|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What color hair does Maude have?
2. What is the one thing that Catherine asks to have brought to her in the jail?
(a) Her blanket.
(b) Her embroidery.
(c) Her goldfish.
(d) Her cat.
3. What does Riley whip his sisters with?
(a) A belt.
(b) A switch.
(c) A paddle.
(d) A tennis shoe.
4. Who is the Little Homer's brother, who is with the narrator in the tree in Chapter 6?
5. What do men refer to the barber as?
(b) Rumor mill.
(c) Old sis.
6. Who says, "I'm feeling old, I want my sister"?
(a) The Judge.
7. Who fires the gun in Chapter 6?
(a) The Sheriff.
(c) Big Eddie Stover.
8. Who is the schoolmaster at the town school?
(a) Mr. Carmichael.
(b) Mr. Hand.
(c) Mr. Candle.
(d) Mr. Johnson.
9. Where does the baker go to have a time-off beer in the town?
(a) Joe's Tavern.
(b) Phil's Cafe.
(c) Mildred's Tavern.
(d) Pete's Cafe.
10. What does everyone take out that they had bought from Little Homer while in the tree in Chapter 6?
(a) Tin whistles.
(c) Prayer books.
(d) Toy guns.
11. Who is the warrant of arrest for that the Sheriff brings?
12. How much has Verena given to Dr. Ritz for machinery for the old cannery?
(a) Over $20,000.
(b) Over $5,000.
(c) Over $50,000.
(d) Over $10,000.
13. What is the name of the grocery store in town that Verena does not own?
(a) Piggly Wiggly.
(b) Early Bird.
(c) Marble Grocery.
(d) Johnson Grocery.
14. At what time does the narrator say the rain slackens in Chapter 6?
(a) Near dawn.
(b) Near two.
(c) Near dusk.
(d) Near midnight.
15. What is the name of the baker's son?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Judge do while the boys are away in the town?
2. What kind of car does Riley drive?
3. What do they take with them when leaving the tree house at the end of Chapter 6?
4. Who says, "I've envied you always. Come home, Dolly. Leave decisions to me: that, you see, has been my life"?
5. What does Little Homer lower out of the tree in Chapter 6?
This section contains 366 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)