|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the father's name of the sisters with whom the narrator went to live?
2. Where is the man who asked Catherine to marry him?
(b) New York.
(c) New Orleans.
3. Where does Riley's mother go?
(a) An institution.
(b) Las Vegas.
(d) New Orleans.
4. What kind of grass blows in the grass harp?
(a) Crimson grass.
(b) Reed grass.
(c) Moss grass.
(d) Indian grass.
5. Where is the little girl to whom the Judge wrote?
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose esteem does the Judge not enjoy?
2. What does Dolly reveal to the others in the tree house that Verena does?
3. Who comes to the narrator's house the day after his mother's funeral?
4. What kind of cemetery is near the China tree?
5. What is the name of Riley's mother?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the narrator's father feel about Verena and Dolly? How does the narrator come to live with them?
2. Why do Catherine and Dolly go into the woods once a week?
3. What happens at the end of Chapter 2?
4. What does the tree house gang do while the buzz is going on in the town in Chapter 2?
5. What happened to Riley's uncle?
6. Why is the narrator envious of Riley? What responsibilities does Riley have?
7. How does Catherine come to stay on the Talbo property? Describe this character.
8. What positions do the sisters whom the narrator lives with have in the town/home? Whom does the narrator gravitate toward of the two?
9. What exposition is revealed about the Judge's education and marriage?
10. What does the Judge make of Dolly in Chapter 3?
This section contains 780 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)