|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who tells the Judge in Chapter 2, "If you weren't so old, I'd damn well knock you down"?
2. What does Riley pass around to the others in the tree house in Chapter 2?
(c) Bread rolls.
3. What kind of cemetery is near the China tree?
4. What does the Judge call Dorothy fondly in Chapter 3?
(a) A pagan.
(b) A gypsy.
(c) A tart.
(d) A rebel.
5. What is Catherine's last name?
Short Answer Questions
1. What color is the car that Riley drives?
2. What is Dolly's potion made to cure?
3. How much money does the protagonist's party have in the tree?
4. Who takes Dolly's hand at the end of Chapter 3?
5. What position does Riley's uncle hold in the town?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Dolly's story with the gypsy women?
2. How does Dolly react to the Sheriff's demands? What does the Judge do?
3. What is the story behind Riley's parents?
4. What does Dolly declare about love in Chapter 3?
5. What causes Verena's interest in the dropsy cure?
6. How does the narrator's father feel about Verena and Dolly? How does the narrator come to live with them?
7. Why do Catherine and Dolly go into the woods once a week?
8. What happened to Riley's uncle?
9. What is Catherine's take on love in Chapter 3? How does her comment change the conversation?
10. What does the Judge make of Dolly in Chapter 3?
This section contains 769 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)