|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do they take with them when leaving the tree house at the end of Chapter 6?
(b) The food.
(c) The quilt.
(d) The goldfish.
2. Who is the first to awaken in Chapter 4?
3. Who fires the gun in Chapter 6?
(b) The Sheriff.
(d) Big Eddie Stover.
4. Who strips off Riley's shirt in Chapter 6?
(a) The Judge.
(d) Sister Ida.
5. What is the name of the woman whose wagon Riley almost hits on the road in Chapter 5?
(a) Mrs. Candle.
(b) Mrs. Colburn.
(c) Mrs. Cox.
(d) Sister Ida.
6. What do Maude and Elizabeth want Collin to come as to their Halloween party?
(a) A skeleton.
(b) A monster.
(c) A werewolf.
(d) A mummy.
7. Who claims, "Responsible? No one is that; except ourselves" in Chapter 6?
8. What does Judge do while the boys are away in the town?
(a) Cooks the catfish.
(b) Proposes to Dolly.
(c) Proposes to Catherine.
(d) Makes a fire.
9. What is Maude's last name?
10. Who is the warrant of arrest for that the Sheriff brings?
11. Who is the Little Homer's brother, who is with the narrator in the tree in Chapter 6?
12. What is the name of Riley's younger sister?
13. What does Little Homer take out of his hat in Chapter 6 while in the tree?
(a) A rope.
(b) A gun.
(d) A knife.
14. Who stands his ground in refusing to leave Dolly alone with Verena in Chapter 6?
(b) The Judge.
15. What does everyone take out that they had bought from Little Homer while in the tree in Chapter 6?
(b) Tin whistles.
(c) Prayer books.
(d) Toy guns.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who says, "Do I understand you've been conniving with that--woman? After she made a mockery of our name?"
2. What is the name of the grocery store in the town owned by Verena?
3. On what date does Chapter 5 begin?
4. Who is the schoolmaster at the town school?
5. What is scattered about the house boat?
This section contains 355 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)