|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Verena meet Dr. Ritz?
(a) New York.
(c) New Orleans.
(d) St. Louis.
2. How does the narrator's father die?
(a) Car accident.
(d) House fire.
3. What is the Judge's last name?
4. Who teaches Catherine how to make her secret potion?
(a) A voodoo witch.
(b) A minister's wife.
(c) A gypsy.
(d) Her grandmother.
5. How old is the Judge in the picture he sent to the girl in his letters?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who comes to the narrator's house to pack his belongings in Chapter 1?
2. Where is the man who asked Catherine to marry him?
3. Who says, "But Judge, I'm not sure I know what it is you have in mind we should tell each other. Secrets?"
4. How old is the protagonist when the tree rebellion takes place?
5. How old is the young girl to whom the Judge wrote?
Short Essay Questions
1. What positions do the sisters whom the narrator lives with have in the town/home? Whom does the narrator gravitate toward of the two?
2. What does Little Homer take out in Chapter 6? What does he proceed to do with it?
3. Where does the Judge end up after the tree incident? Who becomes ill?
4. What events lead up to the departure of Dolly, Catherine, and Collin for the tree house?
5. Who asks Dolly to come with them in Chapter 6? What is her response?
6. What news does Riley overhear outside the jailhouse in Chapter 4?
7. Describe the differences between Dolly and Verena's mannerisms and bedrooms.
8. What does the barber relate to Riley in Chapter 5?
9. How does Catherine come to stay on the Talbo property? Describe this character.
10. What does the Judge speak of regarding trust in Chapter 3?
This section contains 844 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)