|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the young girl the Judge wrote to in letters?
(a) Sarah Welsh.
(b) Emily Ross.
(c) Elizabeth Stewart.
(d) Heather Falls.
2. What is the only meat that Dolly likes?
(a) Chicken brain.
3. In what state does the novel take place?
4. What is the narrator's name?
(a) Collin Talbo.
(b) Riley Talbo.
(c) Collin Fenwick.
(d) Michael Fenwick.
5. Who has been the Judge's one true friend?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who takes Dolly's hand at the end of Chapter 3?
2. What is the Judge's last name?
3. Who tells the Judge in Chapter 2, "If you weren't so old, I'd damn well knock you down"?
4. What does the Judge recall Dolly not having as a child?
5. Who says, "I'm no man with a dozen faces; the notion"?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Elizabeth remind Collin of in Chapter 7? What does he do?
2. How does the narrator's father feel about Verena and Dolly? How does the narrator come to live with them?
3. Where does the Judge end up after the tree incident? Who becomes ill?
4. How does the Judge counsel Riley in Chapter 3?
5. What news does Riley overhear outside the jailhouse in Chapter 4?
6. What does Mrs. County tell Collin inside the bakery?
7. How is Riley shot during the fight?
8. Who arrives at the tree house in Chapter 4 to explain the latest events? What does this character relate?
9. What is the story behind Riley's parents?
10. What does Sister Ida do after Riley is shot?
This section contains 796 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)