|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do his peers nickname the baker's son?
2. Who says, "I've envied you always. Come home, Dolly. Leave decisions to me: that, you see, has been my life"?
(b) The Sheriff.
(d) The Judge.
3. What is the name of Riley's younger sister?
4. Where do Riley and Collin head at the beginning of Chapter 4?
(a) Toward the ocean.
(b) Toward Verena's house.
(c) Toward the river.
(d) Toward the town.
5. What does Riley whip his sisters with?
(a) A switch.
(b) A tennis shoe.
(c) A belt.
(d) A paddle.
6. What do they take with them when leaving the tree house at the end of Chapter 6?
(a) The food.
(c) The goldfish.
(d) The quilt.
7. Who is the warrant of arrest for that the Sheriff brings?
8. What do men refer to the barber as?
(b) Rumor mill.
(c) Old sis.
9. Who does the narrator take piano lessons from?
(b) Maude's father.
(c) Maude's mother.
(d) Elizabeth's mother.
10. Who is known in the town as the biggest gossip?
(a) The cobbler.
(b) The barber.
(c) The baker.
(d) The Sheriff.
11. On what date does Chapter 5 begin?
(a) November 1.
(b) October 20.
(c) November 2.
(d) October 1.
12. What is the town barber's name?
(a) Andy Wilson.
(b) Amos Legrand.
(c) Ronald Barber.
(d) Jefferey Walters.
13. What kind of car does Riley drive?
(b) Alfa Romeo.
14. What do Maude and Elizabeth want Collin to come as to their Halloween party?
(a) A mummy.
(b) A monster.
(c) A werewolf.
(d) A skeleton.
15. Who does Verena lean upon when approaching the tree in Chapter 6?
(b) The Sheriff.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Jack Mill die a year after the tree rebellion?
2. Who is one of the characters who drags Catherine away?
3. Who stands his ground in refusing to leave Dolly alone with Verena in Chapter 6?
4. Why does Catherine leave the tree house in Chapter 4?
5. What is Maude's last name?
This section contains 340 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)