Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the only meat that Dolly likes?
(d) Chicken brain.
2. What does Dolly reveal to the others in the tree house that Verena does?
(a) Smokes a pipe.
(c) Sneaks food at night.
(d) Dates a man.
3. What does the sheriff go on to become?
(a) A governor.
(b) A mayor.
(c) A president.
(d) A senator.
4. What was the name of the Judge's wife?
5. How old is the character of Catherine?
(a) About fifty.
(b) About seventy.
(c) About forty.
(d) About sixty.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who says, "How could you care about one girl? Have you ever cared about one leaf?"
2. Who says, "But Judge, I'm not sure I know what it is you have in mind we should tell each other. Secrets?"
3. Where does Riley's mother go?
4. How old is Riley when he comes to live in the town?
5. Who says, "Today, when I started out with the Sheriff's party, I was a man convinced that his life will have passed uncommunicated and without trace. I think now that I will not have been so unfortunate"?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Dolly's story with the gypsy women?
2. What symbols are present in Chapter 7 prior to the death of Dolly?
3. What does Riley respond to Sister Ida's asking for Dolly's location? What does he relate to the narrator about her?
4. What is the sequence of events leading to Dolly's death? What does the narrator see that makes him know she has died?
5. What is the story behind Riley's parents?
6. What positions do the sisters whom the narrator lives with have in the town/home? Whom does the narrator gravitate toward of the two?
7. Whom does the narrator encounter while hiding out in Riley's car in Chapter 5? What does this character do?
8. How do Collin and Catherine react to Dolly's death?
9. What exposition is revealed about the Judge's education and marriage?
10. How does the Judge come to live with his sons?
This section contains 916 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)