|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who has been the Judge's one true friend?
2. Which character has begun to weep at the beginning of Chapter 3?
3. Who says, "I don't believe in locking drawers--seems strange a man can't live without keys in what was at least once his own house"?
(d) The Judge.
4. Where did the Judge go to school?
5. What does Catherine refer to Verena as?
(a) The Old Bat.
(b) The Spinster.
(c) The Devil.
(d) That One.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who says, "I'm no man with a dozen faces; the notion"?
2. How old is Dolly?
3. Where is the man who asked Catherine to marry him?
4. Who tells the narrator about the grass harp?
5. What does the Judge recall Dolly not having as a child?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who tells the narrator about the grass harp? What is it?
2. What exposition is revealed about the Judge's education and marriage?
3. How does the Judge counsel Riley in Chapter 3?
4. What is the group's first interaction with Riley in Chapter 2?
5. What positions do the sisters whom the narrator lives with have in the town/home? Whom does the narrator gravitate toward of the two?
6. How does the law get involved in the matter between Dolly and Verena?
7. How does the Judge come to live with his sons?
8. How does the narrator's father feel about Verena and Dolly? How does the narrator come to live with them?
9. Why do Catherine and Dolly go into the woods once a week?
10. What is Riley's confession in Chapter 3?
This section contains 781 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)