|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the narrator spy upon Dolly writing in her room?
(c) A novel.
2. Where does Riley's uncle go?
(b) New Orleans.
3. Who says, "I don't believe in locking drawers--seems strange a man can't live without keys in what was at least once his own house"?
(b) The Judge.
4. How old is Dolly?
5. Who takes Dolly's hand at the end of Chapter 3?
(b) The Judge.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does the narrator suggest they go to live in Chapter 2?
2. If it hadn't been for whom, no one would have known that they were in the tree?
3. How much money does the protagonist's party have in the tree?
4. What is the name of Riley's mother?
5. Who is the richest person in the town?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is the narrator envious of Riley? What responsibilities does Riley have?
2. Describe the differences between Dolly and Verena's mannerisms and bedrooms.
3. How does the law get involved in the matter between Dolly and Verena?
4. Why do Catherine and Dolly go into the woods once a week?
5. What is the story behind Riley's parents?
6. What events lead up to the departure of Dolly, Catherine, and Collin for the tree house?
7. How does Dolly react to the Sheriff's demands? What does the Judge do?
8. What "secret" does the Judge reveal in Chapter 3?
9. What is Riley's confession in Chapter 3?
10. What is the group's first interaction with Riley in Chapter 2?
This section contains 779 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)