|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose ears does Verena box in the battle by the tree?
(c) The Sheriff's.
2. Who says, "I've envied you always. Come home, Dolly. Leave decisions to me: that, you see, has been my life"?
(c) The Sheriff.
(d) The Judge.
3. What does the man whom Maudie Murphy leaves with do for a living?
(a) Sold neckties.
(b) Sold detergent.
(c) Sold whiskey.
(d) Sold blankets.
4. Who is approaching the tree house at the beginning of Chapter 6?
(b) The Sheriff.
(c) The Judge.
(d) The Bailiff.
5. Who strips off Riley's shirt in Chapter 6?
(a) The Judge.
(b) Sister Ida.
6. Who does the narrator take piano lessons from?
(a) Elizabeth's mother.
(c) Maude's father.
(d) Maude's mother.
7. What is the name of the baker's son?
8. Whose father teaches violin lessons?
9. Who says, "I'm feeling old, I want my sister"?
(d) The Judge.
10. Where does the baker go to have a time-off beer in the town?
(a) Joe's Tavern.
(b) Pete's Cafe.
(c) Mildred's Tavern.
(d) Phil's Cafe.
11. What does Little Homer offer to give Dolly when they leave?
(a) His whistle.
(b) His sparkle belt.
(c) His hat.
(d) His rope.
12. What does Riley stop to urinate on when on the outing with Collin?
(a) A dead animal.
(b) A pile of leaves.
13. Why does Catherine leave the tree house in Chapter 4?
(a) To look for Riley.
(b) To look for Collin.
(c) To gather food.
(d) To go home.
14. Who does Verena lean upon when approaching the tree in Chapter 6?
(a) The Sheriff.
15. What is the prize in the competition Maude is in the finals for?
(a) A trip to Washington.
(b) College scholarship.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Maude's last name?
2. Who says, "Do I understand you've been conniving with that--woman? After she made a mockery of our name?"
3. What is the last name of the couple who owns the town bakery?
4. How does the narrator catch the fish?
5. Where do Riley and Collin head at the beginning of Chapter 4?
This section contains 355 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)