|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of Riley's uncle?
(a) Charles Cool.
(b) Junius Candle.
(c) Horace Holton.
(d) Morris Ritz.
2. Where is the Judge's wife buried?
3. What does the Judge call Dorothy fondly in Chapter 3?
(a) A tart.
(b) A pagan.
(c) A rebel.
(d) A gypsy.
4. How old is the protagonist when the tree rebellion takes place?
5. What is the name of the young girl the Judge wrote to in letters?
(a) Heather Falls.
(b) Sarah Welsh.
(c) Emily Ross.
(d) Elizabeth Stewart.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does the narrator suggest they go to live in Chapter 2?
2. Who tells the narrator about the grass harp?
3. Who takes Dolly's hand at the end of Chapter 3?
4. What is the father's name of the sisters with whom the narrator went to live?
5. Where is the entrance to the attic?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the tree house gang do while the buzz is going on in the town in Chapter 2?
2. What happens at the end of Chapter 2?
3. What causes Verena's interest in the dropsy cure?
4. What does the Judge speak of regarding trust in Chapter 3?
5. What positions do the sisters whom the narrator lives with have in the town/home? Whom does the narrator gravitate toward of the two?
6. How does the narrator's father feel about Verena and Dolly? How does the narrator come to live with them?
7. What is the group's first interaction with Riley in Chapter 2?
8. What "secret" does the Judge reveal in Chapter 3?
9. Why do Catherine and Dolly go into the woods once a week?
10. What is the story behind Riley's parents?
This section contains 794 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)