tree house in Chapter 2?
(c) Bread rolls.
2. Where is Riley born?
3. What position does Riley's uncle hold in the town?
(a) Justice of the Peace.
(c) County Judge.
(d) Bakery owner.
4. What does the Judge refer to their group as in Chapter 3?
(a) Five strangers.
(b) Five lost souls.
(c) Five fools in a tree.
(d) Five birds.
5. Who says, "But Judge, I'm not sure I know what it is you have in mind we should tell each other. Secrets?"
Short Answer Questions
1. Who says, "I'm no man with a dozen faces; the notion"?
2. Who says, "How could you care about one girl? Have you ever cared about one leaf?"
3. What does the narrator spy upon Dolly writing in her room?
4. What is Dolly's potion made to cure?
5. What is the father's name of the sisters with whom the narrator went to live?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Dolly declare about love in Chapter 3?
2. How does Catherine come to stay on the Talbo property? Describe this character.
3. What "secret" does the Judge reveal in Chapter 3?
4. What is Riley's confession in Chapter 3?
5. What happened to Riley's uncle?
6. What is Catherine's take on love in Chapter 3? How does her comment change the conversation?
7. What does the tree house gang do while the buzz is going on in the town in Chapter 2?
8. What positions do the sisters whom the narrator lives with have in the town/home? Whom does the narrator gravitate toward of the two?
9. What events lead up to the departure of Dolly, Catherine, and Collin for the tree house?
10. Who tells the narrator about the grass harp? What is it?
This section contains 851 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)