|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of car does Riley drive?
(b) Alfa Romeo.
2. What does Little Homer wear?
(b) A sombrero.
(c) A bib.
(d) A cowboy hat.
3. What color hair does Maude have?
4. Where do Riley and Collin head at the beginning of Chapter 4?
(a) Toward the ocean.
(b) Toward the town.
(c) Toward Verena's house.
(d) Toward the river.
5. What do men refer to the barber as?
(b) Rumor mill.
(d) Old sis.
6. Who is known in the town as the biggest gossip?
(a) The Sheriff.
(b) The barber.
(c) The baker.
(d) The cobbler.
7. Who accompanies the Sheriff into the woods in Chapter 4?
(a) Willie Rogers.
(b) Jack Eason.
(c) Wil Harris.
(d) Harold Johnson.
8. What is scattered about the house boat?
(a) Adventure magazines.
(b) Fishing magazines.
(c) Women's magazines.
(d) Hunting magazines.
9. Who uses the house boat as a hideout?
(b) The Sheriff.
(d) The Judge.
10. Why does Catherine leave the tree house in Chapter 4?
(a) To go home.
(b) To look for Riley.
(c) To gather food.
(d) To look for Collin.
11. What does Little Homer offer to give Dolly when they leave?
(a) His hat.
(b) His sparkle belt.
(c) His whistle.
(d) His rope.
12. What do Maude and Elizabeth want Collin to come as to their Halloween party?
(a) A skeleton.
(b) A mummy.
(c) A werewolf.
(d) A monster.
13. Who says, "I'm feeling old, I want my sister"?
(c) The Judge.
14. What does the narrator say it seems like the tree house is doing at the end of Chapter 6?
15. What do his peers nickname the baker's son?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the schoolmaster at the town school?
2. Who is approaching the tree house at the beginning of Chapter 6?
3. What is the name of the grocery store in town that Verena does not own?
4. Who is shot in the battle by the tree?
5. What is the name of one of Sister Ida's daughters?
This section contains 338 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)