|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do his peers nickname the baker's son?
2. What is the name of one of Sister Ida's daughters?
(a) Jenny Juniper.
(b) Juliet Juletta.
(c) Texaco Gasoline.
(d) Sister Laura.
3. What is the town barber's name?
(a) Andy Wilson.
(b) Jefferey Walters.
(c) Ronald Barber.
(d) Amos Legrand.
4. Who is one of the characters who drags Catherine away?
(a) James Wishton.
(b) Ronald Oliver.
(c) Big Eddie Stover.
(d) Eddie Robinson.
5. How does the narrator catch the fish?
(a) With a knife.
(b) With a fishing pole.
(d) With a reed.
6. Why does Catherine leave the tree house in Chapter 4?
(a) To gather food.
(b) To look for Collin.
(c) To go home.
(d) To look for Riley.
7. Who is known in the town as the biggest gossip?
(a) The Sheriff.
(b) The cobbler.
(c) The baker.
(d) The barber.
8. How much has Verena given to Dr. Ritz for machinery for the old cannery?
(a) Over $50,000.
(b) Over $5,000.
(c) Over $20,000.
(d) Over $10,000.
9. What does the baker's wife give to Collin for Dolly in Chapter 5?
(b) Cinnamon rolls.
(d) Gingerbread men.
10. At what time does the narrator say the rain slackens in Chapter 6?
(a) Near midnight.
(b) Near dawn.
(c) Near two.
(d) Near dusk.
11. Which character says, "At home, in the kitchen, there is a geranium that blooms over and over. Some plants, though, they bloom just once, if at all, and nothing more happens to them. They live, but they've had their life"?
12. What is the one thing that Catherine asks to have brought to her in the jail?
(a) Her blanket.
(b) Her goldfish.
(c) Her cat.
(d) Her embroidery.
13. Who says, "Do I understand you've been conniving with that--woman? After she made a mockery of our name?"
(d) The Judge.
14. What does Judge do while the boys are away in the town?
(a) Cooks the catfish.
(b) Makes a fire.
(c) Proposes to Catherine.
(d) Proposes to Dolly.
15. Who does Verena lean upon when approaching the tree in Chapter 6?
(a) The Sheriff.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Little Homer take out of his hat in Chapter 6 while in the tree?
2. What kind of fish do the narrator and Riley catch?
3. Who is shot in the battle by the tree?
4. What does Little Homer offer to give Dolly when they leave?
5. Where are Dolly and the Judge when the narrator returns from his outing with Riley in Chapter 4?
This section contains 410 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)