|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Riley hunting in the woods in Chapter 2?
2. How does the narrator's father die?
(b) House fire.
(d) Car accident.
3. For how much does a bottle of Dolly's potion sell?
(a) Two dollars.
(b) Six dollars.
(c) One dollar.
(d) Three dollars.
4. What is the Reverend's last name?
5. What does Dolly want to give Catherine for her birthday in Chapter 1?
(a) A bracelet.
(b) A doll.
(c) A bouquet.
Short Answer Questions
1. If it hadn't been for whom, no one would have known that they were in the tree?
2. What does Dolly reveal to the others in the tree house that Verena does?
3. What kind of grass blows in the grass harp?
4. What was the name of the Judge's wife?
5. What does the Judge refer to their group as in Chapter 3?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why do Catherine and Dolly go into the woods once a week?
2. Why is the narrator envious of Riley? What responsibilities does Riley have?
3. What exposition is revealed about the Judge's education and marriage?
4. How does Dolly react to the Sheriff's demands? What does the Judge do?
5. What happens at the end of Chapter 2?
6. What does the Judge speak of regarding trust in Chapter 3?
7. What is the group's first interaction with Riley in Chapter 2?
8. Who packs the narrator's belongings in Chapter 1? How does he end up staying at the Talbo house indefinitely?
9. What is the story behind Riley's parents?
10. How does the law get involved in the matter between Dolly and Verena?
This section contains 764 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)