|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Judge do while the boys are away in the town?
(a) Proposes to Catherine.
(b) Makes a fire.
(c) Cooks the catfish.
(d) Proposes to Dolly.
2. What does Riley whip his sisters with?
(a) A tennis shoe.
(b) A belt.
(c) A paddle.
(d) A switch.
3. What is the name of the baker's son?
4. What kind of car does Riley drive?
(b) Alfa Romeo.
5. What do men refer to the barber as?
(c) Old sis.
(d) Rumor mill.
6. Which character says, "At home, in the kitchen, there is a geranium that blooms over and over. Some plants, though, they bloom just once, if at all, and nothing more happens to them. They live, but they've had their life"?
7. What object is used for passing around money by the traveling evangelists?
(a) God's Washline.
(b) The Magic Hat.
(c) The Holy Bonnett.
(d) The Sacret Scarf.
8. What kind of cake does the narrator dream of baking inside the house boat?
(a) Cherry Cream.
9. What is the prize in the competition Maude is in the finals for?
(a) College scholarship.
(b) A trip to Washington.
10. What is scattered about the house boat?
(a) Fishing magazines.
(b) Women's magazines.
(c) Hunting magazines.
(d) Adventure magazines.
11. Whose father teaches violin lessons?
12. Who is one of the characters who drags Catherine away?
(a) James Wishton.
(b) Big Eddie Stover.
(c) Ronald Oliver.
(d) Eddie Robinson.
13. Who is shot in the battle by the tree?
(d) The Judge.
14. Who tells Elizabeth and Maude that Catherine is arrested for hitting Mrs. Buster with a mason jar?
(a) Riley Henderson.
(b) Uriah Talbo.
(c) Wilbur Johnson.
(d) Gus Ham.
15. What is the name of one of Sister Ida's daughters?
(a) Juliet Juletta.
(b) Texaco Gasoline.
(c) Sister Laura.
(d) Jenny Juniper.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is approaching the tree house at the beginning of Chapter 6?
2. What does the narrator say it seems like the tree house is doing at the end of Chapter 6?
3. What is the name of the grocery store in the town owned by Verena?
4. Who is known in the town as the biggest gossip?
5. What do his peers nickname the baker's son?
This section contains 375 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)