|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the narrator spy upon Dolly writing in her room?
(b) A novel.
2. Where does Riley's uncle go?
(d) New Orleans.
3. What is the name of Riley's sister who is in the protagonist's class in school?
4. In what state does the novel take place?
5. Who says, "I don't believe in locking drawers--seems strange a man can't live without keys in what was at least once his own house"?
(c) The Judge.
Short Answer Questions
1. What ethnicity does Catherine claim to be?
2. What does the Judge call Dorothy fondly in Chapter 3?
3. Where does Verena meet Dr. Ritz?
4. Where is the man who asked Catherine to marry him?
5. Where do Maudie and her husband go on their honeymoon?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the law get involved in the matter between Dolly and Verena?
2. What events lead up to the departure of Dolly, Catherine, and Collin for the tree house?
3. How does the Judge come to live with his sons?
4. Describe the differences between Dolly and Verena's mannerisms and bedrooms.
5. What is Dolly's story with the gypsy women?
6. What positions do the sisters whom the narrator lives with have in the town/home? Whom does the narrator gravitate toward of the two?
7. How does Catherine come to stay on the Talbo property? Describe this character.
8. How does the Judge counsel Riley in Chapter 3?
9. What does Dolly declare about love in Chapter 3?
10. What does the Judge make of Dolly in Chapter 3?
This section contains 845 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)