|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who strips off Riley's shirt in Chapter 6?
(b) The Judge.
(d) Sister Ida.
2. What kind of car does Riley drive?
(c) Alfa Romeo.
3. What does Judge do while the boys are away in the town?
(a) Proposes to Catherine.
(b) Makes a fire.
(c) Proposes to Dolly.
(d) Cooks the catfish.
4. Who uses the house boat as a hideout?
(b) The Judge.
(d) The Sheriff.
5. What does the baker's wife give to Collin for Dolly in Chapter 5?
(c) Gingerbread men.
(d) Cinnamon rolls.
6. Where does Dolly take Verena in Chapter 6?
(a) Into their house.
(b) Into the tree.
(c) Into the hospital.
(d) Down to the river.
7. What is the name of Riley's younger sister?
8. Who says, "Don't you know a joke?" in Chapter 4?
(c) The Judge.
9. What is the last name of the couple who owns the town bakery?
10. What does Riley whip his sisters with?
(a) A switch.
(b) A belt.
(c) A paddle.
(d) A tennis shoe.
11. Who claims, "Responsible? No one is that; except ourselves" in Chapter 6?
12. What is the name of the grocery store in town that Verena does not own?
(a) Early Bird.
(b) Marble Grocery.
(c) Johnson Grocery.
(d) Piggly Wiggly.
13. What does Little Homer take out of his hat in Chapter 6 while in the tree?
(a) A knife.
(b) A gun.
(c) A rope.
14. What is the name of the grocery store in the town owned by Verena?
(a) Jitney Jungle.
(b) Talbo Grocery.
(c) Sunshine Grocery.
(d) Verena's Grocery.
15. How does Jack Mill die a year after the tree rebellion?
(a) He hangs himself.
(b) Car accident.
(c) Freezing to death.
(d) He is shot.
Short Answer Questions
1. On what date does Chapter 5 begin?
2. Who is shot in the battle by the tree?
3. What color hair does Maude have?
4. What is the prize in the competition Maude is in the finals for?
5. What is the name of the baker's son?
This section contains 329 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)