|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the grocery store in town that Verena does not own?
(a) Marble Grocery.
(b) Early Bird.
(c) Piggly Wiggly.
(d) Johnson Grocery.
2. What does Little Homer wear?
(a) A bib.
(b) A sombrero.
(d) A cowboy hat.
3. Who strips off Riley's shirt in Chapter 6?
(a) Sister Ida.
(d) The Judge.
4. Who is the schoolmaster at the town school?
(a) Mr. Johnson.
(b) Mr. Carmichael.
(c) Mr. Hand.
(d) Mr. Candle.
5. Who fires the gun in Chapter 6?
(a) Big Eddie Stover.
(b) The Sheriff.
6. Who is the Little Homer's brother, who is with the narrator in the tree in Chapter 6?
7. Who is one of the characters who drags Catherine away?
(a) Eddie Robinson.
(b) Ronald Oliver.
(c) Big Eddie Stover.
(d) James Wishton.
8. Which character says, "At home, in the kitchen, there is a geranium that blooms over and over. Some plants, though, they bloom just once, if at all, and nothing more happens to them. They live, but they've had their life"?
9. Who says, "Do I understand you've been conniving with that--woman? After she made a mockery of our name?"
(b) The Judge.
10. What object is used for passing around money by the traveling evangelists?
(a) The Sacret Scarf.
(b) The Magic Hat.
(c) God's Washline.
(d) The Holy Bonnett.
11. What does Riley whip his sisters with?
(a) A switch.
(b) A belt.
(c) A tennis shoe.
(d) A paddle.
12. What is the name of one of Sister Ida's daughters?
(a) Juliet Juletta.
(b) Sister Laura.
(c) Texaco Gasoline.
(d) Jenny Juniper.
13. What does everyone in the tree house decide they miss most in the morning?
14. What do Maude and Elizabeth want Collin to come as to their Halloween party?
(a) A skeleton.
(b) A monster.
(c) A mummy.
(d) A werewolf.
15. What does the baker's wife give to Collin for Dolly in Chapter 5?
(a) Cinnamon rolls.
(b) Gingerbread men.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do men refer to the barber as?
2. What does Judge do while the boys are away in the town?
3. Whose father teaches violin lessons?
4. What is scattered about the house boat?
5. What is Maude's last name?
This section contains 370 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)