|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of fish do the narrator and Riley catch?
2. What is the name of Riley's younger sister?
3. Which character says, "At home, in the kitchen, there is a geranium that blooms over and over. Some plants, though, they bloom just once, if at all, and nothing more happens to them. They live, but they've had their life"?
4. What is the prize in the competition Maude is in the finals for?
(b) A trip to Washington.
(c) College scholarship.
5. What is the name of the town livery?
(a) Johnston's Livery.
(b) Jackson's Livery.
(c) Copper's Livery.
(d) Talbo Livery.
6. Who is the Little Homer's brother, who is with the narrator in the tree in Chapter 6?
7. What does the baker's wife give to Collin for Dolly in Chapter 5?
(a) Gingerbread men.
(c) Cinnamon rolls.
8. What does Little Homer lower out of the tree in Chapter 6?
(a) A gun.
(b) A bottle rocket.
(c) A knife.
(d) A noose.
9. What is the name of one of Sister Ida's daughters?
(a) Sister Laura.
(b) Texaco Gasoline.
(c) Jenny Juniper.
(d) Juliet Juletta.
10. At what time does the narrator say the rain slackens in Chapter 6?
(a) Near dusk.
(b) Near dawn.
(c) Near two.
(d) Near midnight.
11. What kind of car does Riley drive?
(d) Alfa Romeo.
12. Where do Riley and Collin head at the beginning of Chapter 4?
(a) Toward the town.
(b) Toward Verena's house.
(c) Toward the ocean.
(d) Toward the river.
13. Who is known in the town as the biggest gossip?
(a) The cobbler.
(b) The baker.
(c) The Sheriff.
(d) The barber.
14. What is Maude's last name?
15. What is the name of the baker's son?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the one thing that Catherine asks to have brought to her in the jail?
2. Who accompanies the Sheriff into the woods in Chapter 4?
3. Who uses the house boat as a hideout?
4. What does Little Homer offer to give Dolly when they leave?
5. What is the name of the child evangelist?
This section contains 370 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)