|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the warrant of arrest for that the Sheriff brings?
2. What color hair does Maude have?
3. Where does the baker go to have a time-off beer in the town?
(a) Pete's Cafe.
(b) Mildred's Tavern.
(c) Phil's Cafe.
(d) Joe's Tavern.
4. What is the town barber's name?
(a) Amos Legrand.
(b) Ronald Barber.
(c) Andy Wilson.
(d) Jefferey Walters.
5. How does Jack Mill die a year after the tree rebellion?
(a) Car accident.
(b) Freezing to death.
(c) He hangs himself.
(d) He is shot.
6. Where are Dolly and the Judge when the narrator returns from his outing with Riley in Chapter 4?
(a) In the tree house.
(b) In the town.
(c) High in the tree.
(d) In the jail.
7. What is the name of Riley's younger sister?
8. What kind of fish do the narrator and Riley catch?
9. Who is one of the characters who drags Catherine away?
(a) Eddie Robinson.
(b) Big Eddie Stover.
(c) Ronald Oliver.
(d) James Wishton.
10. Who is the first to awaken in Chapter 4?
11. Whose father teaches violin lessons?
12. Who does the narrator find in the tree house when he returns after Catherine is taken away?
(b) No one.
(c) The Sheriff.
(d) The Judge.
13. What kind of cake does the narrator dream of baking inside the house boat?
(c) Cherry Cream.
14. How does the narrator catch the fish?
(a) With a knife.
(b) With a reed.
(d) With a fishing pole.
15. At what time does the narrator say the rain slackens in Chapter 6?
(a) Near dusk.
(b) Near midnight.
(c) Near dawn.
(d) Near two.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does the narrator take piano lessons from?
2. Who is approaching the tree house at the beginning of Chapter 6?
3. Who says, "Don't you know a joke?" in Chapter 4?
4. Who is shot in the battle by the tree?
5. What does the man whom Maudie Murphy leaves with do for a living?
This section contains 342 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)