|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who says, "How could you care about one girl? Have you ever cared about one leaf?"
(b) The Judge.
2. What townswoman has come with the Sheriff, Minister, and Judge to the tree house in Chapter 2?
(a) Mary Wilson.
(b) Maude County.
(c) Sarah Wheeler.
(d) Macy Wheeler.
3. How old is the character of Catherine?
(a) About sixty.
(b) About seventy.
(c) About forty.
(d) About fifty.
4. How old is the narrator when he goes to stay with his father's cousins?
5. Where had the Judge's wife been from?
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is the young girl to whom the Judge wrote?
2. What is the father's name of the sisters with whom the narrator went to live?
3. Who tells the narrator about the grass harp?
4. How does the narrator's father die?
5. Whose esteem does the Judge not enjoy?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Dolly's story with the gypsy women?
2. What "secret" does Catherine reveal in Chapter 3?
3. How does the Judge come to live with his sons?
4. What is the story behind Riley's parents?
5. What does Dolly declare about love in Chapter 3?
6. What happens at the end of Chapter 2?
7. Describe the differences between Dolly and Verena's mannerisms and bedrooms.
8. How does Dolly react to the Sheriff's demands? What does the Judge do?
9. What is the group's first interaction with Riley in Chapter 2?
10. What is Catherine's take on love in Chapter 3? How does her comment change the conversation?
This section contains 793 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)