|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the prize in the competition Maude is in the finals for?
(a) A trip to Washington.
(d) College scholarship.
2. What is the name of Riley's younger sister?
3. What does Riley stop to urinate on when on the outing with Collin?
(b) A dead animal.
(d) A pile of leaves.
4. What is the name of one of Sister Ida's daughters?
(a) Juliet Juletta.
(b) Sister Laura.
(c) Texaco Gasoline.
(d) Jenny Juniper.
5. Who says, "Do I understand you've been conniving with that--woman? After she made a mockery of our name?"
(a) The Judge.
6. How does the narrator catch the fish?
(a) With a fishing pole.
(c) With a knife.
(d) With a reed.
7. How does Jack Mill die a year after the tree rebellion?
(a) Car accident.
(b) He is shot.
(c) He hangs himself.
(d) Freezing to death.
8. What is Maude's last name?
9. Who does the narrator find in the tree house when he returns after Catherine is taken away?
(a) No one.
(c) The Judge.
(d) The Sheriff.
10. Who is known in the town as the biggest gossip?
(a) The cobbler.
(b) The barber.
(c) The baker.
(d) The Sheriff.
11. Who is the warrant of arrest for that the Sheriff brings?
12. Whose father teaches violin lessons?
13. On what date does Chapter 5 begin?
(a) November 1.
(b) October 20.
(c) October 1.
(d) November 2.
14. What is the name of the grocery store in town that Verena does not own?
(a) Piggly Wiggly.
(b) Johnson Grocery.
(c) Early Bird.
(d) Marble Grocery.
15. Who is the schoolmaster at the town school?
(a) Mr. Johnson.
(b) Mr. Hand.
(c) Mr. Candle.
(d) Mr. Carmichael.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do men refer to the barber as?
2. Who fires the gun in Chapter 6?
3. How much has Verena given to Dr. Ritz for machinery for the old cannery?
4. What is the name of the bakery from which Riley brings rolls to the tree house?
5. Whose ears does Verena box in the battle by the tree?
This section contains 341 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)