|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Little Homer take out of his hat in Chapter 6 while in the tree?
(a) A rope.
(b) A knife.
(d) A gun.
2. Where does Dolly take Verena in Chapter 6?
(a) Into the hospital.
(b) Down to the river.
(c) Into their house.
(d) Into the tree.
3. Who stands his ground in refusing to leave Dolly alone with Verena in Chapter 6?
(c) The Judge.
4. How much has Verena given to Dr. Ritz for machinery for the old cannery?
(a) Over $50,000.
(b) Over $20,000.
(c) Over $10,000.
(d) Over $5,000.
5. What is the name of the bakery from which Riley brings rolls to the tree house?
(b) Talbo Corner.
(d) Lucky O.
6. Whose ears does Verena box in the battle by the tree?
(c) The Sheriff's.
7. What do they take with them when leaving the tree house at the end of Chapter 6?
(a) The food.
(c) The quilt.
(d) The goldfish.
8. Who fires the gun in Chapter 6?
(b) Big Eddie Stover.
(d) The Sheriff.
9. What does Little Homer offer to give Dolly when they leave?
(a) His hat.
(b) His whistle.
(c) His rope.
(d) His sparkle belt.
10. Who is the warrant of arrest for that the Sheriff brings?
11. Who is one of the characters who drags Catherine away?
(a) James Wishton.
(b) Ronald Oliver.
(c) Eddie Robinson.
(d) Big Eddie Stover.
12. Who is known in the town as the biggest gossip?
(a) The baker.
(b) The cobbler.
(c) The Sheriff.
(d) The barber.
13. How does Jack Mill die a year after the tree rebellion?
(a) Freezing to death.
(b) He hangs himself.
(c) He is shot.
(d) Car accident.
14. At what time does the narrator say the rain slackens in Chapter 6?
(a) Near midnight.
(b) Near dawn.
(c) Near dusk.
(d) Near two.
15. What object is used for passing around money by the traveling evangelists?
(a) The Holy Bonnett.
(b) God's Washline.
(c) The Sacret Scarf.
(d) The Magic Hat.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of one of Sister Ida's daughters?
2. Who says, "I'm feeling old, I want my sister"?
3. Who says, "Don't you know a joke?" in Chapter 4?
4. What does the man whom Maudie Murphy leaves with do for a living?
5. What does Verena refer to Dr. Ritz as in Chapter 6?
This section contains 374 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)