|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who used to deliver the papers?
(a) Sal Rosewater.
(b) Paul Jimson.
(c) John Tilly.
(d) John Lambert.
2. What is the name of Riley's mother?
3. What was the name of the Judge's wife?
4. What is the name of the man who writes Catherine to ask her to marry him?
5. Who comes to the narrator's house the day after his mother's funeral?
Short Answer Questions
1. If it hadn't been for whom, no one would have known that they were in the tree?
2. Which character has begun to weep at the beginning of Chapter 3?
3. What is the name of the young girl the Judge wrote to in letters?
4. Who says, "I'm no man with a dozen faces; the notion"?
5. Where is the girl from that Riley says he's been dating for over a year?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happened to Riley's uncle?
2. Who tells the narrator about the grass harp? What is it?
3. How does the law get involved in the matter between Dolly and Verena?
4. What does Dolly declare about love in Chapter 3?
5. Who packs the narrator's belongings in Chapter 1? How does he end up staying at the Talbo house indefinitely?
6. What does the tree house gang do while the buzz is going on in the town in Chapter 2?
7. How does Catherine come to stay on the Talbo property? Describe this character.
8. Why is the narrator envious of Riley? What responsibilities does Riley have?
9. Why do Catherine and Dolly go into the woods once a week?
10. What positions do the sisters whom the narrator lives with have in the town/home? Whom does the narrator gravitate toward of the two?
This section contains 818 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)