|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does the baker go to have a time-off beer in the town?
(a) Pete's Cafe.
(b) Phil's Cafe.
(c) Joe's Tavern.
(d) Mildred's Tavern.
2. What is the town barber's name?
(a) Andy Wilson.
(b) Jefferey Walters.
(c) Amos Legrand.
(d) Ronald Barber.
3. Who accompanies the Sheriff into the woods in Chapter 4?
(a) Wil Harris.
(b) Willie Rogers.
(c) Jack Eason.
(d) Harold Johnson.
4. What does Little Homer wear?
(a) A bib.
(b) A sombrero.
(c) A cowboy hat.
5. How does Jack Mill die a year after the tree rebellion?
(a) Car accident.
(b) He is shot.
(c) He hangs himself.
(d) Freezing to death.
6. What is the name of the woman whose wagon Riley almost hits on the road in Chapter 5?
(a) Mrs. Colburn.
(b) Sister Ida.
(c) Mrs. Cox.
(d) Mrs. Candle.
7. Who uses the house boat as a hideout?
(b) The Judge.
(d) The Sheriff.
8. What does Riley whip his sisters with?
(a) A paddle.
(b) A belt.
(c) A tennis shoe.
(d) A switch.
9. Who claims, "Responsible? No one is that; except ourselves" in Chapter 6?
10. What kind of car does Riley drive?
(a) Alfa Romeo.
11. What does everyone take out that they had bought from Little Homer while in the tree in Chapter 6?
(a) Toy guns.
(b) Tin whistles.
(c) Prayer books.
12. Whose father teaches violin lessons?
13. What is the prize in the competition Maude is in the finals for?
(a) A trip to Washington.
(d) College scholarship.
14. Whose ears does Verena box in the battle by the tree?
(c) The Sheriff's.
15. What does the baker's wife give to Collin for Dolly in Chapter 5?
(c) Gingerbread men.
(d) Cinnamon rolls.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the last name of the couple who owns the town bakery?
2. Who is one of the characters who drags Catherine away?
3. Which character says, "At home, in the kitchen, there is a geranium that blooms over and over. Some plants, though, they bloom just once, if at all, and nothing more happens to them. They live, but they've had their life"?
4. Who is known in the town as the biggest gossip?
5. Who tells Elizabeth and Maude that Catherine is arrested for hitting Mrs. Buster with a mason jar?
This section contains 379 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)