|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is the girl from that Riley says he's been dating for over a year?
(c) Rolling Rock.
2. If it hadn't been for whom, no one would have known that they were in the tree?
3. What was the name of the Judge's wife?
4. Who tells the Judge in Chapter 2, "If you weren't so old, I'd damn well knock you down"?
5. In what state does the novel take place?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Riley's uncle go?
2. What kind of grass blows in the grass harp?
3. What is the name of the Minister's wife?
4. What color is Dolly's room painted?
5. Who comes to the narrator's house to pack his belongings in Chapter 1?
Short Essay Questions
1. What "secret" does Catherine reveal in Chapter 3?
2. What events lead up to the departure of Dolly, Catherine, and Collin for the tree house?
3. What happens at the end of Chapter 2?
4. How does the Judge counsel Riley in Chapter 3?
5. What does Dolly declare about love in Chapter 3?
6. Why do Catherine and Dolly go into the woods once a week?
7. What is Catherine's take on love in Chapter 3? How does her comment change the conversation?
8. What does the Judge make of Dolly in Chapter 3?
9. What is the group's first interaction with Riley in Chapter 2?
10. Who tells the narrator about the grass harp? What is it?
This section contains 776 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)