|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the schoolmaster at the town school?
(a) Mr. Carmichael.
(b) Mr. Hand.
(c) Mr. Johnson.
(d) Mr. Candle.
2. Where does the baker go to have a time-off beer in the town?
(a) Phil's Cafe.
(b) Pete's Cafe.
(c) Joe's Tavern.
(d) Mildred's Tavern.
3. Who accompanies the Sheriff into the woods in Chapter 4?
(a) Willie Rogers.
(b) Wil Harris.
(c) Harold Johnson.
(d) Jack Eason.
4. On what date does Chapter 5 begin?
(a) November 1.
(b) October 20.
(c) November 2.
(d) October 1.
5. Who does Verena lean upon when approaching the tree in Chapter 6?
(a) The Sheriff.
6. Who says, "Don't you know a joke?" in Chapter 4?
(c) The Judge.
7. Who fires the gun in Chapter 6?
(c) Big Eddie Stover.
(d) The Sheriff.
8. Whose father teaches violin lessons?
9. How much has Verena given to Dr. Ritz for machinery for the old cannery?
(a) Over $50,000.
(b) Over $5,000.
(c) Over $20,000.
(d) Over $10,000.
10. What is the name of one of Sister Ida's daughters?
(a) Sister Laura.
(b) Jenny Juniper.
(c) Texaco Gasoline.
(d) Juliet Juletta.
11. What do his peers nickname the baker's son?
12. What is the last name of the couple who owns the town bakery?
13. Who says, "I've envied you always. Come home, Dolly. Leave decisions to me: that, you see, has been my life"?
(a) The Judge.
(d) The Sheriff.
14. What is the prize in the competition Maude is in the finals for?
(a) A trip to Washington.
(d) College scholarship.
15. Who is the Little Homer's brother, who is with the narrator in the tree in Chapter 6?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the grocery store in town that Verena does not own?
2. What color hair does Maude have?
3. What object is used for passing around money by the traveling evangelists?
4. Who tells Elizabeth and Maude that Catherine is arrested for hitting Mrs. Buster with a mason jar?
5. What is Maude's last name?
This section contains 336 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)