|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of one of Sister Ida's daughters?
(a) Sister Laura.
(b) Juliet Juletta.
(c) Texaco Gasoline.
(d) Jenny Juniper.
2. On what date does Chapter 5 begin?
(a) October 1.
(b) October 20.
(c) November 2.
(d) November 1.
3. What is the name of the bakery from which Riley brings rolls to the tree house?
(c) Lucky O.
(d) Talbo Corner.
4. What is the name of the baker's son?
5. What is the name of the town livery?
(a) Jackson's Livery.
(b) Talbo Livery.
(c) Copper's Livery.
(d) Johnston's Livery.
6. What does Judge do while the boys are away in the town?
(a) Proposes to Dolly.
(b) Proposes to Catherine.
(c) Makes a fire.
(d) Cooks the catfish.
7. Who is known in the town as the biggest gossip?
(a) The Sheriff.
(b) The cobbler.
(c) The barber.
(d) The baker.
8. What does Little Homer take out of his hat in Chapter 6 while in the tree?
(a) A gun.
(c) A knife.
(d) A rope.
9. Who is shot in the battle by the tree?
(a) The Judge.
10. What color hair does Maude have?
11. What is the name of Riley's younger sister?
12. Who says, "Do I understand you've been conniving with that--woman? After she made a mockery of our name?"
(a) The Judge.
13. Who is the Little Homer's brother, who is with the narrator in the tree in Chapter 6?
14. What kind of fish do the narrator and Riley catch?
15. Which character says, "At home, in the kitchen, there is a geranium that blooms over and over. Some plants, though, they bloom just once, if at all, and nothing more happens to them. They live, but they've had their life"?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the schoolmaster at the town school?
2. Where does the baker go to have a time-off beer in the town?
3. What is the name of the grocery store in the town owned by Verena?
4. What is the one thing that Catherine asks to have brought to her in the jail?
5. What is Maude's last name?
This section contains 371 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)