|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Maude and Elizabeth want Collin to come as to their Halloween party?
(a) A mummy.
(b) A monster.
(c) A skeleton.
(d) A werewolf.
2. What is the one thing that Catherine asks to have brought to her in the jail?
(a) Her blanket.
(b) Her embroidery.
(c) Her goldfish.
(d) Her cat.
3. What do his peers nickname the baker's son?
4. What is the name of one of Sister Ida's daughters?
(a) Juliet Juletta.
(b) Sister Laura.
(c) Jenny Juniper.
(d) Texaco Gasoline.
5. Who stands his ground in refusing to leave Dolly alone with Verena in Chapter 6?
(c) The Judge.
6. Who says, "I'm feeling old, I want my sister"?
(d) The Judge.
7. What does Verena refer to Dr. Ritz as in Chapter 6?
(a) Little Morris.
(b) The Jew.
(c) Dr. Ritz.
8. Who does the narrator take piano lessons from?
(a) Maude's mother.
(b) Elizabeth's mother.
(c) Maude's father.
9. What is the name of the town livery?
(a) Jackson's Livery.
(b) Johnston's Livery.
(c) Talbo Livery.
(d) Copper's Livery.
10. What does the man whom Maudie Murphy leaves with do for a living?
(a) Sold whiskey.
(b) Sold blankets.
(c) Sold detergent.
(d) Sold neckties.
11. What is the town barber's name?
(a) Jefferey Walters.
(b) Andy Wilson.
(c) Amos Legrand.
(d) Ronald Barber.
12. How does Jack Mill die a year after the tree rebellion?
(a) He is shot.
(b) Car accident.
(c) Freezing to death.
(d) He hangs himself.
13. What does Little Homer offer to give Dolly when they leave?
(a) His hat.
(b) His sparkle belt.
(c) His whistle.
(d) His rope.
14. Who says, "Don't you know a joke?" in Chapter 4?
(d) The Judge.
15. What do men refer to the barber as?
(b) Rumor mill.
(c) Old sis.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the narrator catch the fish?
2. Who says, "I've envied you always. Come home, Dolly. Leave decisions to me: that, you see, has been my life"?
3. What does Judge do while the boys are away in the town?
4. Who is one of the characters who drags Catherine away?
5. What color hair does Maude have?
This section contains 359 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)