|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the first to awaken in Chapter 4?
2. Why does Catherine leave the tree house in Chapter 4?
(a) To gather food.
(b) To go home.
(c) To look for Collin.
(d) To look for Riley.
3. What kind of car does Riley drive?
(b) Alfa Romeo.
4. Who says, "Don't you know a joke?" in Chapter 4?
(c) The Judge.
5. What is the name of the bakery from which Riley brings rolls to the tree house?
(b) Talbo Corner.
(c) Lucky O.
6. What is scattered about the house boat?
(a) Hunting magazines.
(b) Adventure magazines.
(c) Women's magazines.
(d) Fishing magazines.
7. Who claims, "Responsible? No one is that; except ourselves" in Chapter 6?
8. What is the name of the grocery store in the town owned by Verena?
(a) Sunshine Grocery.
(b) Jitney Jungle.
(c) Verena's Grocery.
(d) Talbo Grocery.
9. What is the name of the child evangelist?
(a) Little Jackie Jonson.
(b) Little Randy Rogers.
(c) Little Homer Honey.
(d) Little Sammy Smith.
10. Who does Verena lean upon when approaching the tree in Chapter 6?
(b) The Sheriff.
11. What does everyone in the tree house decide they miss most in the morning?
12. Who accompanies the Sheriff into the woods in Chapter 4?
(a) Jack Eason.
(b) Willie Rogers.
(c) Wil Harris.
(d) Harold Johnson.
13. What kind of cake does the narrator dream of baking inside the house boat?
(b) Cherry Cream.
14. Who says, "I'm feeling old, I want my sister"?
(a) The Judge.
15. What object is used for passing around money by the traveling evangelists?
(a) The Magic Hat.
(b) The Holy Bonnett.
(c) The Sacret Scarf.
(d) God's Washline.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Little Homer take out of his hat in Chapter 6 while in the tree?
2. Who is one of the characters who drags Catherine away?
3. What does Riley whip his sisters with?
4. What do they take with them when leaving the tree house at the end of Chapter 6?
5. What does Judge do while the boys are away in the town?
This section contains 366 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)