|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the man whom Maudie Murphy leaves with do for a living?
(a) Sold blankets.
(b) Sold neckties.
(c) Sold detergent.
(d) Sold whiskey.
2. Who is known in the town as the biggest gossip?
(a) The baker.
(b) The Sheriff.
(c) The barber.
(d) The cobbler.
3. How does Jack Mill die a year after the tree rebellion?
(a) Freezing to death.
(b) Car accident.
(c) He hangs himself.
(d) He is shot.
4. What is the name of the town livery?
(a) Talbo Livery.
(b) Copper's Livery.
(c) Johnston's Livery.
(d) Jackson's Livery.
5. Who says, "I've envied you always. Come home, Dolly. Leave decisions to me: that, you see, has been my life"?
(a) The Sheriff.
(c) The Judge.
6. What is the name of Riley's younger sister?
7. Who is the warrant of arrest for that the Sheriff brings?
8. Who accompanies the Sheriff into the woods in Chapter 4?
(a) Willie Rogers.
(b) Jack Eason.
(c) Harold Johnson.
(d) Wil Harris.
9. Whose ears does Verena box in the battle by the tree?
(a) The Sheriff's.
10. Who strips off Riley's shirt in Chapter 6?
(a) Sister Ida.
(d) The Judge.
11. What is the name of the child evangelist?
(a) Little Jackie Jonson.
(b) Little Homer Honey.
(c) Little Randy Rogers.
(d) Little Sammy Smith.
12. What is Maude's last name?
13. What kind of fish do the narrator and Riley catch?
14. On what date does Chapter 5 begin?
(a) November 1.
(b) October 1.
(c) November 2.
(d) October 20.
15. What object is used for passing around money by the traveling evangelists?
(a) The Holy Bonnett.
(b) The Magic Hat.
(c) The Sacret Scarf.
(d) God's Washline.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the grocery store in the town owned by Verena?
2. Who claims, "Responsible? No one is that; except ourselves" in Chapter 6?
3. Who is approaching the tree house at the beginning of Chapter 6?
4. What does Riley whip his sisters with?
5. Who is the Little Homer's brother, who is with the narrator in the tree in Chapter 6?
This section contains 343 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)