|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the last name of the couple who owns the town bakery?
2. What does Judge do while the boys are away in the town?
(a) Proposes to Dolly.
(b) Proposes to Catherine.
(c) Makes a fire.
(d) Cooks the catfish.
3. What is the name of the child evangelist?
(a) Little Sammy Smith.
(b) Little Homer Honey.
(c) Little Jackie Jonson.
(d) Little Randy Rogers.
4. Who stands his ground in refusing to leave Dolly alone with Verena in Chapter 6?
(d) The Judge.
5. What is the name of the baker's son?
6. Who is approaching the tree house at the beginning of Chapter 6?
(a) The Bailiff.
(b) The Sheriff.
(c) The Judge.
7. Who says, "Don't you know a joke?" in Chapter 4?
(d) The Judge.
8. What kind of cake does the narrator dream of baking inside the house boat?
(d) Cherry Cream.
9. Who accompanies the Sheriff into the woods in Chapter 4?
(a) Jack Eason.
(b) Harold Johnson.
(c) Willie Rogers.
(d) Wil Harris.
10. Who is the Little Homer's brother, who is with the narrator in the tree in Chapter 6?
11. What kind of car does Riley drive?
(b) Alfa Romeo.
12. What color hair does Maude have?
13. Who is shot in the battle by the tree?
(a) The Judge.
14. Who is one of the characters who drags Catherine away?
(a) Big Eddie Stover.
(b) James Wishton.
(c) Ronald Oliver.
(d) Eddie Robinson.
15. What does Little Homer take out of his hat in Chapter 6 while in the tree?
(a) A knife.
(b) A gun.
(c) A rope.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who says, "I've envied you always. Come home, Dolly. Leave decisions to me: that, you see, has been my life"?
2. What does Little Homer lower out of the tree in Chapter 6?
3. Who is the schoolmaster at the town school?
4. Where does the baker go to have a time-off beer in the town?
5. Where does Dolly take Verena in Chapter 6?
This section contains 360 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)