|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does the narrator find in the tree house when he returns after Catherine is taken away?
(a) No one.
(b) The Judge.
(d) The Sheriff.
2. What is the town barber's name?
(a) Ronald Barber.
(b) Jefferey Walters.
(c) Amos Legrand.
(d) Andy Wilson.
3. Who strips off Riley's shirt in Chapter 6?
(a) Sister Ida.
(d) The Judge.
4. What does Riley stop to urinate on when on the outing with Collin?
(a) A dead animal.
(c) A pile of leaves.
5. What does Little Homer lower out of the tree in Chapter 6?
(a) A gun.
(b) A knife.
(c) A noose.
(d) A bottle rocket.
6. Where does Dolly take Verena in Chapter 6?
(a) Into their house.
(b) Down to the river.
(c) Into the hospital.
(d) Into the tree.
7. Who is the first to awaken in Chapter 4?
8. What does the man whom Maudie Murphy leaves with do for a living?
(a) Sold blankets.
(b) Sold neckties.
(c) Sold whiskey.
(d) Sold detergent.
9. Where are Dolly and the Judge when the narrator returns from his outing with Riley in Chapter 4?
(a) In the jail.
(b) High in the tree.
(c) In the tree house.
(d) In the town.
10. How does Jack Mill die a year after the tree rebellion?
(a) He hangs himself.
(b) He is shot.
(c) Freezing to death.
(d) Car accident.
11. What color hair does Maude have?
12. What does Riley whip his sisters with?
(a) A belt.
(b) A paddle.
(c) A tennis shoe.
(d) A switch.
13. Who says, "I've envied you always. Come home, Dolly. Leave decisions to me: that, you see, has been my life"?
(b) The Sheriff.
(c) The Judge.
14. Who says, "I'm feeling old, I want my sister"?
(b) The Judge.
15. Who does the narrator take piano lessons from?
(a) Maude's father.
(b) Maude's mother.
(c) Elizabeth's mother.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who tells Elizabeth and Maude that Catherine is arrested for hitting Mrs. Buster with a mason jar?
2. Why does Catherine leave the tree house in Chapter 4?
3. What is the name of Riley's younger sister?
4. Who accompanies the Sheriff into the woods in Chapter 4?
5. Who says, "Don't you know a joke?" in Chapter 4?
This section contains 371 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)