|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of fish do the narrator and Riley catch?
2. Where are Dolly and the Judge when the narrator returns from his outing with Riley in Chapter 4?
(a) In the tree house.
(b) In the town.
(c) In the jail.
(d) High in the tree.
3. What is the name of the bakery from which Riley brings rolls to the tree house?
(a) Talbo Corner.
(d) Lucky O.
4. What is the name of one of Sister Ida's daughters?
(a) Jenny Juniper.
(b) Texaco Gasoline.
(c) Sister Laura.
(d) Juliet Juletta.
5. What does everyone in the tree house decide they miss most in the morning?
6. What is the name of the town livery?
(a) Talbo Livery.
(b) Copper's Livery.
(c) Jackson's Livery.
(d) Johnston's Livery.
7. Which character says, "At home, in the kitchen, there is a geranium that blooms over and over. Some plants, though, they bloom just once, if at all, and nothing more happens to them. They live, but they've had their life"?
8. What is the name of the baker's son?
9. What is the prize in the competition Maude is in the finals for?
(b) A trip to Washington.
(c) College scholarship.
10. What do his peers nickname the baker's son?
11. Who tells Elizabeth and Maude that Catherine is arrested for hitting Mrs. Buster with a mason jar?
(a) Wilbur Johnson.
(b) Riley Henderson.
(c) Uriah Talbo.
(d) Gus Ham.
12. What does the baker's wife give to Collin for Dolly in Chapter 5?
(b) Gingerbread men.
(d) Cinnamon rolls.
13. Why does Catherine leave the tree house in Chapter 4?
(a) To gather food.
(b) To look for Collin.
(c) To look for Riley.
(d) To go home.
14. Who stands his ground in refusing to leave Dolly alone with Verena in Chapter 6?
(a) The Judge.
15. Who says, "Don't you know a joke?" in Chapter 4?
(b) The Judge.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the Little Homer's brother, who is with the narrator in the tree in Chapter 6?
2. What is the name of the grocery store in the town owned by Verena?
3. What does Verena refer to Dr. Ritz as in Chapter 6?
4. Who does the narrator take piano lessons from?
5. Who says, "Do I understand you've been conniving with that--woman? After she made a mockery of our name?"
This section contains 402 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)