|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Dolly's potion made to cure?
2. What color is Dolly's room painted?
3. Who takes Dolly's hand at the end of Chapter 3?
(d) The Judge.
4. Who is the richest person in the town?
(b) Horace Holton.
(c) Dr. Ritz.
5. Where is the Judge's wife buried?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Dolly want to give Catherine for her birthday in Chapter 1?
2. What is the Judge's last name?
3. Where do Maudie and her husband go on their honeymoon?
4. Where is Riley born?
5. How old is the young girl to whom the Judge wrote?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Riley's confession in Chapter 3?
2. How does the narrator's father feel about Verena and Dolly? How does the narrator come to live with them?
3. How does the Judge counsel Riley in Chapter 3?
4. How does the Judge come to live with his sons?
5. What does the Judge make of Dolly in Chapter 3?
6. What "secret" does Catherine reveal in Chapter 3?
7. How does the law get involved in the matter between Dolly and Verena?
8. Who tells the narrator about the grass harp? What is it?
9. What is Dolly's story with the gypsy women?
10. How does Dolly react to the Sheriff's demands? What does the Judge do?
This section contains 747 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)